ARCHIVED: [ROM] - gROM 2.2 - 10/16 - GB - With Flash - Yes, FLASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Just an update for my push notification problems. Tried out K9 Mail again. I receive push notifications intermittently, but it's not instantaneous like it was on Froyo with stock GMail. I think I've set up K9 to only use IMAP IDLE, but it chews up my battery like crazy, so I can't help but think that it's doing more than just listening for push notifications (POLLing?). In other words, I don't know that it's the best measure for how functional push is.

I also tried the official Twitter app. I've never used it before, but I'm assuming it's supposed to send you a notification whenever a feed is updated; if I'm wrong, my apologies. Anyways, I don't receive any push notifications. The only time the feeds appear to be updated is when I open the app and tap the feed column.

Are there any other apps that I can try to see if push is working?

Ill see about testing my push issues again tonight.

If you have hotmail, you could install the hotmail app. This one drains battery too though.

More push email testing.
Using gmail.
Last night I restored a nandroid backup of when I upgraded to zvh and rooted. Did a clean install of grom 2.2; clean cache and phone reset (or whatever is called on the xionia menu).

This morning I sent myself an email, 20 mins later nothing.
I received emails while driving to work while I was using Pandora though.

Tonight I gave it more tests. 1 hr idle time then use laptop to send email to myself (hotmail to gmail,yahoo to gmail, work to gmail). 20 mins in between emails. They all seemed to work good.

Tomorrow ill send myself more in the morning. If it works good, its time to make another nandroid backup.

Tested flash. Works awesome! Too bad Sprint is not :(

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Im having the same market problems and can't seem to fix it either. But its worth it for this rom.

Whats the market issue again? I know that most all market issues are fixed by clearing market data, rebooting then clearing cache and dalvik. Market is as market does.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
downloading now will let u know how it goes

Great, I think its working but not really sure. I never set it up. I just set up the kernel and scripts. LMK if not I had two options at one point. I chose option 1. If that doesnt work I will recoimpile and choose option 2. lol

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Great, I think its working but not really sure. I never set it up. I just set up the kernel and scripts. LMK if not I had two options at one point. I chose option 1. If that doesnt work I will recoimpile and choose option 2. lol

Ok will do. its downloading still its at 55% data speed is really slow 2night

antipunk

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am still having issues with the market. It loads but whenever i go to dl anything from it I get an error. I have wiped cache, dalvik, app data, and I cannot get anything to dl from the market. All it says is "there was an error" Anyone else having a similar issues or anyone know what I should try to get this working?

Edit: Market is working I did a clean flash after wiping/reset 3 times lol, wanted to make sure it was clean :) Great ROM so far, awesome work

same here exept mine stays on the loading screen indefinitely after clicking update and my apps never update. it also times out a lot. tried all the wiping stuff with no luck.

jack52482

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Whats the market issue again? I know that most all market issues are fixed by clearing market data, rebooting then clearing cache and dalvik. Market is as market does.
The issue is that it says the app cannot be dl due to insuffcient space on device, even tjoigh there is plenty. And wiping everything doesn't work. For example angry birds season wouldnt work.on android.market but I had no issues getting it to dl from amazon marrket

jack52482

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure if a2sd is working correctly or not it seemed to be working but my internal storage still when down allot. Besides that the rom is running great exactly as it did without a2sd

bodyshop#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
@ Scott or anyone that can help me. i had a stock unrooted zvh Optimus s. I downgraded to zvd then rooted. Now it says Im supposed to upgrade back to Zvh which will make me lose root. Then I have to re-root my phone again in order to flash this ROM? Is there something I missed or is that a wasted step downgrading and then upgrading again back to ZVH?

Or is the downgrade necessary to obtain S-off. then upgrading back to ZVH?

It Doesnt seem like the ZVH update zip is a rooted version thats why im a lil confused as to way this was necessary.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
@ Scott or anyone that can help me. i had a stock unrooted zvh Optimus s. I downgraded to zvd then rooted. Now it says Im supposed to upgrade back to Zvh which will make me lose root. Then I have to re-root my phone again in order to flash this ROM? Is there something I missed or is that a wasted step downgrading and then upgrading again back to ZVH?

Or is the downgrade necessary to obtain S-off. then upgrading back to ZVH?

It Doesnt seem like the ZVH update zip is a rooted version thats why im a lil confused as to way this was necessary.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-how-rooting-ls670zvh-links-root-zvd-zv9.html

In the rooting zvh thread (sticky at the top of rooting roms hacks page), it steps you thru every stage. Just follow line by line, step by step and you will be okay. It even walks you thru installing a custom recovery (which you need to do to flash any rom).

bodyshop#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
In the rooting zvh thread (sticky at the top of rooting roms hacks page), it steps you thru every stage. Just follow line by line, step by step and you will be okay. It even walks you thru installing a custom recovery (which you need to do to flash any rom).

I know that part. I actually already did part of it. That was my question. Why does it state to downgrade to ZVD then root, then upgrade back to ZVH then root again? Why no just root ZVH 1st?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, no clue. I know when you reverted before, to root with the rageagainstthecage within stock v9 recovery. But the rooting guide has been updated since I followed its methods. Maybe someone else can explain better.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I know that part. I actually already did part of it. That was my question. Why does it state to downgrade to ZVD then root, then upgrade back to ZVH then root again? Why no just root ZVH 1st?
Because there is no way to root ZVH. All your rooting questions can be answered in that thread.

-Scott

EDIT: And there is no S-OFF on LG Devices. Thats HTC and possibly others but LG doesn't play lame games like that.

bodyshop#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Because there is no way to root ZVH. All your rooting questions can be answered in that thread.

-Scott

EDIT: And there is no S-OFF on LG Devices. Thats HTC and possibly others but LG doesn't play lame games like that.

Ok Thanks. So I guess the ZVH update.zip is rootable. Sorry for the questions in the wrong thread. But you can understand why i asked. it was like saying go to broad street make 4 rights then make a left. Thought i was going in circles. But obviously there is a reason for the madness. Flashing the a2sd beta today.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok Thanks. So I guess the ZVH update.zip is rootable. Sorry for the questions in the wrong thread. But you can understand why i asked. it was like saying go to broad street make 4 rights then make a left. Thought i was going in circles. But obviously there is a reason for the madness. Flashing the a2sd beta today.
Confusing... Ummm.. Yeah. No doubt. IMHO Most ridiculous steps ever needed to be taken to attain root. But it could have been worse, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy