Directly connect external antenna to phone?

jlee43

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to directly connect an external antenna to either an LG Optimus S or to an HTC Evo? I'm not findng any kind of port or jack on either phone. I have a signal booster system from Wilson Electronics that has an external antenna that goes on the roof, connected by coax cable to an internal amplifier/antenna that sits on my desk. My phone then needs to be within about 10 feet of the internal antenna, in order to exploit the boosted signal. But the Wilson literature mentions that for many cell phone models, they sell "external adapters" that "connect the cell phone or cellular data card directly to the [external] antenna". Their chart doesn't list either the Optimus or the Evo. I'm wondering if that's simply because neither phone has a port or jack that an antenna can be plugged into.

samijam

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I should have started a new thread, but it seems worth mentioning here that plugging in an external antenna on the optimus s disables the internal antenna.

This has happened to me and now I am stuck using the external antenna. Does anybody know of a way to re-enable the internal antenna?

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I should have started a new thread, but it seems worth mentioning here that plugging in an external antenna on the optimus s disables the internal antenna.

This has happened to me and now I am stuck using the external antenna. Does anybody know of a way to re-enable the internal antenna?

Where did you get the external antenna? Please post a link!

John OS

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
This seems to be a common problem.
I plugged an external antenna into the antenna socket on a Samsung Galaxy Mini. After doing so, the internal antenna no longer works. So I'm now stuck with using the external antenna from now on. Not what I expected. So, you've been warned! :(

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a common problem.
I plugged an external antenna into the antenna socket on a Samsung Galaxy Mini. After doing so, the internal antenna no longer works. So I'm now stuck with using the external antenna from now on. Not what I expected. So, you've been warned! :(

When you plug it in, it disconnects the internal attenna from the phone .

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith