ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] LEGO-ROM-v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
EDIT:
I gather from the screenshots that the default Sprint SW is still included in the ROM? If it is included, is it easy to remove with Titanium or some other app remover?
Those are references for you to see what color your launcher menu will be. Sprint ID has been removed completely, sprint zone has been made so you can uninstall if you want.

We will have a zip up soon in the misc post for those that want to use sprint ID.

itony

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
You can use it but reboot mod won't work. It will just hot boot your phone if you try using it. Anyways gonna put up TR theme then PASSING OUT. Be around tomorrow.

oh nick you should've seen this coming...reboot mod? hot boot?:-[

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Excellent idea and collaboration. And as you guys said, the community didn't wait long for this development. Wondering though what is going to happen to the individual ThunderROM and NROMs. Will they continue to be supported/developed or are these replacing them completely? Only possible downside I see is "friendly" competition generally never hurts in terms of innovation.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Excellent idea and collaboration. And as you guys said, the community didn't wait long for this development. Wondering though what is going to happen to the individual ThunderROM and Nick ROMs. Will they continue to be supported/developed or are these replacing them completely? Only possible downside I see is "friendly" competition never hurts in terms of trying out new and different ideas and approaches.

None of us plan on not supporting or developing our independent ROMs. Some people just want a quick flash and want to move on, nRom and ThundeROM fill that need.

This project is a way for us to all collaborate, incorporate the best of both worlds, and offer you (the users) all the options you can eat. This is for those people that want to control everything about their phone, but don't have the knowledge or time to do the development on their own.

Reactions: larrystorch

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
To prove how easy it is to install this: when I left home to get doughnuts, I was on ThundeROM. By the time I got back, I had LegoROM up and running fully :D

Did eat 12% of my battery, but considering I was doing a ton of backups, then a ton of flashing, then a ton of restoring... think that's decent :p

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmm got me thinking of throwing out a lego boot animation to add.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

That would be awesome. Would be a nice addition to the stock ROM for post #1. We're thinking of including some boot animation choices but we'd love to check out a LEGO one if you got it.

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
None of us plan on not supporting or developing our independent ROMs. Some people just want a quick flash and want to move on, nRom and ThundeROM fill that need.

I'm glad to hear this. Lego is a great idea and really does offer the best of everything so the user can customize by putting all the pieces together that they want. I ultimately went back to ThundeRom for the extra ~30mb of precious data space but would love to see the reboot mod and the Hidden Menu app added to ThundeRom at some point in the future.

Once again, great job on this and it's a testament to the great developers that you can collaborate and provide the community with an awesome Rom without egos getting in the way as they often do in other forums.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Looked to me like the space mod was included, though a lot of my apps needed to be moved to the SD card after I restored. Don't remember what I had when I had ThundeROM installed, but it was around 90 or so mb free, and that's what I have right now on LegoROM :p

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
LEGO should offer 162mb free space on boot. Did it not?

Yes! That sounds about right. Maybe I just needed to move more apps to SD when I restored from TB because I noticed that after I restored all my apps there was about ~30 mb difference.

I'll probably flash Lego again after the OC kernels are up. What else do I have to do today? LOL. Lazy Sunday with no football on TV.

jtcady

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Agh I just redid my phone lol... I'll just wait a few until the kernels are up and I read some reviews even though i know it will be good. Nice job :)

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
first i wanted to say, i've had both nrom and thundeROM before and thought they are pretty great. So i when i found these i was thrilled cause...best of both worlds.

This is the first time i've had any problems with any of the roms. I down loaded lego, jit and hardware build prop and 2point2 theme. booted into recovery and did all the clears and flashed everything at once. when i rebooted it eventually froze at the android splash. I've tried down loading everything again and re accomplishing the whole process, then i got the xionia kernal and repeated the process no help. Any ideas for what i can do to fix this?

right now i'm back to running thunderom 1.6.2 with no problems.

any help would be appreciated as i can understand ya'll are probably pretty busy getting this new rom thread up and running

Edit: tried a different theme with the same results.

Last edited:

bullman2410

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Can't thank the three of you (and all other contributors) enough for all of your hard work and effort for the Optimus S community. As an individual with no development background its nice to have individuals such as yourselves giving us the opportunity to take advantage of Android's customization. Thanks again for your hard work it is really appreciated.

Flashing as we speak!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae