[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th8.1 (Froyo-friendly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Team Hydro presents....

CWMT Recovery v5.0.2.7 for LG Optimus S

[WARN]This thread is still around for historical reasons (and nostalgia). The most up-to-date version of CWMT Recovery is Cannibal Open Touch. Please find Cannibal Open Touch in the forum for your specific device![/WARN]
Special Info
1) CWMT Recovery can now flash both Edify-based and Amend-based flashable ZIPs. What does this mean for you? It means you can now flash literally anything (as long as what you're flashing is for the Optimus S)! 2) Radio.img flashing has been disabled (read: should be disabled). This hasn't been thoroughly tested, but all of you should know by now to NEVER flash OTA updates with a custom recovery. 3) I have removed the "wipe battery stats" menu item from the Advanced menu and will not be re-enabling it no matter how much people complain. According to Dianne Hackborn, wiping the battery stats does absolutely nothing to your battery life. 4) Starting with TH5, CWM Recovery (now CWMT Recovery now has touch controls! In order: Back, Down, Up, Select. The physical buttons still work as expected if you don't want to use the touch controls.

Flashing Instructions
1) Make sure USB Debugging is ON and that you have ADB access 2) Download the CWMT Recovery v5.0.2.7-th8.1 image 3) Place the recovery image on your SD Card. 4) Fire up an ADB shell 5) Make sure you are in a root shell. If you are not, execute the "su" command now. 6) Execute "flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img" (replace /path/to/recovery.img with the ACTUAL path to the recovery image) 7) Reboot to recovery mode 8) PROFIT!

Screenshots
CWMRecovery_main.png
CWMRecovery_installzip.png
CWMRecovery_nandroid.png
CWMRecovery_mounts.png
CWMRecovery_advanced.png

Download CWMT Recovery v5.0.2.7-th8.1
[WARN]Warning: Due to major core changes in the Nandroid software, any Nandroid backup made with CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th7 will not be able to be restored with 5.0.2.7-th8 or above. Please make a fresh backup immediately after flashing 5.0.2.7-th8 or above. Xionia backups should be unaffected.[/WARN] By clicking "I Agree" below you agree that you are flashing this recovery image at your own risk. Neither myself, Team Hydro, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this recovery image. You also agree that this recovery image is to be flashed ONLY on the LG Optimus S, and not any of the other LG Optimus variants. I Agree

Known Issues
1) Touch control surfaces extend upwards to the top of the screen. This is intended behavior, it's called being fat-finger friendly :p

Changelog
v5.0.2.7-th8.1: Build.prop fixes (changed thunderc_LS670 to thunderc to allow installation of Cold as Ice (and possibly other CM-based ROMS). v5.0.2.7-th8: Amend-based flashable ZIPs are now supported. Nandroid now no longer supports tar backups or restores (they were causing strange issues), and nandroid itself has been rolled back to the same version of nandroid that is found in Xionia CWMA. v5.0.2.7-th7: Text overlapping the touch controls no longer happens, thanks to sblood86's awesome investigative skillz. Also, the corrupted nandroid backup issue should be resolved as we are now forcing TAR backups for partitions. v5.0.2.7-th6: UI update, thanks sblood86 v5.0.2.7-th5: Skipped th4, first pass at touch controls! v5.0.2.7-th3: Removed "wipe battery stats" option from advanced menu v5.0.2.7-th2: Added "wipe system/data/cache" option to main menu v5.0.2.7-th1: Initial release

Special Thanks
Koush The CyanogenMod Team All of Team Hydro Cory Streater Jerry Hildenbrand AndroidCentral Dooderbutt Okotte Nakama Team Utter Chaos sblood86

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7-th1

How does this differ from Zefie's CWM recovery?

Flash it and find out for yourself. There's not a lot of difference, but it's newer and based on the very latest Gingerbread ClockworkMod source.

Oh and it's basically official ClockworkMod (though unofficial since it's a port and NOT supported by Koush).

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

would previous backups with xionia recovery still wiil work if I restore with this new cwm recovery?

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

soooo... any other ways of doing this besides adb? :3 as i could never figure out how to get that rolling and i relied on that auto zvh tool at the top

any possibility of a similar tool?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo............ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........! :eek:

Great work guys! Once again...

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

as stated in OP, open adb shell, and get superuser permissions (type su if showing $ then should show # now
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMRecovery_5.0.2.7-th3_thunderc.img

(if placed on root of sd card), do not type in the #

Last edited:

Xmb941

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

as stated in OP, open adb shell, and get superuser permissions (type su if showing $ then should show # now
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMRecovery_5.0.2.7-th1_thunderc.img

(if placed on root of sd card), do not type in the #

Thank You

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Joeykrims flash image GUI says that its compatable with the optimus s, do you think its safe to flash this recovery with it?

Edit...actually, nvm, I have an extra optimus s. I'll try it and report back with results.

Edti2... no dice. It won't let me flash, it says I need the word recovery in the file name and that word is obviously there, I even tried renaming it to recovery.img but still no go...guess I'll do it the old fashioned way.
Btw.. thanks for this drew and team :)

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Joeykrims flash image GUI says that its compatable with the optimus s, do you think its safe to flash this recovery with it?

Edit...actually, nvm, I have an extra optimus s. I'll try it and report back with results.

Edti2... no dice. It won't let me flash, it says I need the word recovery in the file name and that word is obviously there, I even tried renaming it to recovery.img but still no go...guess I'll do it the old fashioned way.
Btw.. thanks for this drew and team :)
If you put recovery.img in the copy2sd\000root directory of this package it will flash it for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...tall-stock-custom-recovery-100-automated.html

Reactions: javascriptvoid

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
So I tried it through adb shell and I get the error "flash_image: command not found", I don't know why. So I tried the flash image GUI again with a "r" instead of "R" and it flashed fine. Booted into CWM.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Flashed perfect using directions in the OP and appears to be working just like it should. Nice work as always Drew.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7-th2

CWM Recovery v5.0.2.7-th2 released:

New Stuff:

In TH2 I added a "wipe system/data/cache" option. This is now the replacement for the DebugFormat_SYSTEM.zip that you previously had to flash before flashing another Gingerbread ROM.

Hit up the first post for the download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781