ARCHIVED: [ROM] Opti-ROM v1.1 built-in apps2sd, storage management, OCable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Opti-ROM

Can someone post the stock GB kernel for this ROM? I had gROM up and running and finally found a work-around for infrastructure-based Hotspot using the WiFi tether 3.1beta 6 app since the Hotspot doesn't seem to work yet on these GB roms.

Installed this ROM and been running great, but can't get wifi tether to work properly. Reading a few others forums, seems some guy had luck on a different platform switching back to a stock ROM vs. modded, so was hoping to do the same to see if there's some other hook that drew's ROM is missing that dis-allows wifi tether to create the hotspot.

Enable MSS clamping it allowed mine to work, its in the options on wifi tether. Though disabling the hot spot causes my phone to reboot. I reported it as a bug back on beta 3 even on stock froyo but it hasnt been fixed yet.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Update:
[INFO]apps install to ext filesystem (sdcard partition) by default[/INFO]
blr8p.png
280qgau.png

[NOTE]Notice everything is installed to the "internal storage" which happens to be my 1GB partition. ;) Anyone interested?[/NOTE]

gldnbear

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I noticed the amount of memory on the bottom left shows 165 MB, not 1 GB. I had an ext partition on Reborn, and it showed the full 1 GB when looking at phone storage under settings.

Does this resolve (or give you more memory) for cache for market issues?

I would be interested in finding out how to do this.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

I noticed the amount of memory on the bottom left shows 165 MB, not 1 GB. I had an ext partition on Reborn, and it showed the full 1 GB when looking at phone storage under settings.

Does this resolve (or give you more memory) for cache for market issues?

I would be interested in finding out how to do this.

This method shows the true amount of internal memory. Notice there is more than 22MB installed to the phone in the pic. ;) It will automatically store all of your downloaded apps to the sd ext partition that is formatted. I have not experienced any cache issues, etc.

I used the both methods while on CM7 that utilized the sd partition. This method takes both of the methods utilized and gives the user the benefit. I have added apps since uploading the pictures and my internal memory still shows 22MB used. :cool: It will be packed in the next release. :)

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com

Dang....people must install a ridiculous amount of apps to need all that space. I've got over 20 installed...almost all of which are on my internal storage...and I still don't have issues with needing more memory.

Reactions: basketthis

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Dang....people must install a ridiculous amount of apps to need all that space. I've got over 20 installed...almost all of which are on my internal storage...and I still don't have issues with needing more memory.

I have 85 apps installed with no storage or memory problems with a 8g SD card.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

mgardner323

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

ok so i let it sit for 15 mins and it still sits at the lg logo grom works fine but when i put opti-rom on it just wont boot any suggestions while i wait for and answer i am going to start from square one again

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

ok so i let it sit for 15 mins and it still sits at the lg logo grom works fine but when i put opti-rom on it just wont boot any suggestions while i wait for and answer i am going to start from square one again

Boot into recovery
Wipe: system, cache, data, dalvik cache (everything)
Flash Debug-FormatSystem.zip
Flash ROM
Reboot

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I saw that an update was made. Could you change the Thread Title to reflect when updates are made?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

I saw that an update was made. Could you change the Thread Title to reflect when updates are made?

Title will be changed when an update is released. No update has been released yet. If you are referring to the first post, it has not been added to the ROM yet and is scheduled for release in the next update. :) I will update the first post for clarity!

mgardner323

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

ok I have done everything I was supposed to and still isnt comeing up im going to let it sit here for and hr and see if it is just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.