Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Headphones with remote that works for Android/Optimus S

Only second post...

I use my Optimus (with smoke TPU case...lol) all the time in my car. Its usually plugged into my car charger, aux input for music and running gps.

My only problem is that i have to touch the phone while im driving just to change the song. I want one of those inline remote controls that is proven to work on the optimus or all android phones.

Anyone have some experience with this? Link to purchase? Thanks

Have you tried the one from crapple? My gf gas a itouch and the clicker works in my cm7 optimus

sent from my ginger-optimus

Jabra BT620s Bluetooth head set

You can
    raise, lower volume
    skip ahead or back one track at a time
    answer/hang up
    make call
    .....all from the headset itself.

does voice calling. very clear. great microphone. I use one bike riding and never get wind noise complaints from the other party.

Only con is that where the plastic hits your temples by your ears is pretty tight. I wrapped mine in black foam and fixed it. Blends in, cant see it. Looks pro enough

Jabra BT620s - headset - Behind-the-neck, Binaural

I have some expensive Shure ear buds with the remote designed specifically for the iPhone... the remote buttons don't do anything. I haven't tried it on CM7 yet, though. I've been running it for quite some time, never thought to give it a shot.

Anyway... this might help... before I bought my Shure's, I did some research on this very subject myself and found that the 4-pin (left, right, mic, ground) headphone connectors don't really have much of a standard. They can be wired any way the manufacturer wants, which is why it's so hard to find something that works with this or that. I found that (at the time I looked into this, which was mid 2009 to early 2010) HTC wires them the same as Apple, but that might have only been on that 1 phone I saw or couple at the time. It really has been a while. I didn't really see if other phone companies have started standardizing this or not yet. (BTW - it may not be so much how they're wired as how the software interprets each connection)

The reason this matters is because the remotes work by sending pulses (like moore's code S.O.S. stuff) and that dictates what the phone should do. If the pulse goes to the wrong connections, nothing happens.

Also, wanted to note, these Shure headphones would let me play/pause/skip/answer calls on my Samsung Moment, but no volume control.

Once again, some of my info might have been mixed up over the couple years since I've looked into it or not even relevant anymore.

I have a pair of Skullcandy in-ear headphones with mic, that I also use with the ipod touch 4th gen. Pressing the button starts/stops music playback (when not on a call), and hangs up (when on a call). Double clicking forwards to next song. I'm not sure what else I can do with it, but hopefully it helps? (stock optimus s)

(the particular one I have is a Smoking Buds with mic, probably the 2009 model)

62 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Default Re: Headphones with remote that works for Android/Optimus S

Audeo Phonak PFE's are awesome and the controls work great.

Meelec's P series controls are slightly glitchy but are cheap and work effectively enough for working out.