Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1468
Like Tree146Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by jcwxguy View Post
    [How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK

    (near the bottom on the op) *you can skip the rest of the op* -the direct links are in the op
    BTW I updated the link you provided to use V9 recovery. Previously I had updated to use VD recovery since VD was rootable using gingerbreak. Now I switched back to recommending V9 recovery so you can root VH.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    I whipped up some quick instructions to root ZVH:

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...tructions.html

    These are temporary instructions until someone comes up with some nice pretty *****-proof instructions.
    scrosler likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    scrosler's Avatar
    ROM Developer

    Posts
    1,564 Posts
    Carrier
    Many

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    I whipped up some quick instructions to root ZVH:

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...tructions.html

    These are temporary instructions until someone comes up with some nice pretty *****-proof instructions.
    Thanks for doing that! Now that I hosed my config I am going to follow those and see how they work out for me. I will let you know.
  4. #29  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
    Thanks for doing that! Now that I hosed my config I am going to follow those and see how they work out for me. I will let you know.
    I'll be around for another 1/2 hour or so and can assist if you run into issues. Just post on that thread and I'll respond, hopefully quickly.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    has anyone had any success with an OC kernel? xionia (both OG and redux) and picasticks give some pretty nasty lag and graphical issues (for me anyway)
  6. #31  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Ok got the recovery installed an now i am getting a signature abort? Not sure to do
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    scrosler's Avatar
    ROM Developer

    Posts
    1,564 Posts
    Carrier
    Many

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by strra View Post
    has anyone had any success with an OC kernel? xionia (both OG and redux) and picasticks give some pretty nasty lag and graphical issues (for me anyway)
    I have not. Its prolly because those kernels are for 2.2?
  8. #33  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by donbudafuko View Post
    Ok got the recovery installed an now i am getting a signature abort? Not sure to do
    If you are trying to flash ZVH, then you probably have the wrong update.zip

    If you have already flashed ZVH and are trying to root it, then that is an expected error.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
    I have not. Its prolly because those kernels are for 2.2?
    well, xionia is for CM7
    i understand the incompatibility risks, i just wanted to make clear that i tried them
  10. #35  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    If you are trying to flash ZVH, then you probably have the wrong update.zip

    If you have already flashed ZVH and are trying to root it, then that is an expected error.
    im trying to flash i did all the steps to get recovery an i downloaded the ee........update.zip renamed it to update.zip an wen i try to flash it it comes up that ill try to download from one of the other mirrors
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  
    scrosler's Avatar
    ROM Developer

    Posts
    1,564 Posts
    Carrier
    Many

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Ok, I updated post #2 as follows!

    Follow these directions to the T and you will have no issues flashing this ROM!


    [WARN]Prerequisites
    Must be at latest Sprint VH baseband and rooted. More Info here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...tructions.html
    Must have a custom recovery installed. More info Here: [Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)
    [/WARN]
  12. #37  
    mike9670's Avatar
    DROID Master

    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    800 Global Posts
    Carrier
    4.1.1

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Hopefully it won't be long before we have a ROM that you don't have to do the V9 backwards route to get to a custom ROM
  13. #38  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Wouldn't drews gingerkernal work for this an its oc enabled an it is built off the lg source if I remember right
  14. #39  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    Carrier
    HydroROM

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    GingerKernel WILL work with this ROM, and it's overclocked
    scrosler likes this.
  15. #40  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Using this rom and also with GingerKernel; it is working nicely so far. I can't get Wi-Fi hotspot to work although I'm sure that is normal and will be fixed soon enough. Glad to be on official gingerbread finally!

    Edit: Haha right after I said this my phone freezes at the browser with Wi-Fi enabled and reboots. Haven't overclocked it yet. Not sure whats up.
    Edit2: Frozen at Sprint now... :\ bah
  16. #41  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    GingerKernel WILL work with this ROM, and it's overclocked
    when i flashed that, i got a boot loop fluke?
  17. #42  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    Carrier
    HydroROM

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by deadset View Post
    Using this rom and also with GingerKernel; it is working nicely so far. I can't get Wi-Fi hotspot to work although I'm sure that is normal and will be fixed soon enough. Glad to be on official gingerbread finally!

    Edit: Haha right after I said this my phone freezes at the browser with Wi-Fi enabled and reboots. Haven't overclocked it yet. Not sure whats up.
    Edit2: Frozen at Sprint now... :\ bah
    I think I screwed up the default OC settings, I'm uploading a new kernel build at the moment.

    Edit: Released.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    I think I screwed up the default OC settings, I'm uploading a new kernel build at the moment.

    Edit: Released.
    Yeah I actually had it reboot when it was just sitting on my desk and not in use. Updated to v03... seems like the rebooting has stopped now. Is Wi-Fi hotspot something that will require the kernel to be updated/changed?
  19. #44  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Thanks for this ROM! I just went from Nick's Shell ROM to this (after updating to gingerbread and rooting, of course). It seems to work great. I'll report any issues I have.

    I don't know if you are going to continue developing and adding features to this, or if you were just putting this out there as a de-Sprinted stock ROM for those who didn't want the bloat. As I said, I came from Shell ROM so clearly I don't do the "bells and whistles" that others like. The only suggestions or requests I'd have would be a) get rid of the bootup sound, and b) give an option to only have the lock key be able to unlock the phone to reduce the chance of butt dialing. I tried to flash a keyboard layout .zip from Reborn that got rid of the home button wake-up, but that doesn't seem to work on this ROM.

    Anyway, thanks a ton!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  
    scrosler's Avatar
    ROM Developer

    Posts
    1,564 Posts
    Carrier
    Many

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    GingerKernel WILL work with this ROM, and it's overclocked
    Thats good stuff!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    I think I screwed up the default OC settings, I'm uploading a new kernel build at the moment.

    Edit: Released.
    Drew, I dont see any updates. Last update was 9/8? What am I missing?

    Quote Originally Posted by deadset View Post
    Yeah I actually had it reboot when it was just sitting on my desk and not in use. Updated to v03... seems like the rebooting has stopped now. Is Wi-Fi hotspot something that will require the kernel to be updated/changed?
    Hot spot needs to be reworked. It wont be going until I can figure out the hacks that need to be rebuilt on the framework.

    Quote Originally Posted by ccrs8 View Post
    Thanks for this ROM! I just went from Nick's Shell ROM to this (after updating to gingerbread and rooting, of course). It seems to work great. I'll report any issues I have.

    I don't know if you are going to continue developing and adding features to this, or if you were just putting this out there as a de-Sprinted stock ROM for those who didn't want the bloat. As I said, I came from Shell ROM so clearly I don't do the "bells and whistles" that others like. The only suggestions or requests I'd have would be a) get rid of the bootup sound, and b) give an option to only have the lock key be able to unlock the phone to reduce the chance of butt dialing. I tried to flash a keyboard layout .zip from Reborn that got rid of the home button wake-up, but that doesn't seem to work on this ROM.

    Anyway, thanks a ton!
    0. I plan on contributing. This is my third ROM series for the Optimus S and I have two ROM series for the Evo 3D (Not sure where that came from?).

    1. Good request!

    2. I dont understand what you mean about unlock key? Can you link me to an example?

    3. I cant say that I am shocked to hear that mods built for Froyo dont work in Gingerbread. lol

    -Scott
  21. #46  
    kingdavidbaker's Avatar

    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Shell 2.1

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    I think he means he doesn't want the phone to unlock unless you hit the power button. When stock many buttons will wake the screen....which I prefer lol....but apparently some people have issues butt dialing even with a lock screen. And just so everyone is aware you can change the keyboard settings yourself by editing your thunder.kl file. There are instructions in a thread somewhere lol.

    Edit: I haven't flashed the ZVH update or gROM so I'm assuming the keyboard file is still "thunder.kl"
    scrosler and ccrs8 like this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  
    scrosler's Avatar
    ROM Developer

    Posts
    1,564 Posts
    Carrier
    Many

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdavidbaker View Post
    I think he means he doesn't want the phone to unlock unless you hit the power button. When stock many buttons will wake the screen....which I prefer lol....but apparently some people have issues butt dialing even with a lock screen.

    Edit: I haven't flashed the ZVH update or gROM so I'm assuming the keyboard file is still "thunder.kl"
    Ohhhhh.... Ok. Yeah, I got you now. Makes sense. On my 3D it doesnt do that and I never have butt dial issues anyways, lol. But I will look into that.

    Keyboard: I believe so as well. I cant say for sure because I am away from the ability to check...
  23. #48  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    I just flashed this morning and looking good. I do have one issue though. If I plug the phone in via USB to a machine that has the LG drivers, it will charge and ask for USB Mass storage everytime. If I plug into a machine without the drivers, I have to enable/disable USB debug to charge and I never get prompted for USB Mass storage.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  
    scrosler's Avatar
    ROM Developer

    Posts
    1,564 Posts
    Carrier
    Many

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by jbyers715 View Post
    I just flashed this morning and looking good. I do have one issue though. If I plug the phone in via USB to a machine that has the LG drivers, it will charge and ask for USB Mass storage everytime. If I plug into a machine without the drivers, I have to enable/disable USB debug to charge and I never get prompted for USB Mass storage.
    Ok... Thats strange. I cant say that I am having the same results but I will try to replicate and let you know what I find.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdavidbaker View Post
    I think he means he doesn't want the phone to unlock unless you hit the power button. When stock many buttons will wake the screen....which I prefer lol....but apparently some people have issues butt dialing even with a lock screen. And just so everyone is aware you can change the keyboard settings yourself by editing your thunder.kl file. There are instructions in a thread somewhere lol.

    Edit: I haven't flashed the ZVH update or gROM so I'm assuming the keyboard file is still "thunder.kl"
    Thanks. That is still the file. The thread about it is here:
    [MOD] Remap your hardware keys

    I followed the instructions in that thread and set the four physical buttons below the screen to NONE from their original setting of WAKE_DROPPED and rebooted, and now everything is good. Of course that will probably get overwritten next time I flash, so next I need to learn how to create a flashable .zip to make those changes easier.
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions