[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th8.1 (Froyo-friendly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any plans to add functionality for us still slumming on the zvd baseband? While i use thekravens cm7, in theory i might want to flash back to a froyo rom for profile/prl updating. I do want to be on the better recovery (love the idea of not needing the debug file), but without backward compatibility i will have to wait for hydro rom to release, because as soon as that drops i am dying to try it!

illinoissparks18

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7-th3

Hey i tried flashing and it works but i then try again lets say 10 mins later and it gives me the stock recovery again. Need help getting it to stick.thanks

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Staying on stock rom can cause this with a fresh reboot. I don't know how to avoid it, maybe someone else has a suggestion.

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Never heard of Xoinx recovery, you sure you aren't running Xionia? :p

You should be fine flashing the update.zip twice with CWM Recovery.

Well I tried to flash zvd update.zip 3 times with cwm recovery with no luck. This recovery tries to update radio, then throws several errors. When I reboot I've got zvd stock rom but no radio and still got cwm recovery. I flashed it twice, three different times. So I restored a zvh rom then flashed xionia recovery and flashed zvd update zip twice and everything worked great.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I tried to flash zvd update.zip 3 times with cwm recovery with no luck. This recovery tries to update radio, then throws several errors. When I reboot I've got zvd stock rom but no radio and still got cwm recovery. I flashed it twice, three different times. So I restored a zvh rom then flashed xionia recovery and flashed zvd update zip twice and everything worked great.

Thank for reporting this. You may not realise it but you almost bricked your phone. BUT you also confirmed that this recovery does not attempt to flash radios, which is good.

When I get home from work I will update it to allow you to flash the update.zip with no issues.

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank for reporting this. You may not realise it but you almost bricked your phone. BUT you also confirmed that this recovery does not attempt to flash radios, which is good.

When I get home from work I will update it to allow you to flash the update.zip with no issues.

I had a feeling when I was getting the errors and then stock rom / cwma recovery plus my phone was quriky that. I had better step back and punt! Thanks for looking into it!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Will this (Recovery) work with Rom Manager?
For the love of God, do NOT use ROM Manager. Now go read the stickies and say 5 Hail Marys for asking. It was going to be 10, but you did ask before doing, which is commendable.

THEBROWNTANIUMMAN

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Can anybody lead me to a place where they will explain this to me like Im 4?
I got a LG Optimus S two days ago and basicly all i wanna do is over clock my CPU and tweak the OS a little, unfortunatley this is all a bit over mah head..

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

so i was currently using the CMW recovery 5.0.2.7-th3 and it would seem that any backup made during that time just wouldnt work, and it also made my previous xionia backups behave oddly, but only the ones that where yourmom roms, once i installed xionia again, the old backups made with xionia loaded up no problem, but the new ones did not, which i assumed wouldnt because maybe theyre stored differently or what ever

then when i was looking at the files that make up a nandroid backup, any of the new ones had an extra wording in the file names, yaff2 or something like system.yaff2.img or data.yaff2.img, and i dont know if that was the problem but they only showed up in the new backups made with cwm recovery, everything else is working with xionia

then just to see i reinstalled cwm recovery and re attempted the events and again the new backups made with the new recovery would not boot at all

any ideas?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

so i was currently using the CMW recovery 5.0.2.7-th3 and it would seem that any backup made during that time just wouldnt work, and it also made my previous xionia backups behave oddly, but only the ones that where yourmom roms, once i installed xionia again, the old backups made with xionia loaded up no problem, but the new ones did not, which i assumed wouldnt because maybe theyre stored differently or what ever

then when i was looking at the files that make up a nandroid backup, any of the new ones had an extra wording in the file names, yaff2 or something like system.yaff2.img or data.yaff2.img, and i dont know if that was the problem but they only showed up in the new backups made with cwm recovery, everything else is working with xionia

then just to see i reinstalled cwm recovery and re attempted the events and again the new backups made with the new recovery would not boot at all

any ideas?

All of my backups work just fine. Ones made in Xionia work just as well as ones made in CWM Recovery.

About your CWM backups not working in Xionia, that's because Xionia is based off an ancient version of ClockworkMod and can't support the new backups.

When something isn't booting, it's better to grab a logcat log (if possible) instead of simply stating "it didn't boot" or something to that effect. I can't replicate your issue, so without a log I can't do a thing about it.

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

All of my backups work just fine. Ones made in Xionia work just as well as ones made in CWM Recovery.

About your CWM backups not working in Xionia, that's because Xionia is based off an ancient version of ClockworkMod and can't support the new backups.

When something isn't booting, it's better to grab a logcat log (if possible) instead of simply stating "it didn't boot" or something to that effect. I can't replicate your issue, so without a log I can't do a thing about it.

no i understand i just dont get why it freezes up at the android screen :/
i mean i just tried it again and same results
i mean all i am running is yourmom rom with the power button extras, and gingerkernal 8.1

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site

just in case any one is looking...,

Just flashed from terminal emulator.
put img file on root of sdcard

open terminal emulator with su permissions

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMRecovery_5.0.2.7-th3_thunderc.img

worked like a charm!

Thanks again TeamHydro!:D

Status