Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Default Show off your optimus cover & cases

Anyone bought cases yet?? Please share some close up pics!

Update: Here's mine

$6 Black Rubberized Hard Case on ebay. I'm pleased

Last edited by mxl180; 12-14-2010 at 09:13 PM.

ROM
    Stock

I like mine naked. Just put a screen protector pilfered from work on it, and good to go.

ROM
    CM7/CWMA v1.2518.4

I am using silicone case from ebay.....protection wise its good....but a lot thicker than i expected adding bulk.
    ...also a dirt magnet....what not sticks to it when i take it out of my pocket.....acts as a lint remover and cleans my jeans pocket...lol

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    I have ORD!

I'm thinking of getting the silicon case from the sprint store. Anyone with one of those? Opinions?

I bought my case off ebay for 6 bucks shipped. It's a smoked hard plastic case. Fits really well and feels of good quality. Also got a screen protector for a buck.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I've been eying those smoked hard plastic cases. Doesn't look half bad. A lot nicer than expected actually. Think you could grab overall measurements (HxWxD) with it on? In millimeters would be ideal to compare to other phones and cradles to see if it'd fit while protected, but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cheezeit View Post
    I bought my case off ebay for 6 bucks shipped. It's a smoked hard plastic case. Fits really well and feels of good quality. Also got a screen protector for a buck.

did you take that picture with a touch pro?

ROM
    CM7/CWMA v1.2518.4

Don't get silicone case. I am not using mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by gooberlx View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the silicon case from the sprint store. Anyone with one of those? Opinions?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    I have ORD!

That smoked one doesnt look that bad. Ive been watching them ones on ebay. Im waiting for an otterbox or someone to come out with those silicone ones with a holster to go with it thats what I really want.

@ cmags: Here's a pic of it compared to a phone without the case:

I took a quick measurement and I'd say the max dimensions are 63x 116 x 16 mm with the case on. In general, the case is about 1-2mm thick.

@strra: Why yes i did This phone is so much better than the touch pro!

@weenerdog: Yeah, I wasn't expecting much for $6 but this has totally satisfied me. It's very sturdy, with no creaking when squeezed and the two halves clamp together so tightly that it took me a couple minutes to wrestle it apart to put on a screen protector. I carry my phone in my pocket so I needed a hard case that wouldn't stick.

Link to ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Link to ebay?
    Just ordered one, now less than $5.00. That's only one cheap lunch wasted if it stinks! ;D

Hope it's cool to link ot an eBay auction:

This is the one i bought in the pics:

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations v1.3

Has anyone ever tried or seen one of the Body Glove cases? I like idea of the texture grip. Looks like it might prevent the phone from sliding around on a smooth surface.

ROM
    CM9 COLD AS ICE

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_jeff View Post
    Has anyone ever tried or seen one of the Body Glove cases? I like idea of the texture grip. Looks like it might prevent the phone from sliding around on a smooth surface.
    That's what I'm using right now. The grip is nice, but it can still slide around due to the slightly raised plastic where it says "Body Glove" along the bottom. It does add a bit of size to the phone, but I have large hands and the extra size was actually a good thing for me, weight feels about the same.

It feels like it protects the phone fairly well, and I've never had an issue where the case has inhibited any normal use of buttons/ports.
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_jeff View Post
    I have the bodyglove case and absolutely love it. Great purchase IMHO. The grip is awesome and i have a couple of friends who have seen it and wished it was available for their phone.

FYI - Sprint customer service game me 25% off the case (without purchasing anything else) and gave me free overnight shipping. You might want to try your luck at tele-sales and see if they can hook you up.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

I'm currently using mine with the black skull ace of spades.

Also have a Blue skull one coming in the mail.

Pretty cheap on e-bay - anywhere from $5-8 shipped.

Also got a couple of xtreme screen protectors for like $3 shipped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show off your optimus cover & cases-black-skull-ace.jpg   Show off your optimus cover & cases-blue-skulls.jpg  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post

I've got the same one. Works great for the price!

Quote Originally Posted by iadubber View Post
    I've got the same one. Works great for the price!
    Would you happen to have a link, also is this one more of the hard rubber or flexible/jell?

I have one of the snap on plastic cases from ebay. The only draw back is none of them have a swivel on the back for a clip.
    I had the Instinct before and the cases that Sprint sold were great and they had the belt clip swivel in the back. You didn't have to use it. The round part just pushes through the back and leaves a small rectangle if you don't want the clip.

Many times I don't have a jacket on, or a pocket to put the phone in. Dress pants and khakis are fine, but I can't stand a phone in my pocket when I wear jeans.
    I have to have a belt clip.
    I ordered one of the universal ones and used some 3M sticky tape to fix it on the back. Working great so far. I just wish the cases available had the option.

anyone find a holster that can fit the phone with a hard case on it? and also has any one had any problems with using any of the magnetic close style holsers. Ive had a couple phones where the magnets would mess them up. I like having the hard case and then being able to put it in a holster and a clip

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock......

I have the hard plastic rubberized case like several posters here have. I also have a left over Seidio belt clip. I think it may be from a Hero....don't remember to tell the truth. It was in my junk box. But it fits perfectly with face in. I will try to get a pic up today if I can.

Here are some pics. As you can see, it will work face out, but who wants that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show off your optimus cover & cases-100_1788.jpg   Show off your optimus cover & cases-100_1789.jpg   Show off your optimus cover & cases-100_1790.jpg   Show off your optimus cover & cases-100_1791.jpg  
    Last edited by schufly73; 12-17-2010 at 06:31 AM.

ROM
    ColdROM v2.0

I have the same case as you TC, but I got a car charger with it free. Looks great and serves its purpose. I was mainly concerned about the camera area when I was caseless, because that area is embossed.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    I have the bodyglove case and absolutely love it. Great purchase IMHO. The grip is awesome and i have a couple of friends who have seen it and wished it was available for their phone.

FYI - Sprint customer service game me 25% off the case (without purchasing anything else) and gave me free overnight shipping. You might want to try your luck at tele-sales and see if they can hook you up.
    Which body glove did you all get? There is one with a belt clip, and there is one without the clip, (see pics). I can't decide which one to get. Helps for sharing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show off your optimus cover & cases-casewithclip.jpg   Show off your optimus cover & cases-casenobelt.jpg  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast