[DEAD ROM] LEGO-ROM-v2Welcome to LEGO ROM!!!
Please read all of post 1-6 before flashing....
Nick7, KSmithInNY, and myself will no longer be supporting or updating LEGO ROM. While it was a hard decision to part with the "brand", we feel we are doing it for the right reasons. You can continue to download and use LEGO ROM with the understanding that the code will not be updated.
With that said, the reason we have decided to leave LEGO ROM is because a new project has formed involving Beezy, KSmithInNY, and Nick7. This new project has taken the best of LEGO ROM, the best of nROM, and the best of ThundeROM and put them together. We feel it does more justice for the community to have all 3 of us developers working on a common ROM with a common goal as opposed to us constantly battling and essentially chasing our tails. Since forming this team, we have already accomplished some things all of us wanted to do, but were having issues with the execution. This also helps us 3 maintain a better android/real life balance.
If you'd like to continue using LEGO ROM you're more than welcome to. But, if you'd like to try something different, I'd encourage you to see our new work.
Beezy, KSmithInNY, Nick7[/note]
This is a combined effort of Nick7,Ksmith,and me. We came together to bring another great rom option to you. This rom has all the tweaks and extra's that you get from ThundeRom and nRom combined to give the best performance possible while still making it super easy for all to make the rom of your liking. Remember read all the post 1-7,it might be a lot of reading but all the info needed is contained in these posts.
-How to Flash LEGO Rom-
Post #6 has a very detailed description of the process for those who may need it.
- DOWNLOAD LEGO-ROM-v2
-place it on sdcard
-Boot into recovery
-nadroid backup(if you want)
-Wipe everything (data/factory reset,dalvik,and cache) If CWM recovery(data/factory reset and cache partition)
-selcet flash zip from sdcard
-Flash LEGO rom.zip, fully boot into the rom before flashing any theme or kernel.
-Make sure you read all posts.
*-Big Thanks To-*
If you make a theme and want to add it go for it,the more to choose the better!!!Code:
LEGO-ROM-v2 Built from Sprint VC release - THIS REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE THE VC BASEBAND Added boot animation Updated gapps LEGO-ROM-v1 Deodexed Zipaligned Zipalign on boot PNG optimized Superuser Busybox Minimum Memory adjusted for performance/battery VM adjusted for battery Boot sound muted Easter Egg ringtone added Sprintzone moved to data/app for removal Sprint ID deleted Protips deleted LGSetupWizard deleted Uses AOSP setup wizard Email has EAS bypass AppWidgetPicker included VVM is updated Gmail is updated Vending is updated Voicesearch is updated Maps is updated Custom notifications for - Gmail, Email, Gtalk, Market updates, SMS/MMS, Calendar events, voicemail Launcher is gingerbread launcher themed in froyoIf you'd like to support mine and KSmithInNY's sick habbit, you can do so by clicking below.[email@example.com]0.00[/donate]Please note, Nick's signature contains a donate link if you'd like to feed him .To disbale ota updates from bugging you go here. http://forum.androidcentral.com/596738-post421.html
- 01-28-2011, 09:13 PM #2ThemesIn this post, you will be able to pick up the theme of your liking. Skip this post if you prefer the stock theme.
*If you would like to revert to the stock theme flash this zip in recovery.*
Green text is the name of the theme. Blue text is the download link.__________________________________________________
Themes ported by Nick7
ThundeROM theme by KSmithInNY and Beezy from Android Central.
Download ThundeROM theme
Steel My Elegance by gomorrah from XDA Developers.
Download Steel My Elegance
Gingerbread with circle battery mod from the Nexus S Dump provided by BigRick10.
or without circle battery mod
Download GB normal battery
GatorBoots by Burst from SDX Developers (Used in nROM).
TwoPointTwo by thoughlesskyle from XDA Developers.
Download Two Point Two
Stock FroYo with circle battery mod by Nick7.
Download Stock Modded
Minimal Elegance by bcparker from SDX Developers.
Download Minimal Elegance
Galaxy S from a Samsung Vibrant dump.
Download Galaxy S
AndroGreen by Mr. Ragu from XDA Developers.
Minimal Elegance Black by BP from SDX Developers.
Download Minimal Elegance Black
User contributed themes
Dark Horse by Kfunk from XDA Developers. Ported by ZAvonAJ.
Download Dark Horse
More coming soon ....
- 01-30-2011, 12:22 AM #3BuildpropsWith the build props were going to control 4 things.
NOTE - With VC, LG/Sprint has enabled JIT. This means all buildprops, including stock, have JIT enabled.
1) Hardware acceleration - LG has this disabled by default. There have been no i'll effects reported by enabling this and rather, you'll notice much smoother scrolling while using the phone.
2) Wifi Scan Interval - This is how often your Wifi radio checks for signal when on. The default value is low and wastes battery checking for signal. ALL BUILD PROPS IN THIS THREAD, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF STOCK, WILL HAVE THE WIFI SCAN INTERVAL ADJUSTED. We have yet to hear one person say "no thanks, i prefer to waste battery" lol
3) Stagefright - LG has this disabled by default. This one is a catch 22 so to speak. Without stagefright enabled, things like shoutcast in winamp won't work and neither will the NPR radio app or any other media app designed specifically for android 2.2. The flip side of the coin is, it's half baked (thats why it's disabled on stock) and with it on, there are some things that won't work properly such as youtube may have green or pink lines in the videos.
4) LCD Density - LCD Density can increase how much space is available on the phone screen by altering the density of the screen. By changing the compression settings, this creates an artificially high-resolution setting. In other words, changing the LCD density shrinks things on the screen to create more room. The default setting for a phone is 160.
DOWNLOAD STOCK - This is the stock buildprop that comes with the ROM. JIT is enabled, acceleration is not, stagefright is not, Wifi is set low. This is a complete stock VC buildprop that would come with a phone straight from Sprint.
DOWNLOAD STOCK W/ LCD 140 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 140.
DOWNLOAD STOCK W/ LCD 120 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 120.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION ONLY - This has JIT and acceleration enabled and WiFi adjusted.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION W/ LCD 140 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 140.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION W/ LCD 120 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 120.
DOWNLOAD STAGEFRIGHT ONLY - This has JIT and stagefright enabled and WiFi adjusted.
DOWNLOAD STAGEFRIGHT W/ LCD 140 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 140.
DOWNLOAD STAGEFRIGHT W/ LCD 120 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 120.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION AND STAGEFRIGHT - This has acceleration, Stagefright, and JIT enabled and WiFi adjusted.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION AND STAGEFRIGHT W/ LCD 140 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 140.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION AND STAGEFRIGHT W/ LCD 120 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 120.
Reminder: Please see the top of this post for descriptions of what the different features mean. Also keep in mind that all the buildprops except "stock" have the Wifi changed to improve battery.
- 01-30-2011, 12:23 AM #5Misc
In this section you will be able to pick up all sorts of mods. I will update this section with new fun stuff every once in a while.
This is the keyboard that comes on phones with Gingerbread.
This is an amazing keyboard by LG that has a T9 option in addition to a full qwerty. You WILL want to check this out.
This is a simple alarm clock application that will replace your desk clock application. I find that it is much more practical than the desk clock.
Here is a flashable pack of widgets from ThundeROM that include; analog clock widgets, bookmark widget, calendar widgets, clock/weather widget, digital alarm widget, dual clock widgets, memo widget, and a text messaging widget.
- 01-30-2011, 12:24 AM #6What is LEGO ROM?
Well if you can't tell by now, we wanted to incorporate all of Nick, Beezy, and my work, with some new ideas, into 1 central place where you can basically build your own ROM. Thats right! We did all the heavy lifting, and you pick what you want and flash as described below.What are the prerequisites to run LEGO ROM?This is a short simple list.
1) You need to be rooted and have a custom recovery. This won't work if your not rooted and won't work if your rooted but don't have a custom recovery. If you haven done so yet, you'll want to visit [How-To] Root, Recovery, ROM without touching a computer.
2) The ability to read. Because there are soooooo many options and we're busy making them all available, you're going to have to read all 6 posts and understand what's going on. We have taken great care to ensure we explain the options in depth. We appreciate you taking the same time to read them.How LEGO ROM works?
1) You need to download The ROM from post #1, thats your base. The rest of the downloads are optional. A full description (change log) for the ROM is in post #1
2) Optional - You can pick and download a theme from post #2. We have lots to choose from and much more coming.
3) Optional -Now you pick and download a build prop from post #3. They are described appropriately so read the post and pick which one you want.
4) Optional - Pick a kernel from post #4. They are described appropriately so read the post and pick which one you want.
5) Optional - Lastly, you can pick and download any misc stuff we've included in post #5.Ok Now What?
This is a very in depth description of the process which leaves little to the imagination. If you are new to flashing ROMs please take a moment to read the entire instructions multiple times to ensure full understanding.
Prepping your phone:
1) Place all the downloads on the root of your SD card. Depending on what you decided, this may be 1,2,3, or 4 different zips. Whats the root of the SD card? Thats the lowest level of the SD card meaning you aren't putting them inside of a folder on the SD card, but directly onto the root of the card.
Important - Do not open, extract, rename, change or modify the ZIP file. Just download and place on the root of the SD card.
2) Put your phone into recovery. To do this you can use an app from the market called quick boot (free). An alternative is to power off the phone, then press and hold the home key, volume down, and the power button. Keep all 3 depressed until you hit the recovery screen.
3) You should always always do a nand backup before flashing anything. That way if something goes wrong, you can restore. From the recovery screen select "Backup/Restore", The select "Nand backup". Wait for it to finish.
4) You need to wipe some stuff before flashing. Trying to flash framework as heavily modified as these are, over a different framework is not a good idea and WILL lead to issues. Using the volume down button, go down to the "wipe" option on the recovery screen and hit the home button on the bottom of your phone to select it. Wipe data/factory, Wipe cache, and wipe Dalvik cache. Please note that when you wipe data/factory this is resetting your phone to factory settings so your apps, text messages, anything stored locally on the phone will be deleted. Pictures are fine because they are on the SD card. Paid apps (you purchased) will be in the market waiting for you to download again after this is all done. Contacts will be re-synced after you boot back up and log into your google account, assuming you have your contacts stored in your google account.THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT! FLASH IN THIS ORDER.Flashing:
1) Select "flash zip from sdcard" from the main menu in recovery.
2) You must flash the ROM you downloaded from post #1 first. If you do not flash this first, you will over-write anything you flash prior to it. This will take a minute to flash so wait until it says it completed.
3) After flashing the ROM select "reboot system now". This must be done before you can proceed with flashing themes or kernels.
4) Now you need to go back into recovery only this time, the option is built right int the power menu so you don't need an additional app to get to recovery. With the phones screen on, press and hold the power button until the menu comes up. Press reboot recovery
5) Now select "flash zip from sdcard" again and flash the theme. This will only take a couple of seconds.
6) Now select "flash zip from sdcard" again and flash the Buildprop. This will only take a couple of seconds.
7) Now select "flash zip from sdcard" again and flash the kernel. This will only take a couple of seconds.
8) Ok whew .... after all that flashing you can finally select "reboot system now"
Congratulations!!! You are now on LEGO ROM. Makes sense why it's called LEGO ROM now huh? We're just giving you the pieces, you can build whatever the heck you want with themI am on LEGO ROM but now i want to change themes/kernel/buildprop
No problemo .....
1) Download whatever you want (kernel, theme, etc) and place the zip on the root of your SD card.
2) Boot into recovery. Just an FYI, LEGO ROM has reboot recovery built right into the power menu so you don't need an additional app to get to recovery. With the phones screen on, press and hold the power button until the menu comes up. Press reboot recovery
3) Whenever I'm in recovery i make it a habit to wipe cache and dalvik. Don't wipe factory because that will delete all your stuff again.
4) Select flash zip from sdcard again and flash the change you have on the sdcard.
5) After the flash is done you can now select "reboot system now"
- 01-30-2011, 02:37 AM #7
- 01-30-2011, 02:46 AM #8
- 101 Posts
- Hyperdragon, ThundeROM
Awesome colabrativre project guys, will have to give this a try.
Also thought I had the buildprops hosted already, or at least uploaded, guess we will have to get those up.
- 01-30-2011, 02:46 AM #9
- 80 Posts
I can't use this being on an optimus t, but I just want to say how great it is to see a collaborative effort on here, there's not nearly enough of that going on, I like that you guys can put your egos aside to put out something to benefit the community.
- 01-30-2011, 02:50 AM #10
- 19 Posts
- Myn's Warm Z TwoPointTwo
awesome can't wait to try it out!
- 01-30-2011, 03:10 AM #12
- 101 Posts
- Hyperdragon, ThundeROM
- 01-30-2011, 03:12 AM #13
- 126 Posts
nice thanks for everyone's work! i'll be trying this out soon
is there an easy method to change the battery icon? i personally like the android battery icon even though the numbers in the circle battery are more convenient...
if not i still have one of the older versions of nick's gingerbread theme with the android battery.just confirming that that's flashable on this rom right?
- 01-30-2011, 03:27 AM #15
- 01-30-2011, 03:36 AM #16
- 01-30-2011, 05:04 AM #17
- 185 Posts
- Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel
Wow I wakeup in the middle of the night to take some Tylenol for a headache and see this awesome ROM posted! Going to download now and flash in the morning. One question, is the default kernel OC'd?
Thanks guys, can't wait to try it!
- 01-30-2011, 08:40 AM #19
- 53 Posts
- DanteRom v2
Damn, just replaced my wife's Optimus last night for having weird issues with the battery, good thing too, it hung powering off while we're in the store, glad they could see we weren't playing for a new phone.
Just got done rooting and setting up nROM to her liking and now this shows up, guess she won't be using her phone for a while this morning while I re-set it all up.
You guys are awesome. When I get some time to read up on theming and android more, I'll be helping out. Hopefully that's not too far off.
I gather from the screenshots that the default Sprint SW is still included in the ROM? If it is included, is it easy to remove with Titanium or some other app remover?
- 01-30-2011, 09:03 AM #20
- 19 Posts
Nice work. It is oustanding
- 01-30-2011, 09:39 AM #21
- 01-30-2011, 10:49 AM #22
- 275 Posts
You know, I think I've been needing to do a data wipe on my phone anyways :P
- 01-30-2011, 10:50 AM #23
- 53 Posts
- DanteRom v2
- 01-30-2011, 11:20 AM #24
- 126 Posts
- 01-30-2011, 11:23 AM #25
- 271 Posts
- Customized GB.
Excellent idea and collaboration. And as you guys said, the community didn't wait long for this development. Wondering though what is going to happen to the individual ThunderROM and NROMs. Will they continue to be supported/developed or are these replacing them completely? Only possible downside I see is "friendly" competition generally never hurts in terms of innovation.