ARCHIVED: Drew's CM7 builds (stable: 08/09/2011 | experimental: 08/08/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(114824)

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Drew's CyanogenMod Hacking thread

The only problem I'm having is getting "Visual Voicemail" to work. With ath3nos rom all voicemails would say "unable to play" and with yours they don't get forwarded to my voicemail at all. The speed with your rom is fantastic though. Thanks!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Is androphiles still in development as well? What's the story? Just curious...

Yes, but the Androphiles ROM for the LG Optimus S has been put on hold for a moment. It got a little out of hand and I managed to break everything so now I get to start from square one with that.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Yes, but the Androphiles ROM for the LG Optimus S has been put on hold for a moment. It got a little out of hand and I managed to break everything so now I get to start from square one with that.

I appreciate everything you do. Can't wait to try this tonight.

immutable.obsession

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

My three most recent Quadrant screenshots. I've never gotten results this good, so I'm pretty impressed.

The only problems I've personally had were that at first I could send but not receive MMS, but a reflash fixed that. And now, the only issue is that Quadrant force closes ever OTHER time I try to run it, which had never happened before, but it's not really a big deal, either, to me. LOL

ngmanis

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My three most recent Quadrant screenshots. I've never gotten results this good, so I'm pretty impressed.

The only problems I've personally had were that at first I could send but not receive MMS, but a reflash fixed that. And now, the only issue is that Quadrant force closes ever OTHER time I try to run it, which had never happened before, but it's not really a big deal, either, to me. LOL

How???? I can't break 900... fill me in!! :)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

uamadman

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

original zefie cm7 release i benchmark at 1009 at 806OC

Likeing the look of the thread ... Throw in USB Host for me on one of your builds ^.^

immutable.obsession

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

LOL Just this rom, with the most recent XioniaRedux kernel drew put up, and OC'd to 864. =) It makes me quite happy, though I only run it OC'd that high when I'm playing my games. LOL

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
original zefie cm7 release i benchmark at 1009 at 806OC

Likeing the look of the thread ... Throw in USB Host for me on one of your builds ^.^

That's configured in the kernel. I can certainly enable it, but can you give me a use case? If there is a legitimate use for it, I will enable it.

EDIT: Never mind don't answer that ;)

Last edited:

uamadman

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

EDIT: Never mind don't answer that ;)

I did read it but, i'll thow in a little info + references i've aquired concerning this.

I'm working on getting a linux version fully fuctional on my android. Including the abilitiy to tune my car ^.^ I'll try out your build tonight and test a linux distro on it. squeeze or natty or both xD

HOST MODE Reference: https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/q...it;h=9ea88891c0326206e1c5a8bcbdb402ad692d0ffa

My Project:
Megasquirt MSEXTRA / MS3EFI • TunerStudio Almost Running Armel v6 Processor (Android) (View topic)

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

How do u turn off the defalt locker I got one off of the market an now they both come up so now I have 2 locks

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I am really tempted to flash this ROM but since I am currently on ath3nos ROM and data2ext with it, I only have one question:
If I wipe everything and flash this ROM do I lose data2ext?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I did read it but, i'll thow in a little info + references i've aquired concerning this.

I'm working on getting a linux version fully fuctional on my android. Including the abilitiy to tune my car ^.^ I'll try out your build tonight and test a linux distro on it. squeeze or natty or both xD

HOST MODE Reference: https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/q...it;h=9ea88891c0326206e1c5a8bcbdb402ad692d0ffa

My Project:
Megasquirt MSEXTRA / MS3EFI • TunerStudio Almost Running Armel v6 Processor (Android) (View topic)

OK, I'm compiling a kernel with (hopefully) USB Host mode enabled, along with USB-OTG. Will update with status.

Never mind, it's going to take someone much smarter than me to do this. I'll keep looking into it though.

Last edited:
Reactions: uamadman

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

i just ran a bunch of benchmarks on a bunch of roms and kernels. all set to 600-864mhz on th performance govna. for the sake of my batt these are not my day to day settings. DREWs rom with his 7/25 kernel scored consistantly highest. second only to his rom with his 7/23 kernel. athenos came in close to second and reborn a distant 4th. although i ran 5 different bench marks apps )antutu, quadrant, 3Dxl...the well known ones, the froyo roms rocked on database IO but sucked horibbly in FLOPs. all the CM7.1 roms (more specifically kernels i guess) rocked in 2/3D and FLOPs but was relatively weak in database IO.

anywho...drews sh...stuff kicks a...is the tops...

PS was there ever a work around for the VVM? after playing with the froyo roms i realize how much i liked it...

Last edited:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

I am really tempted to flash this ROM but since I am currently on ath3nos ROM and data2ext with it, I only have one question:
If I wipe everything and flash this ROM do I lose data2ext?

If you don't wipe anything you wont lose the apps.
I recommend titanium backup everything, clear everything from recovery flash everything. Reboot. Data2ext --enable. Reboot. Restore from titanium. Works everytime!

Reactions: CardcaptorRLH85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non