ARCHIVED: [RoM] YOUR-MOM-ROM v.1.1 - Updated 11/27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So there's no longer a way to edit the widgets.txt to add/remove the icons? Is this just due to the "skinning" of the buttons now? If that's the case, I think that I and quite a few others might instead appreciate the option to instead modify that as we'd like (not to seem ungrateful or anything), as in Reborn. If not, is it possible to (through donation) request a specific layout? I'd really love to get a "Wireless|Bluetooth|Brightness|Rotation" version if at all possible. The five icons I've always found a bit too small on the Optimus to easily hit when doing it quickly (very easy to hit the one beside it). Plus, I tend to just use the "Silent Mode" option that's on the menu that pops up when you long-press the power button, so that sorta negates the need to waste a spot in the dropdown for "Silent/Vibrate".

I'm sure many others have totally different usage patters though.

Please do let me know if a custom flashable zip to change it might be possible though... I'd be more than willing to pay for the modification.

Thanks.

It's not nearly that simple. The notification power widget in Your Mom is NOT the same mod as in Reborn. The mod in Reborn simply does not apply to Gingerbread as far as we know. Trust me, we're trying everything we can.

Reactions: Titus37

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
So far so good. Data2ext-v4 modified working just fine. Getting ready to install my buckets of apps lol

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jasthomas

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RoM] YOUR-MOM-ROM - with POWER CONTROLS ! ! !

im runnning my phone with max clock at 768
min clocking at 245 (original set)
Governor- InteractiveX
I/O scheduler -Deadline

SO FAR NOT A SINGLE REBOOT! :DD im loving it!! lmfao with grom and opti i had to keep it at 748 or below or else id have random reboots during important situations! :/

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

im runnning my phone with max clock at 768
min clocking at 245 (original set)
Governor- InteractiveX
I/O scheduler -Deadline

SO FAR NOT A SINGLE REBOOT! :DD im loving it!! lmfao with grom and opti i had to keep it at 748 or below or else id have random reboots during important situations! :/

Awesome, that's what we want to hear. And no screen garble issues?

jasthomas

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Awesome, that's what we want to hear. And no screen garble issues?

not a single one!! if theres anything you want me to test im all yours!! :D im in love with this rom as of like not even a full day of use! its soo fast and zippy i have yet to run into a slow down point and i run so many apps at once its not even funny... and before on any other rom my phone would end up running so slow that it was forced to reboot... and not im running the same things + some!! :DD

noc6285

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

First off, Your Mom is awesome and I also like this rom. I am running at 787 with a QS score of 1100 with no glitches or reboots so far. I tried 806 but crashed playing Angry Birds. I believe I have had a stable 806oc before but cant remember the kernel. Rom is very clean and very fast, I love it. I have not come across any issues at all so far.
Questions:
1. I have used MemFreeManager since my first custom rom on this phone. In this rom the values are already modified, and they are set beyond the "aggressive" setting in the app. I have not changed anything just would like to know if changing the mem setting with an app is no longer a thing to be concerned about.

2. If I use the QuickBoot app to reboot, I always get an "unclean shutdown" with nofrills. Is there a way to incorporate a clean shutdown via the long power button press? I believe this was possible with the RebornRom.

Thanks for this Rom it is fantastic and I look forward to updates!

Edit:
Question 3. I bring my phone to work and sometimes the occasional need arises where I want to use my phone for usb storage. The computers at work have the admin accounts locked out and I have a limited. I cannot install drivers for this phone. Now I know I have been able to do this before, but I have not since upgrading to ZVH and gRom and YourMom. Is this an issue with GB? Is this something that can be fixed or is there a workaround?

Last edited:

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Ok, think I found another random issue. My notifications aren't always clearing after clicking on them...ie receive a text message, click the icon in top bar to open, the icon randomly won't clear unless I press the actual clear button.

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

1 more thing..i installed the apk for flash player and doesn't work in browser..idk if he did something to it with the player built in with grom

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

1 more thing..i installed the apk for flash player and doesn't work in browser..idk if he did something to it with the player built in with grom

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
First off, Your Mom is awesome and I also like this rom. I am running at 787 with a QS score of 1100 with no glitches or reboots so far. I tried 806 but crashed playing Angry Birds. I believe I have had a stable 806oc before but cant remember the kernel. Rom is very clean and very fast, I love it. I have not come across any issues at all so far.
Questions:
1. I have used MemFreeManager since my first custom rom on this phone. In this rom the values are already modified, and they are set beyond the "aggressive" setting in the app. I have not changed anything just would like to know if changing the mem setting with an app is no longer a thing to be concerned about.

2. If I use the QuickBoot app to reboot, I always get an "unclean shutdown" with nofrills. Is there a way to incorporate a clean shutdown via the long power button press? I believe this was possible with the RebornRom.

Thanks for this Rom it is fantastic and I look forward to updates!

Edit:
Question 3. I bring my phone to work and sometimes the occasional need arises where I want to use my phone for usb storage. The computers at work have the admin accounts locked out and I have a limited. I cannot install drivers for this phone. Now I know I have been able to do this before, but I have not since upgrading to ZVH and gRom and YourMom. Is this an issue with GB? Is this something that can be fixed or is there a workaround?

1. MemFreeManager is no longer needed.

2. The reboot mod is being worked on, but it's not easy.

3. You need proper drivers for USB Storage to work. Period.

Reactions: jstntp

DarkRival

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the ROM. :)

I still have some screen sensitivity issues. I experienced them with gROM and optiROM also so I don't know if its the way i'm using the phone. Alot of times when I'm reading an article and I swipe to scroll down. Instead of scrolling down the text zooms in and out. I don't know if thats part of the same double tap screen issue. I've tried using different browsers.. Ninesky, xscope and stock and noticed it with all of them. It doesn't happen all the time though.

Also when the wifi is connected, it only shows a dot on top right in status bar. It doesnt show any bars for signal strength.

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

10.2 working for me.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

didn't think about it.. tryed 11.0...just installed10.2, thank you aptoid, still isn't working.. i have skyfire browser so i can still run videos.. but i'v noticed that it doesn't run all videos that used flash, so iwould just usethe normal player...

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Also when the wifi is connected, it only shows a dot on top right in status bar. It doesnt show any bars for signal strength.

that means your not contectedto the network.. everytime u flash a new rom you need to either restore your settings or redo all your passwords and perfered networks..

DarkRival

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

that means your not contectedto the network.. everytime u flash a new rom you need to either restore your settings or redo all your passwords and perfered networks..

restart fixed it for me. I was connected and surfing but no bars were showing up before.

noc6285

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

1. MemFreeManager is no longer needed.

2. The reboot mod is being worked on, but it's not easy.

3. You need proper drivers for USB Storage to work. Period.

Thanks for the brief explanations, but I have additional information on question 3.

The computer is asking me for drivers for the phone...now with usb debugging disabled, the phone should ask you if you want to enable usb storage mode. The phone does not do this. The computer can recognized a simple flash drive and this is what usb storage mode does. As I said, I have used this mode on this particular computer before without an issue. So naturally I feel that this is some issue with the Rom or Gingerbread update. This is not the only rom I have noticed this. When I was running gRom it was the same. When I was running Reborn on ZVD it worked as I stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty