Status
Not open for further replies.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]XioniaRedux 2.6.32.33-ck2 08222011 Release:

New in this version:
1) Several Con Kolivas patches (nearly the entire 2.6.32-ck2 patchset)

If you are running kernel build 07272011 or earlier, please update at your earliest convenience.[/INFO]
Does this include people using your rom, or will there be a separate update for that?

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Does this include people using your rom, or will there be a separate update for that?

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!

I flashed it anyway. It will almost definitely be included in Drew's next CM7 builds though.

Sent from my Drew Stable CM7/ XioniaRedux lg-ls670 using Tapatalk.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Kernel][CM7] XioniaRedux 2.6.32.33-ck2 08222011

Con Koliva said:
When reading from large files through the generic file read functions into
page cache we can detect when a file is so large that it is unlikely to be
fully cached in ram. If that happens we can put it on the tail end of the
inactive lru list so it can be the first thing evicted next time we need ram.

Do lots of funny buggers with underscores to preserve all the existing APIs.

-ck

DUDE! COOL! (along with everything else included in the patches!) :D

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

here's mine! i also use chainfire pro.

What is chainfire Pro?

That's quite a difference. Are you positive you didn't change anything else?
All I did was a nandroid before I flashed, Flashed, Deleted older nandroids and then ran tests! Trust me I was not expecting these results at all! This is a another test that I ran when i first switched to CM7 from reborn which was about a month ago.

Last edited:

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Its an app mainly to increase 3D performance. It helps the driver on the phone perform better. It says only for use with 1ghz + devices but I've used it for awhile with no problems. i even used it before i flashed a rom or a kernel on my device.there is a plugin that you have to install also from PowerVR http://www.mediafire.com/?9jlvzcd2kaiw9ti .It helps with gaming also.

sent from my Cyanogen Optimus

Last edited:
Reactions: basketthis

reltm

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Running XioniaRedux 2.6.32.33-ck2 08222011 on Reborn ROM 2.2.4

I know Reborn isn't the intended ROM for this kernel, but I installed the latest XioniaRedux 2.6.32.33-ck2 08222011 Release while running Reborn 2.2.4. Is anyone else having trouble with booting up the phone? Mine takes a long time and sometimes ends with a black screen.

Had to pull the battery on the first two reboots (stayed on LG screen for ~5m, then went to RebornROM splash for ~5m, then had a blank screen with backlight on for ~10m). I plugged the phone in and rebooted from recovery. This time the ROM loaded and everything was super snappy. But I still ran into the black screen after start up once or twice.

However, the last three restarts *seem* to have been fine (fingers crossed!), with total restart time at about 2:20. Everything is so much snappier I'm going to keep experimenting with it. Anyone else using this on Reborn?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I know Reborn isn't the intended ROM for this kernel, but I installed the latest XioniaRedux 2.6.32.33-ck2 08222011 Release while running Reborn 2.2.4. Is anyone else having trouble with booting up the phone? Mine takes a long time and sometimes ends with a black screen.

Had to pull the battery on the first two reboots (stayed on LG screen for ~5m, then went to RebornROM splash for ~5m, then had a blank screen with backlight on for ~10m). I plugged the phone in and rebooted from recovery. This time the ROM loaded and everything was super snappy. But I still ran into the black screen after start up once or twice.

However, the last three restarts *seem* to have been fine (fingers crossed!), with total restart time at about 2:20. Everything is so much snappier I'm going to keep experimenting with it. Anyone else using this on Reborn?

It says at the beginning of the thread that this kernel is intended for IHO based roms. It does take awhile to boot, but all xionia kernels I've used take awhile. Picasticks is the only kernel that I've used that boots quickly.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Its an app mainly to increase 3D performance. It helps the driver on the phone perform better. It says only for use with 1ghz + devices but I've used it for awhile with no problems. i even used it before i flashed a rom or a kernel on my device.there is a plugin that you have to install also from PowerVR http://www.mediafire.com/?9jlvzcd2kaiw9ti .It helps with gaming also.

Do you need the paid "pro" version to make use of the powerVR?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The paid version is only intented to install the beta EGL driver. The free version does everything you need, including use of the power vr plugin. There is also a qualcomm and a nvidia plugin also,but IMO power vr has the best performance.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

The paid version is only intented to install the beta EGL driver. The free version does everything you need, including use of the power vr plugin. There is also a qualcomm and a nvidia plugin also,but IMO power vr has the best performance.

I see! Thank you. I got it all set (just put the new kernel on too) and my score went up from 1006 to 1105. Someday my phone will handle 1300 hehe :p

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

iv been using that 3D app too an its good i just cant get a good set up for it can anyone help that knows what to do an how to use it better then i do that can help? thanks

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
iv been using that 3D app too an its good i just cant get a good set up for it can anyone help that knows what to do an how to use it better then i do that can help? thanks

I run 825/600mhz, power vr plugin, egl beta driver,xionia redux,and drew's cm7 ex-006

reltm

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

It says at the beginning of the thread that this kernel is intended for IHO based roms. It does take awhile to boot, but all xionia kernels I've used take awhile. Picasticks is the only kernel that I've used that boots quickly.

Yeah, you're right. I just figured I'd give it a shot in the spirit of experimenting. Didn't turn out so great so I'm back on picasticks which is really fine. Just couldn't resist the "latest and greatest"!

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you're right. I just figured I'd give it a shot in the spirit of experimenting. Didn't turn out so great so I'm back on picasticks which is really fine. Just couldn't resist the "latest and greatest"!

Picasticks isn't a bad kernel,I actually ran it on earlier versions of this rom before xionia redux was released. Its still better to run the appropriate kernel with each rom.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I run 825/600mhz, power vr plugin, egl beta driver,xionia redux,and drew's cm7 ex-006

do use the default an if so how t\do u set it up, or do u use a profile for everything u want to use it with an have default turned off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol