Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 143
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  
    smccloud's Avatar

    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

    Default

    Just got mine today & installed it. Works great using a little soapy water even though it goes against all that one thinks is right.
  2. #52  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnazwa View Post
    I got my screen protector from phantomskinz.com
    Did you get teh full body or just the screen? I always wondered how well those full body kits work.
  3. #53  
    kalex's Avatar

    Posts
    446 Posts
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

    Default

    I ordered a set of Anti-Glare HD ones from screenguardz.com during their 50% off sale. Install was pretty easy as they are not wet application.
    Problem I encountered and I'm not sure if its just the ones i received or all of them is that I get what they call "Halo" effect.
    I attached a picture of what it looks like.
    Its only cosmetic issue and doesn't effect operations. Screen protector is very smooth, does help with glare a bit and doesn't interfere with using the screen. I'm waiting for them to ship me replacement ones so i can see if the halo issue is taken care of.

    Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen protectors-p1010143.jpg  
  4. #54  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalex1114 View Post
    I ordered a set of Anti-Glare HD ones from screenguardz.com during their 50% off sale. Install was pretty easy as they are not wet application.
    Problem I encountered and I'm not sure if its just the ones i received or all of them is that I get what they call "Halo" effect.
    I attached a picture of what it looks like.
    Its only cosmetic issue and doesn't effect operations. Screen protector is very smooth, does help with glare a bit and doesn't interfere with using the screen. I'm waiting for them to ship me replacement ones so i can see if the halo issue is taken care of.

    Alex
    That looks like the same problem that Sumpm mentioned, about how the edges didn't seem to adhere.
  5. #55  
    kalex's Avatar

    Posts
    446 Posts
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

    Default

    Good news. I recieved replacement screen protectors from screenguardz.com and they don't have Halo problem. Applied fairly easy using dry method. Only issue is that its very hard to keep dust away from the sticky side. So after I applied it, there are few dust spots under the sticky part of the protector. Its not that bad, just a bit annoying.
  6. #56  
    cmags's Avatar

    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    I received the cheap ebay protectors I ordered (5 for like $3.69 shipped) yesterday. Phones should be here tomorrow so I'll report back when I have them mounted to see how they look.

    But on first glance they look pretty nice. Thin but stiff, reported to be anti-glare and fingerprint free, has the proper notch for the light/proximity sensor, and comes with a dust-free cloth for cleaning ahead of time. Seems to be worth taking the chance so far, but we'll see tomorrow.

    Last edited by cmags; 01-03-2011 at 03:34 PM.
  7. #57  
    shortyjacobs's Avatar

    Posts
    446 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    What's this light sensor notch you're talking about? I cut my own protector out of a bigger sheet with no extra notch and it seems to work ok....

    Sent from my LS670
  8. #58  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rendang View Post
    I got these from ebay for $2.49 shipped.
    They are wet-apply so some care is required when putting it on and some phone downtime.
    Supposed to last 1-2 years.

    Came with a squeegee, instructions and a small cloth. Was pretty easy to put on, looks great on the phone (1 week so far). No bubbling or peeling yet. I'm happy with it.

    So I just got mine yesterday, it's a bit of a pain putting it on without getting bubbles. First time around I had a microscopic piece of lint which showed up 20min after applying when water begin to dry. So I peeled it off resoaped it and did it again. This time after squeegeeing, it seemed perfect. Got all the water out, no visible bubbles &went to bed. Well this is my phone 10 hours later. Bubbles showed up .. I'm hoping they will dry out. As far as feel, it feels fine, as responsive as before. When I was trying to get the air bubbles out now seems like scratch marks from the pressure.

    I'm not sure if I would recommend this yet, unless you came from installing tint for a living. If the bubbles go away I might.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen protectors-cimg4635.jpg   Screen protectors-cimg4636.jpg   Screen protectors-cimg4637.jpg   Screen protectors-cimg4639.jpg   Screen protectors-cimg4640.jpg  

    Screen protectors-cimg4643.jpg   Screen protectors-cimg4644.jpg   Screen protectors-cimg4645.jpg   Screen protectors-cimg4646.jpg   Screen protectors-cimg4649.jpg  

  9. #59  

    Default

    Over the years, I've used screen protectors from Boxwave, Zagg, Phantom Skinz, Screen Guardz, and Best Skins Ever.

    I have been using the Clarivue screen protector on my Evo. (clarivue.com) The screen protectors from Clarivue are as good as any I have used (and much better than the Zagg or the BSE protectors). They are a dry-apply type with no glue. The surface feels smooth and just like the regular screen. Clarivue comes with a lifetime warranty (which I have used). I like these the best because they are easier to apply than many other brands. (instructions on Clarivue's site).

    The trick to getting a perfect installation is to use 2 pieces of scotch tape to get rid of any dust particles stuck under the protector. One piece to life up the corner of the protector, another piece to suck up the dust particle.

    They have just become available for the Optimus S. $12.99 for a 2-pack, free shipping. 10-percent off coupon is: protect331

    I just ordered some for my daughter's Optimus S phone for her Christmas present. I'll keep buying Clarivue until I find something better.
  10. #60  
    ltrz's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    ROM
    ThundeRom

    Default

    ordered the xtreme guard protectors (ebay). should be here today..

    not sure on what some brands ask to use when using "wet apply" some say water some say soapy water..etc... however a nice lil help is using a solution like windex (watered down)

    will post back how extreme goes. and if i get bubbles like post #58, i ordered 2 so atleast have a 2nd chance at it. lol.
  11. #61  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    Over the years, I've used screen protectors from Boxwave, Zagg, Phantom Skinz, Screen Guardz, and Best Skins Ever.

    I have been using the Clarivue screen protector on my Evo. (clarivue.com) The screen protectors from Clarivue are as good as any I have used (and much better than the Zagg or the BSE protectors). They are a dry-apply type with no glue. The surface feels smooth and just like the regular screen. Clarivue comes with a lifetime warranty (which I have used). I like these the best because they are easier to apply than many other brands. (instructions on Clarivue's site).

    The trick to getting a perfect installation is to use 2 pieces of scotch tape to get rid of any dust particles stuck under the protector. One piece to life up the corner of the protector, another piece to suck up the dust particle.

    They have just become available for the Optimus S. $12.99 for a 2-pack, free shipping. 10-percent off coupon is: protect331

    I just ordered some for my daughter's Optimus S phone for her Christmas present. I'll keep buying Clarivue until I find something better.
    Did you get the clear or anti-glare?
  12. #62  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Did you get the clear or anti-glare?
    Clear. I want the screen protector to be nearly invisible.
  13. #63  

    Default

    I bought an Xtremeguard after seeing some tiny scratches on my plastic screen. Not bad for $2.49, and shipped within a few days. Wet apply was a little bit of trouble though. I'm not sure if I would use soap next time, I kept getting bubbles underneath the film so I had to wait a few minutes for it to settle. Then I had to leave it a few hours to dry because it was floating on a puddle. It was fine after waiting overnight. Nice smooth texture, the film is a little bit smaller than the screen, and no cutout for the proximity sensor though it seems to work fine.
  14. #64  
    cmags's Avatar

    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    So I got my phones today and immediately applied the screen protectors I got on ebay. Same as above, I see that the film is slightly smaller than the screen. I'm hoping this hides behind the hard case I ordered. Other than that, they went on smoothly, are nice and clear (can't tell they're there with the screen on), and no halo. For about 75 cents each, I can't complain.

    Last edited by cmags; 01-03-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    Thanked by:
  15. #65  
    kalex's Avatar

    Posts
    446 Posts
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

    Default

    Is that cutout on the top left needed? My screen protector doesn't have it and doesn't interfere with light sensor.
  16. #66  
    cmags's Avatar

    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    There have been mixed thoughts on the notch- best I can see is that some early phones' sensors were to sensitive to the protectors so manufacturers added the notch to be safe. If you don't see any problems without it I wouldn't worry about it.
  17. #67  
    shortyjacobs's Avatar

    Posts
    446 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalex1114 View Post
    Is that cutout on the top left needed? My screen protector doesn't have it and doesn't interfere with light sensor.
    I don't have one, (cut my protectors out of iPad screen protectors ), and no problems here.
  18. #68  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmags View Post
    So I got my phones today and immediately applied the screen protectors I got on ebay. Same as above, I see that the film is slightly smaller than the screen. I'm hoping this hides behind the hard case I ordered. Other than that, they went on smoothly, are nice and clear (can't tell they're there with the screen on), and no halo. For about 75 cents each, I can't complain.

    Wow...those look great! Can I ship my phone to you and have you apply a screen protector? Heh...I have so many fingerprints and marks on the bottom side of mine from two botched applications. I just gave up and deal with them. Not bad when the screen is turned on, but when it is off it looks like a year old phone, not a week old phone.
  19. #69  
    iadubber's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccrs8 View Post
    Wow...those look great! Can I ship my phone to you and have you apply a screen protector? Heh...I have so many fingerprints and marks on the bottom side of mine from two botched applications. I just gave up and deal with them. Not bad when the screen is turned on, but when it is off it looks like a year old phone, not a week old phone.
    The trick is to use a light soap and water solution sprayed on and squeegeed out.
  20. #70  

    Default

    Mines is a universal cut out :/ it sucks, I want what yall have..
  21. #71  
    ltrz's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    ROM
    ThundeRom

    Default

    so ordered the Xtreme Guard screen protectors ..(ebay). not bad. must say it has a decent feel. a bit of a soft touch to it however a ton better than how zagg feels.

    i find that the instructions are a bit much. and noticed from other users of xtreme have had a bit trouble.

    if you clean the screen, then wipe using a micro cloth, and right before applying. take a paper towel sprayed down with windex and gently wipe the entire screen (dont leave suds) then apply the screen you have a better chance of a good apply. allows u to still adjust the screen and wont slide as much while taking out bubbles.

    (have ur fingers wet while dealing with applying, wont allow ur finger prints to show up)

    it says to wait like 24hrs or atleast 8hrs till use. well if ur in a hurry leave the phone alone for a while. then clean the screen (gently). then put ur cell (with out battery) in rice. yes rice. its a old trick to help moister damage to electronics. it will speed up the whole curing process and takes the HAZINESS away very quick. just wipe off the rice dust. and ur good to go. (can leave over night or a few hrs).

    still with product if u have bubbles still may go away in a a few days. or use the ol' decale method and take a needle or razors edge and tap side of bubble(s) and then press down bubble and should go away. (not suggested if you dont know what ur doing)
  22. #72  
    cmags's Avatar

    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    These films were dry-apply so I didn't use any solution. I followed a video guide from one of the ebay vendors and will try to find it when I get to a pc, but the basic trick was this:

    Clean the screen well with the included or your own microfiber cloth.
    Peel back only about half an inch of the sticky side cover and set it in place.
    Check and adjust the alignment, allowing the film to lay flat on the phone, not caring if the cover gets creased.
    Press a credit card against the film where the cover is still on the film's sticky side and pull the cover as you slide the card along behind, pressing out any air bubbles a you go.
    Smooth out any left over bubbles then pull the outside film cover off.
    Admire your handiwork and enjoy!
  23. #73  

    Default

    I installed the xtreme gaurd screen from ebay the other day and it looks great. Just followed their instructions and did it right before I went to bed at night. The next morning it was ready to rock. As was mentioned earlier it's slightly smaller than the actaul screen but thats a good thing because of any part of it was larger than the glass you end up with air pockets. For $2.49 shipped it's a steal.
  24. #74  
    simon.ponder's Avatar

    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast Nightly

    Default Amazon

    I always find great deals on screen protectors and cases on amazon. Usually you can find bundles that include a case, screen protectors, and a mobile charger for ten bucks or so.

    If you look close enough, you may even find one that is fulfilled by Amazon, so you can get free two-day shipping with an Amazon Prime account. Which, by the way, is free for a year if you register won amazon with an .edu email address.
    "I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
  25. #75  
    DC88's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default

    I have the ghost armor shield from their mall kiosk. It is about $20 including install (just screen only, it is $30 to do the whole phone but I dont recommend it). It is a bit pricey, but definitly worth every penny of it. I used it on my touch pro 2, and after a year later it is still in good shape.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B