Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

ROM
    CM10 (Deck) 10/29

Quote Originally Posted by cmags View Post
    Anyone seen anything else that will fit these phones?
    Absolutely. I found this at a local Sprint store, it's a bodyglove, but nice and slim. no kickstand, or anything really.. Also sports a nice grippy back so I can set it on the dashboard while driving for a speakerphone conversation, or wherever else, really, without it sliding off. Very nice touch IMHO. Here's some pictures of it I took..

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDave View Post
    I just ordered the one with the belt clip (Body Glove model 9167101) off eBay for $17. I like the fact that it doubles as a rotatable kickstand and is removable. Best of both worlds. Will post detailed pics once I get it, if anyone's interested.

As much as I feel that a clip-on-the-belt case/holster is ultra dorky, I often have no other choice (especially when wearing jeans to work, which is just about every day).
    Update: OK, I've been using this case/holster for a few days now. It's really great in that it's resistant to drops/bumps however, I've noticed that when I wear it on my belt on the car, the seat belt causes the phone to tilt a bit and so the back rubs into the rotating clip. I now have two light but noticeable wear spots where this happened, soooo I'm going to pop the case apart and replace the knob with the flat "nub". No more wearing it on my belt.

ROM
    Stock

I got the Body Glove with the belt clip/kickstand, I don't use the clip as I always carry my phone in my pocket but I really like this case. I'd recommended it to anyone.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I want to get the Body Glove case but I have a few questions.

1.)How effective are hard cases against drop protection?

2.)Does the kickstand allow you to prop it up sideways,like to watch youtube videos?

3.)I have heard there are car mounts which use the knob on the back of the case. If possible a link, or picture of a good car mount adapter.

Please feel free to answer any one or all questions if possible.
    T.I.A.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lenoh View Post
    I want to get the Body Glove case but I have a few questions.

1.)How effective are hard cases against drop protection?

2.)Does the kickstand allow you to prop it up sideways,like to watch youtube videos?

3.)I have heard there are car mounts which use the knob on the back of the case. If possible a link, or picture of a good car mount adapter.

Please feel free to answer any one or all questions if possible.
    T.I.A.
    1) The Body Glove case is excellent for drop protection...a screen protector will add protection as well.

2) Yes the kickstand can be used horizontally as well as vertically.

3) There is a way to mount the Body Glove case to a car mount using the button. The following link has pictures and details:

I suggest searching on ebay for "TPU". This is a special blend of plastic and does not attract lint at all unlile the silicone ones.

For those that think cases are not a good idea. I had a HD2 which I cased and screen protected on day one and exactly a month into it, I dropped it on the floor and I had one of these TPU cases and a screen protector and the phone was not harmed.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    STOCK rooted

Quote Originally Posted by NicksOptimus View Post
    I suggest searching on ebay for "TPU". This is a special blend of plastic and does not attract lint at all unlile the silicone ones.

For those that think cases are not a good idea. I had a HD2 which I cased and screen protected on day one and exactly a month into it, I dropped it on the floor and I had one of these TPU cases and a screen protector and the phone was not harmed.
    Thanks! Looked them up, and definitely like them! Just ordered one.

Anyone with the rubberized case feel like their phone gets hot when its on? I have one and sometimes it seems really hot.

Also, I can't plug into my charger with it on because it won't fit through the hole to seat well.

Is this perhaps just mine?

ROM
    Nameles v1

If you have access to a hot knife, sharp cutter or dremmel(sorry if I misspelled) you can modify the hole in the case. The manufacturing tolerances are low on the cheaper cases so sometimes you need to modify.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

ROM
    nROM/Xionia 007

Quote Originally Posted by schufly73 View Post
    I have the hard plastic rubberized case like several posters here have. I also have a left over Seidio belt clip. I think it may be from a Hero....don't remember to tell the truth. It was in my junk box. But it fits perfectly with face in. I will try to get a pic up today if I can.

Here are some pics. As you can see, it will work face out, but who wants that?
    Do you happen to know which Seidio holster this was? I'm trying to track one down for an LG Optimus in a case as well. Tried it on a friend's Seidio Hero holster and it didn't fit. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    I don't understand the purpose of these cases. They just make the phone fatter and don't protect the screen...the one vulnerable area. I much prefer a screen protector and an otherwise naked phone.
    The phone doesn't have to land on the screen to damage the screen. A good fall on the edge or corner can make it look like a broken mirror without even breaking the glass.
    I'm liking this Amazon.com: Green Silicone Skin / Case / Cover for LG Optimus S LS670 / Optimus U / Optimus V VM670: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Great fit, no plug issues. No pocket lint issues. And it's just bright and ugly enough that I'm less likely to leave it laying somewhere.

ROM
    Stock 2.2

Talking

No one with the otterbox showin' off? I'll have to get some pictures up. Personally I hate cheapy cases and this otterbox is exactly what I wanted in a case. It might be more money but I can see where my money went!

^ Please post pics. I am curious to see how they look (not a stock photo). I just got my eBay case in the mail today. It is one of those plastic 2 piece clip-ons with a black rubberized soft touch finish. I love mine. Especially the price... $2.49 shipped to my door in 3 days.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Check the otter box thread. I posted pics a few days ago.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Banned

ROM
    CM & Jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by cheezeit View Post
    I bought my case off ebay for 6 bucks shipped. It's a smoked hard plastic case. Fits really well and feels of good quality. Also got a screen protector for a buck.

wow iam coping that

ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by henrykipson View Post
    Man I love my phone I just bought a blackberry 882 and i need some cover on it. i search lot but i didn't found any good looking blackberry torch bling case for my phone. Can any please gave me any idea. Thanks.

Uh..., why are you posting about a blackberry on an android forum? Am I missing something?

I just bought a new LG Optimus S from Sprint and got the Bodyglove rubberized hardcase with belt clip for it. While I'm not too fond of the texture/pattern of the rubber, it was the only case I could find with a belt clip.

I think i found the best one for the optimus.. well least for what I was looking for.. its a jelly case.. kind of.. but its thinner then most.. best of all it covers the four button.. I hate when my hands are gross and i have to handle my phone. along with the screen protector my phone is pretty much covered.. it has a textured back to it.. so its not too smooth.. and for a jelly it doesn't catch on the pocket as much..

here is the link in amazon
    Amazon.com: Black Radiant Silicone Gel Case for LG LS670 Optimus S: Electronics

That's the one I have an it's great, I'd like the one with the clip/kickstand but I'm broke
    Can't see in the pic, but the back is somewhat rubberized, and towards the bottom it has bg's branding. Witch is plastic.
    sent from my ginger-optimus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show off your optimus cover & cases-uploadfromtaptalk1307073869391.jpg   Show off your optimus cover & cases-uploadfromtaptalk1307073886209.jpg  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Re: Show off your optimus cover & cases

I just got a MyBat Fishbone case from a seller on Amazon. It's a black rubber skin with a red hard plastic cover. It covers the phone well without adding too much bulk, and has covers for the side buttons and holes for the ports.

(edit: product link at Amazon, if anyone's interested)
    docgoat1987 likes this.

ROM
    ColdROM v2.0

Current Setup:

Old Stuff:

The zagg shield was replaced because it was scraped by a bottle cap, which never faded like most other scratches do.

Such a good little phone

I also got this case. The reviews on amazon say that the cut for the usb port is large but it's not big enough either. Also the cut for the SD card is too narrow. I used a dremel and fixed them. Now it fits perfectly. I can connect the charger without having to pull up the skin. Side keys are hard to press though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show off your optimus cover & cases-s8302114.jpg   Show off your optimus cover & cases-s8302115.jpg   Show off your optimus cover & cases-s8302117.jpg   Show off your optimus cover & cases-s8302118.jpg   Show off your optimus cover & cases-s8302119.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123