Show off your optimus cover & cases

Warlord721

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Which body glove did you all get? There is one with a belt clip, and there is one without the clip, (see pics). I can't decide which one to get. Helps for sharing. :)

I have the one without the clip (don't like phone on my hip). I like the case, I wish it had a smooth back instead of the rubbery back, but it doesn't catch or drag my pocket so i have no functional complaints, just style. Its open all along the bottom so pluging in the USB is not an issue. Same for the button areas. It works and does what its supposed to... protect my phone. :D

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Which body glove did you all get? There is one with a belt clip, and there is one without the clip, (see pics). I can't decide which one to get. Helps for sharing. :)

I just ordered the one with the belt clip (Body Glove model 9167101) off eBay for $17. I like the fact that it doubles as a rotatable kickstand and is removable. Best of both worlds. Will post detailed pics once I get it, if anyone's interested.

As much as I feel that a clip-on-the-belt case/holster is ultra dorky, I often have no other choice (especially when wearing jeans to work, which is just about every day).

9167101.jpg

bobdyglove_LS670.jpg
bobdyglove_LS670a.jpg

The Glove Snap-On case offers revolutionary protection in the ultimate custom fit phone case. This case features a durable hard shell wrapped in a textured glove material that is easy to grip and protects your LG Optimus S LS670 from scratches. This case comes with Body Glove patented all-in-one clip system, which includes a removable knob for a low profile and a rapid release clip with an adjustable built-in kickstand. This allows your phone to be worn on your belt, propped up with the kickstand, or slipped into your pocket effortlessly! This case allows for access to all controls along with the charging port.

Key Specifications/Special Features:

* Durable hard shell wrapped in a textured glove material
* Ultimate custom fit for maximum protection
* Removable knob for a low profile
* Adjustable kickstand built into clip
* Kickstand allows for multiple viewing angles

Last edited:

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That link appears to be a solid black TPU case. It looks exactly like the one I have but solid black rather than smoke clear.

I got mine on ebay for cheap. Just search "LG Optimus S TPU" and you'll find all sorts of colors/designs, many for under $5 shipped.

HeXDeMoN

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Optimus Cases...Any good ones out there?

I was just wondering if there is a nice looking case for this phone. Everything I find is a silicone thing and I really don't like those or the hardened plastic ones. Too bad Otterbox doesn't make one.

Let me know if you know of anything!

Thanks!

Disaster

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the purpose of these cases. They just make the phone fatter and don't protect the screen...the one vulnerable area. I much prefer a screen protector and an otherwise naked phone.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering if there is a nice looking case for this phone. Everything I find is a silicone thing and I really don't like those or the hardened plastic ones. Too bad Otterbox doesn't make one.

Let me know if you know of anything!

Thanks!

So far, what I've seen is the following:

- Standard soft silicon cases in any color imaginable.
- TPU cases (flexible plastic) in similar style to silicon cases, few colors, argyle or bubble pattern - and maybe one solid black one.
- Hard plastic cases in any of a bunch of colors or patterns.
- BodyGlove case with integrated kickstand (sold here).
- Full body screen protector material.
- Any of a dozen generic one-size-fits-all sleeves, leather holsters, and such.

Anyone seen anything else that will fit these phones?

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the purpose of these cases. They just make the phone fatter and don't protect the screen...the one vulnerable area. I much prefer a screen protector and an otherwise naked phone.

The case is primarily for drop/bump protection, and to keep the rest of the phone body protected from scratches while the screen protector does its job on the business end. Some folks also like that they can spruce up the design of the phone (for example, my wife has a very bubbly pattern adorning her phone's case which makes it quite unique - she loves it). Mine allows me to fit it snugly into a car dock that's designed for an iPhone. To each his own.

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone seen anything else that will fit these phones?

Absolutely. I found this at a local Sprint store, it's a bodyglove, but nice and slim. no kickstand, or anything really.. Also sports a nice grippy back so I can set it on the dashboard while driving for a speakerphone conversation, or wherever else, really, without it sliding off. Very nice touch IMHO. Here's some pictures of it I took..

bodyglove case - Imgur

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the one with the belt clip (Body Glove model 9167101) off eBay for $17. I like the fact that it doubles as a rotatable kickstand and is removable. Best of both worlds. Will post detailed pics once I get it, if anyone's interested.

As much as I feel that a clip-on-the-belt case/holster is ultra dorky, I often have no other choice (especially when wearing jeans to work, which is just about every day).

Update: OK, I've been using this case/holster for a few days now. It's really great in that it's resistant to drops/bumps however, I've noticed that when I wear it on my belt on the car, the seat belt causes the phone to tilt a bit and so the back rubs into the rotating clip. I now have two light but noticeable wear spots where this happened, soooo I'm going to pop the case apart and replace the knob with the flat "nub". No more wearing it on my belt.

The DragonTJH

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the Body Glove with the belt clip/kickstand, I don't use the clip as I always carry my phone in my pocket but I really like this case. I'd recommended it to anyone.

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I want to get the Body Glove case but I have a few questions.

1.)How effective are hard cases against drop protection?

2.)Does the kickstand allow you to prop it up sideways,like to watch youtube videos?

3.)I have heard there are car mounts which use the knob on the back of the case. If possible a link, or picture of a good car mount adapter.

Please feel free to answer any one or all questions if possible.
T.I.A.

anon(141613)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to get the Body Glove case but I have a few questions.

1.)How effective are hard cases against drop protection?

2.)Does the kickstand allow you to prop it up sideways,like to watch youtube videos?

3.)I have heard there are car mounts which use the knob on the back of the case. If possible a link, or picture of a good car mount adapter.

Please feel free to answer any one or all questions if possible.
T.I.A.

1) The Body Glove case is excellent for drop protection...a screen protector will add protection as well.

2) Yes the kickstand can be used horizontally as well as vertically.

3) There is a way to mount the Body Glove case to a car mount using the button. The following link has pictures and details:

Optimus V Car Mounts - Android Forums

NicksOptimus

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I suggest searching on ebay for "TPU". This is a special blend of plastic and does not attract lint at all unlile the silicone ones.

For those that think cases are not a good idea. I had a HD2 which I cased and screen protected on day one and exactly a month into it, I dropped it on the floor and I had one of these TPU cases and a screen protector and the phone was not harmed.

Reactions: dbeckwit

dbeckwit

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I suggest searching on ebay for "TPU". This is a special blend of plastic and does not attract lint at all unlile the silicone ones.

For those that think cases are not a good idea. I had a HD2 which I cased and screen protected on day one and exactly a month into it, I dropped it on the floor and I had one of these TPU cases and a screen protector and the phone was not harmed.

Thanks! Looked them up, and definitely like them! Just ordered one.

br.hoffman

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone with the rubberized case feel like their phone gets hot when its on? I have one and sometimes it seems really hot.

Also, I can't plug into my charger with it on because it won't fit through the hole to seat well.

Is this perhaps just mine?

mr.longbough

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
If you have access to a hot knife, sharp cutter or dremmel(sorry if I misspelled) you can modify the hole in the case. The manufacturing tolerances are low on the cheaper cases so sometimes you need to modify.

Reactions: br.hoffman

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463