ARCHIVED: [ROM] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7 (Gingerbread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfer10

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

pfer10

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Does this version have the same known issues as zefie's ?

One thing with aosp is you don't get a change log. I will tell you this if aosp puts it out then it is worth flashing. Only thing that bothered me was mms not working while running it as a pure Virgin Mobile rom. Not sure what the issues are with zefie's CM7 rom as I didn't run it very long. Nand is your friend. Try it out. If you don't like it Nand back. Nothing loss except some of your time.

Reactions: blakesaintonge

Dassin

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Does this version have the same known issues as zefie's ?

Sadly, I just confirmed that I am having the same bluetooth issues in this as in the Scott Pilgrim CM7, which makes sense in a way. It looks like this is sharing a lot with CM7.

Oh well, back to TR 1.8.2 for now. I really look forward to using this once the bluetooth is fixed!

edgarzonjr

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, I just confirmed that I am having the same bluetooth issues in this as in the Scott Pilgrim CM7, which makes sense in a way. It looks like this is sharing a lot with CM7.

Oh well, back to TR 1.8.2 for now. I really look forward to using this once the bluetooth is fixed!

Thanks that's what I wanted to know. I use bluetooth all the time so not worth flashing yet. Thanks again!

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
keep in mind everyone, that until LG puts out 2.3.3 we're always going to be running a port of someone else's port of the nexus s... somethings are being lost in translation, hopefully LG wont be too much longer, they released back in december or january that they are reviewing the optimus series, can't remember if they said S or series so i'll go with the bigger picture, to see if they could get 2.3 on our phones, it's been quite some time and i've not heard a no yet, so i'm sure there will be a roll out for our phones soon.

Hoverbot

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Please give aosp my regards. For some reason or another I could never get GPS to work on zefie's CM, but I'm going to attribute that to my phone rather than the ROM itself, but it does work exceptionally well on aosp's.

Ever since getting the Optimus I've complained about Android's lack of music controls on the lock screen. Coming from the Palm Pixi, which I used constantly as my sole music player, I wanted to see that feature come over.

So with the GPS working now, aosp has made me a happy camper.

ehiggins

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I put this on my wifes phone it works great, nice to see the zip file...it was a little weird having the home and menu buttons switched. Thanks for the work.

Hoverbot

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Doubletwist offers music controls on lock screen....

Last time I tried DoubleSync, it didn't offer lock screen controls, and others that did offer it replaced the lockscreen which could then easily be bypassed by pressing home.

Anyways, the lockscreen controls weren't the only thing that made me happy, but was still up there with GPS, proximity, and Cyanogen.....

Hoverbot

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
whats the difference between this one and zefie's? speed? stability?

They're different attempts by two different people.

Zefie's is based off of work Mik_os did on porting CyanogenMod to the Optimus One.

aosp's is done for the Optimus V with modifications by aosp. Then a zip is supplied by pfer10 to allow everything to work smoothly with the S side of the Optimus.

Hope I have all that correct :)

Either way I don't think it hurts to try them both out.

Is this built for VD? Or is this an earlier baseband?

I use to use it on V9. I am on VD now and see no difference?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

For 2.2 based ROMs it matters, but doesn't appear so for 2.3. May change when the next update comes.

Reactions: 00_wrath_00

athanos

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been running this for some time now. aosp does some great work and is striving for a pure vanilla gingerbread build. This rom will eventually have all of CM stuff removed making it very small and very stable. He did the same thing with froyo for the heroc. Many people like the CM additions and for those of you who do you will not find them in this build once GB is officially pushed to our Optimus. You can find out more about the OV build on the wiki at romrepo.info/wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon