ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] nROM v1.6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckja11

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
VD, software version is read from build.prop so it can be set to whatever. You are good to go.

If that's the case, then how did my phone change to VC? I've always been V9 to the best of my knowledge. I have never touched the LG updater tool and haven't accepted any system updates. My software version still says V9..

pintopunk

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah the wiimote allows you to use the wii remote to play emulator games and makes it awesome since our phone isnt exactly multitouch if i am holding down the arrow and try pushing a or something to punch or kick it wont register on the screen but using the wiimote i can just use the controller and play all the games not just turn based games. I would stick with cm7 but as a daily rom i need bluetooth to talk while i drive all day long and nrom to me is the best. Thanks for looking into it man

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If that's the case, then how did my phone change to VC? I've always been V9 to the best of my knowledge. I have never touched the LG updater tool and haven't accepted any system updates. My software version still says V9..

Actually I think you might be right, I may have flip flopped them. The SW version is your actual software version.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah the wiimote allows you to use the wii remote to play emulator games and makes it awesome since our phone isnt exactly multitouch if i am holding down the arrow and try pushing a or something to punch or kick it wont register on the screen but using the wiimote i can just use the controller and play all the games not just turn based games. I would stick with cm7 but as a daily rom i need bluetooth to talk while i drive all day long and nrom to me is the best. Thanks for looking into it man

check this out

linkfieldt

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
What is LCD Density? Sounds like DPI to me. I bought my phone in the beginning of january. Oh, btw: SW version is what you should look for to determine if your phone is VD, VC, V9 etc.

Reactions: Nick7

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
1.6 is up.....kicka$$! How do I know which LCD density to choose? Is that only VD based or is it date of manufacture based? If it's manufacture based how do I find that date?

linkfieldt

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed the high density ROM, and it answered a few questions. Great Job nick! the smaller text and icons make the screen look a lot roomier while retaining readability.

I just have one point of constructive criticism: On your site it says "You must be on sw version VD to run this ROM." next to the high density version ROM on the downloads page. This was confusing for me, I thought it implied that the other version of the ROM was compatible with other versions. You may also want to specify your use of the term LCD density. Maybe: "This version has smaller text and icons, fitting more on the screen at once" and "This version has larger text and icons, the same as the stock rom". Just my two cents.

/rant.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Nice job Nick. So far so good. The only thing I ran into is after flashing the Stock-Email.zip, I got stuck on the nROM boot screen. (I let it sit for a good solid 10 minutes) Pulled battery and rebooted, and it was fine. Not blaming the rom though, not sure what happened. Gonna run your ROM for a few days. I like to jump around and try different peoples work.

Thanks again.

Also, thought I'd change the dropdown notification bar in your favor. :) I prefer the word "Sprint" not to be anywhere on my phone. LOL

snap20110323_225443.png

Last edited:

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net
600 is pretty good. I wouldn't worry too much about benchmark scores.

Agreed, when I was on 1.4, I was able to get quadrants well above 1000, now I can't do that and the phone feels the same to me. It must have been the stagefright hack and they changed that in quadrant, who knows.

lionedas

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Nick

Great rom as usual!

Any way of getting the larger dialer keys for the high dence rom
i have big fingers, and its making me dial all sorts of new people...

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, when I was on 1.4, I was able to get quadrants well above 1000, now I can't do that and the phone feels the same to me. It must have been the stagefright hack and they changed that in quadrant, who knows.

I think they fixed whatever glitches there were in earlier versions of Quadrant.

I found Quadrant 1.1.1 using google search

Loaded it up

Ran it - I got a Quadrant score of 7611

Running nRom 1.6

Insane and unrealistic score - the current versions of Quadrant are pretty accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.