ARCHIVED: [ROM] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7 (Gingerbread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegetajin8

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I read yesterday on clockworks facebook page that he/they are looking into adding the optimus line this weekend. Figured id jump over here and let ya guys know.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I read yesterday on clockworks facebook page that he/they are looking into adding the optimus line this weekend. Figured id jump over here and let ya guys know.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Won't happen. Lol. I say in jest. I do hope that they do officially support the s. The ROM is great and it seems like they might be getting close to working out all the Bluetooth and sound issues.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Check link in my signature. :)
UPDATE: Updated with all current information to reflect the latest 20110531 build. Sprint zip packages no longer "break" (remove) native android messaging. So, you may choose to use 3rd party sms/mms or default/stock version.

Reactions: ravioli

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey all I hope this helps some one I have everything working (kinda) on the 5/31/2001 build. I flashed back to another non cm rom ..... then I downloaded handecent from the market and titanium backup..... when I wiped and reflashed ASOP then titanium restored lo and behold both VISUAL VOICEMAIL provisioned succesfully and HANDECENT works for both Messages and Pictures..... as far as I know that was my two biggest complaints with this ROM (but it's totally just a beta so I understand) but this fixed my two biggest nags hope it helps :)

Reactions: scottyrick

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey all I hope this helps some one I have everything working (kinda) on the 5/31/2001 build. I flashed back to another non cm rom ..... then I downloaded handecent from the market and titanium backup..... when I wiped and reflashed ASOP then titanium restored lo and behold both VISUAL VOICEMAIL provisioned succesfully and HANDECENT works for both Messages and Pictures..... as far as I know that was my two biggest complaints with this ROM (but it's totally just a beta so I understand) but this fixed my two biggest nags hope it helps :)

Are you able to receive pictures as well as send? The issue has been receiving them.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have not tried it nor really spent much time in the XDA thread yet but there IS a 6/1 update to the ROM that claims to fix the mms issue among other issues. I am currently having some mild/intermittent data problems with it so far but it might just be my location too. I only JUST flashed it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the only available place for 6/1 us currently through ROM Manager. I did see a link buried at XDA for a download link, but I'm at work and can't access it to verify. Looks like the dev wants to just use ROM Manager and ditch the download links but who knows.

Last edited:

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have not tried it nor really spent much time in the XDA thread yet but there IS a 6/1 update to the ROM that claims to fix the mms issue among other issues. I am currently having some mild/intermittent data problems with it so far but it might just be my location too. I only JUST flashed it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the only available place for 6/1 us currently through ROM Manager. I did see a link buried at XDA for a download link, but I'm at work and can't access it to verify. Looks like the dev wants to just use ROM Manager and ditch the download links but who knows.

aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to 0601 yesterday with the Virgin2Sprint conversion (the one that includes the mms.apk) and my mms works fine through handscent. Sending mms anyways. I haven't tried receiving yet.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to 0601 yesterday with the Virgin2Sprint conversion (the one that includes the mms.apk) and my mms works fine through handscent. Sending mms anyways. I haven't tried receiving yet.

You can't receive picture mail. An easy way to test is by sending one to youeself. And if you're talking about the one from page 42 on the xda forum, that one is very outdated BTW.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to edit out "Virgin Mobile" off the lockscreen and notificaton drop down? the only info I could find was under reborn thread, said to edit in build.prop....tried to but couldn't find any line that had virgin mobile listed.....:confused:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to edit out "Virgin Mobile" off the lockscreen and notificaton drop down? the only info I could find was under reborn thread, said to edit in build.prop....tried to but couldn't find any line that had virgin mobile listed.....:confused:

The answer is in my signature. I keep it updated too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci