Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Default Screen protectors

Anyone been able to find screen protectors somewhere other than eBay?

They sell the Zagg one at BestBuy. Otherwise I just seen them on ebay...
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,923 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Bodyguardz makes them.

Sent from my Optimus T
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I got a "GadgetGuard" from Ebay... hate it. It's the same as the Zagg styles, has the orange peel effect and is not very "slick" for your fingers to slide across. Once some of the nice static-cling styles start coming out, I'm switching. I work on a construction site and HAD to have something to protect the device....

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always Flashing Who Knows

You can get the invisable sheild at radio shack I got the one for the iphone and cut out what I needed and you could almost cover ever inch of the phone with it an its cheaper it only cost $18 for the iphone 3g and 3gs version and best buy sells the universal ones but they are not pre cut and you get 3 good size sheets to work with kinda got to have some skills with cutters lol and they go for $21

InvisibleShield on Zagg's website for 14.99 + shipping.

The BodyGuardz came to $15.95 for 2 shipped (coupon code "protect" for 10% off)
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,923 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I still think that bodyguardz is way better than Zagg. I think the feel of Zagg is too rubbery IMO.

Well i got my bodyguardz in today and wow .... i forgot how bad screen protectors are (haven't used one in a long time)

Bodyguardz only sells the dry applies for these so you had better get it right the first time. I put the first one on and had the alignment pretty darn close to perfect but quickly realized that, i could put my phone in a bag of nails with no protector and shake it around and it wouldn't look as bad as it does with a protector. Kind of seems like I'm defeating the purpose.

I'm gonna take the second one and make a mixture of soap and water and apply it lightly to the back before putting it on the phone which should let me get it perfectly even and perfectly flat. I'll let that dry a bit then maybe hit it quickly with a hair dryer to tighten it up a tad. If that doesn't work i really just won't care and will find a replacement screen later down the road if i ever need one.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,923 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Well i got my bodyguardz in today and wow .... i forgot how bad screen protectors are (haven't used one in a long time)

Bodyguardz only sells the dry applies for these so you had better get it right the first time. I put the first one on and had the alignment pretty darn close to perfect but quickly realized that, i could put my phone in a bag of nails with no protector and shake it around and it wouldn't look as bad as it does with a protector. Kind of seems like I'm defeating the purpose.

I'm gonna take the second one and make a mixture of soap and water and apply it lightly to the back before putting it on the phone which should let me get it perfectly even and perfectly flat. I'll let that dry a bit then maybe hit it quickly with a hair dryer to tighten it up a tad. If that doesn't work i really just won't care and will find a replacement screen later down the road if i ever need one.
    Lol you're doing something wrong.

Sent from my Optimus T

1) Washed my hands good
    2) Cleaned the screen good
    3) put about 5 drops of clean water on the sticky side of the bodyguardz screen protector and with a light touch, spread the water evenly around with a clean finger (step 1)
    4) put that sucker on the screen and tweaked it until it was just perfect
    5) Pushed any air and or water out with the supplied scraper making sure to have a clean rag in 1 hand to dab up the water.
    6) After all the water was out i let it dry about 30 minutes, phone off not touching it.
    7) On a very low heat and about a foot away i used a hair drier on the phone being very careful not to heat it up too much just wanted to warm it up a bit to re-activate the glue

The new bodyguardz looks like glass and if it weren't for it being slightly smaller then the actual plastic, you wouldn't be able to tell. In the end I'm probably going to take it off because i feel my finger doesn't slide quite as well across this but i will leave it on until bodyguardz or another high quality company comes out with an anti-glare one.

cheers
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,923 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    1) Washed my hands good
    2) Cleaned the screen good
    3) put about 5 drops of clean water on the sticky side of the bodyguardz screen protector and with a light touch, spread the water evenly around with a clean finger (step 1)
    4) put that sucker on the screen and tweaked it until it was just perfect
    5) Pushed any air and or water out with the supplied scraper making sure to have a clean rag in 1 hand to dab up the water.
    6) After all the water was out i let it dry about 30 minutes, phone off not touching it.
    7) On a very low heat and about a foot away i used a hair drier on the phone being very careful not to heat it up too much just wanted to warm it up a bit to re-activate the glue

The new bodyguardz looks like glass and if it weren't for it being slightly smaller then the actual plastic, you wouldn't be able to tell. In the end I'm probably going to take it off because i feel my finger doesn't slide quite as well across this but i will leave it on until bodyguardz or another high quality company comes out with an anti-glare one.

cheers
    Good! Glad to hear. Yeah I'm a huge fan of anti glare myself.

Sent from my Optimus T

ClearFreak sells them for less on EBay though; I paid $3.99 plus free shipping.
    Watch the 'How to Install ' video. Has anyone done this? How do you keep the liquid from getting inside your phone??
    ClearFreak looks like the same 3M material as sold by Bodyguardz but less.

I have the ClearFreak one installed. It's fairly easy to put on, and seems to be pretty smooth to run your fingers across the screen. I had an InvisibleShield on my Hero, and it worked well, but seemed to be more difficult to put on (I had the one for the whole phone) and a little tacky to the touch. As for getting liquid into the phone, you only use a light mist from a spray bottle, you're not dousing the phone. I was sort of worried about this too, but remember, phone's can handle some liquid (imagine being out in the rain). I kept a paper towel handy to wipe up any extra water, but there wasn't too much.
    Now I am just waiting for some hard cases to come out to put on to protect the rest of the phone.

ROM
    Hyperdragon, ThundeROM

I have been using Zagg products on all of my phones and other devices for years, I will be getting my Optimus next week and plan on doing the same with that as well.
    .:[ Official LegoROM Mirror ]:.
    .:[ Official ThundeROM Mirror ]:.
    "The Digital Generation Lives On"
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

I have a ClearFreek on the way for my Optimus S and a new Stealth Guard on the way for the wife's Epic.

just got an email from Bodyguardz .... if you've been holding off for a deal this might be what you've been looking for

"We decided to outdo ourselves this year and give you our best Black Friday deal ever. Get 50% off your entire purchase all weekend long when you use the coupon code FRIDAY. Plus, as a returning customer, you get to enjoy an additional 20% off when you log in. Combined with your returning customer discount, a $24.95 pack of BodyGuardz will cost you under $10. It's a great time to start thinking of all those new gadgets that will need to be protected this holiday season.

If you end up missing your chance to get a discounted BodyGuardz on Friday, don't worry. The sale runs through Sunday at midnight.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a happy shopping day!"

I just ordered this phone (from Ebay - fingers crossed I'm not about to receive a stolen phone). I have a Moment and use a screen protector for it. I don't have anything else on my Moment and always keep in it my pocket without anything else in the pocket, and the body of my Moment is almost scratch-free. Assuming I treat my Optimus the same way, do you think I need a screen protector? Has anyone accidentally scratched this screen? I realize it is not Gorilla Glass, but has it been proven brittle and prone to scratches?

Quote Originally Posted by ccrs8 View Post
    I just ordered this phone (from Ebay - fingers crossed I'm not about to receive a stolen phone). I have a Moment and use a screen protector for it. I don't have anything else on my Moment and always keep in it my pocket without anything else in the pocket, and the body of my Moment is almost scratch-free. Assuming I treat my Optimus the same way, do you think I need a screen protector? Has anyone accidentally scratched this screen? I realize it is not Gorilla Glass, but has it been proven brittle and prone to scratches?
    Not only is it not gorilla glass, it's not glass. It's glass reinforced plastic. Do yourself a favor and get a screen protector.

ROM
    Hydro Rom

Hey all, I'm new to the forom but i've got "ghost armor" on mine and it works great. No "orange peel" affect and it pretty slick to the touch. Just me 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    Lol you're doing something wrong.

Sent from my Optimus T
    Thats what she said.

sorry couldn't resist

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

If you dont like the rubber feel of those ZAGG type protectors (I hate them), try this.

I have it on my phone. Apply 3 drops of water on screen, center it and apply.

Has anyone tried the "Dry Apply" one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Has anyone tried the "Dry Apply" one?
    I had the dry apply bodyguardz. The first one where i followed the instructions from bodyguardz, looked terrible. There were no gaps or bubbles but i could literally see the glue when the screen was on. It was like it distorted the screen slightly when looking close.

I then applied the second one as a wet apply (posted instructions somewhere in this thread) and that turned out much more suitable. I still have the screen guard on for the time being until someone posts a link for an anti-glare one from a reputable company at which time I'll order that. IMHO, anti-glare protectors provide such a smooth experience when sliding your finger on the screen it's actually better feeling than not having one.

Ahh ok. I have the anti-glare one on my Epic and I like it. I got it from the Sprint store. I have an extra one so maybe I'll trim it to fit my lady's new Optimus (if she decides to keep it). I didn't like the tacky feel of the Ghost Armor or the Invisible Shield when I had it on my Pre.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast