ARCHIVED: [ROM] - gROM 2.2 - 10/16 - GB - With Flash - Yes, FLASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
[INFO]About gROM
  • gROM was designed to be a cleaned up Sprint Stock ROM based on the latest Gingerbead 2.3.3 release. It has been tweaked and tested. All apps in the ROM are up to date!
  • I removed all of the Sprint bloatware and made some minor changes under the hood and tweaked it to perfection. Its complimented with a small but useful assortment of applications.
  • Read post #2 for important info BEFORE you attempt to flash this ROM!
[/INFO]

[INFO]Features
  • ROM Updater
  • Full Adobe Flash
  • Overclocked to 748MHZ with Drew's V6.2 Kernel - See post #2 for more info!
  • Ad Blocking - ES File Explorer
  • No Frills CPU Control - SenseClock - Quick Reboot - WiFi Tether -DSP manager -Evo 3D Ringtones / Alarms / Alerts
  • Dalvik Cache tweak for +50MB's of internal storage - All Google Apps up tp date as of 10/5 - Removed Sprint bloatware!ved Sprint bloatware!
[/INFO]

[TIP]About ROM Updater
  • ROM Updater is an application that allows you to download Themes, Ringtones, Fonts and more from inside the application! ROM Updater will also allow, of course, updated ROM's to be download. All of this done from inside the OS then automatically flashed in recovery for you! ROM Updater is temperamental and may occasionally force close from time to time when viewing screenshots. A complete rewrite is in process but I am more than sure you will be happy with this addition! ROM Updater Source Code is licensed on the GNU GPL v2 and source code can be found HERE
  • ROM Updater needs to be configured for first use! For ROM Updater configuration instructions read more HERE!
  • For a list of all mods in the ROM updater see HERE
[/TIP]

[NOTE]
Changes in 2.2 - 10/16/11
  • Added: Full Adobe Flash 10.2.1
  • Added: More performance and memory tweaks
  • Updated: Market 3.2.0
  • Updated: No Frills CPU Control 1.15
  • Updated: Host file
[/NOTE]

gROM2-2.png

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Hit the THANKS Button if you like this offering

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Important Info!

[WARN]Prerequisites
[/WARN]

[WARN]About Overclocking
  • Unfortunately not all devices are created equal! Some devices can be overclocked further than others.
  • The ROM is set to 748MHZ. I feel that is a good blend of stability, speed and battery performance.
  • You may choose to increase or decrease the speed with the included application. If you go past 748MHZ you do so at your own risk!
  • My device can be clocked all the way to 806MHZ and preforms perfectly. Yours may not! You have been warned :-X
[/WARN]

[TIP]How to Flash
  • Download ROM and place on the root of your SD Card
  • Boot into recovery mode
  • Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  • Flash ROM
  • Boot into OS
[/TIP]

[NOTE]Change Log
  • Complete gROM Change Log is HERE
[/NOTE]

[WARN]Known Issues
  • After adding the Power Control Widget to workspace / desktop you will need to reboot one time.
[/WARN]

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] gROM - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread!

[NOTE]Thanks to
Deez2000 for the stock update to work with!
sfhub for his tips to get it rooted!
solodogg for testing what sfhub said to try!
drewwalton19216801 for work done on his GingerKernel.[/NOTE]

[NOTE]I consider this a community ROM. If you have tips for improvement I am all ears! If you would like to take this base and make your own ROM to post by all means go ahead! Enjoy yourself! [/NOTE]​

[INFO]Slated features for future releases (with no ETA!):
One Gigabyte Internal Storage via SD Card
Power control in pulldown
[/INFO]

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread!

Links up! Have fun!

Remember this is fresh! So fresh that any possible bugs have not been found so please remember the before you flash. I have tested everything and it seems good to go! You and you alone are responsible for flashing this ROM and the risk associated with it but I am sure you will find the experience pleasurable!

Thank you and enjoy!

-Scott

Last edited:

Catfish

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

Must be at latest Sprint baseband ZVH

I got drews cm7 installed and I look and the baseband version and it says unknown, how can I tell if I got ZVH?

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] gROM - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread!

[WARN]Prerequisites
Must have a custom recovery installed. More info Here: LINK SOON
Must be at latest Sprint baseband ZVH. If you are at an older baseband you will not have data or cell capabilities![/WARN]

I'm on Drew's CM7 ROM & Redux Kernel but the baseband says unknown in the about phone menu. :(
How do I check/make sure what my baseband is?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Must be at latest Sprint baseband ZVH

I got drews cm7 installed and I look and the baseband version and it says unknown, how can I tell if I got ZVH?

You are more than likley at the VD baseband. TO get to VH you need some trickery. There is a thread on it here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/118973-zvh-ota-update-zip.html

But to summarize you will need to flash the V9 Baseband recovery image, then update the current OS to the official release in the first post of that thread. Then root using the V9 root method and then install your custom recovery back. THis will update the baseband as required for the ROM. Next flash the ROM!

EDIT: I initially posted the revert version needed to be VC but It should have been V9. My bad! I am testing with VC right now. If all goes well I will post my own article on how to do this as it seems to be a point of consternation for people.

It sounds harder than what it is but this it the best we have got for now. I am sure Drew and the others will come up with a nice pretty tutorial so if you are skittish about doing this then you may want to hold off until then. They said they are working on it in the linked thread. You can always test drive the ROM but you wont have any comms.

Last edited:

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

You are more than likley at the VD baseband. TO get to VH you need some trickery. There is a thread on it here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/118973-zvh-ota-update-zip.html

But to summarize you will need to flash the VC Baseband recovery image, then update the current OS to the official release in the first post of that thread. Then root using the VC root method and then install your custom recovery back. THis will update the baseband as required for the ROM. Next flash the ROM!

It sounds harder than what it is but this it the best we have got for now. I am sure Drew and the others will come up with a nice pretty tutorial so if you are skittish about doing this then you may want to hold off until then. They said they are working on it in the linked thread. You can always test drive the ROM but you wont have any comms.
i'm having trouble getting rageagainstthecage to return #
after it resets adb, i just come back to $
any idea?

Catfish

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

ok,would have loved trying this rom out, but think I will stick with what I got.

Thanks for the info though

Peace

kernelsandirs#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I thought the update actually changes the baseband to ZVH, how does one get to ZVH?
I have unknown in baseband, on Drews CM7 .2 had ZVD prior to Drew's.

EDIT: Doh! I see this was answered already.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

any idea?

Unfortuneatly rooting and recovery is not my forte. I am sure if you post in the thread that I linked to above they can help you.

ok,would have loved trying this rom out, but think I will stick with what I got.

Thanks for the info though

Peace

Ok, thanks for your interest.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok I'm confused what do I need to do to get this? I am running cm7 backside with Redux Kernel. What do I need to do?

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

any idea?
using the stock v9 recovery, did you go to update.zip (making sure the update.zip included in the op is in the root of you sd card)

MAKE SURE TO READ THE RED AREA'S IN THAT OP

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Ok I'm confused what do I need to do to get this? I am running cm7 backside with Redux Kernel. What do I need to do?

if you dont have a newer LCD screen, you need to flash the V9 recovery, then flash the update zip from the VH thread (dont forget to make sure its named update), then root using rageagainstthecage-read the op, especially the red areas! )

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

if you dont have a newer LCD screen, you need to flash the V9 recovery, then flash the update zip from the VH thread (dont forget to make sure its named update), then root using rageagainstthecage-read the op, especially the red areas! )

what OP are you talking about?

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Well I didn't see where it was posted how to get ZVH. Is there going to be a step by step instruction guide to update to ZVH baseband? I can't find it, i'm sorry if you guys get pissed at me. I really want this ROM on my phone RIGHT NOW! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary