Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Default Re: [RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th6 (T is for TOUCH!)

Are nandroids made with CWMT incompatible with Xionia CWMA? Last night I reinstalled Xionia, but when I tried to restore one of my backups, i got something like "no __________.img found" for system, data, cache, and recovery. Boot was the only .img that would be restored, which just led to an unbootable setup (I was going from CM9 Kraven to a nandroid of CM7 Kraven). Eventually I reinstalled CWMT and i was able to complete the restore.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #127  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by prowlingfox View Post
    Are nandroids made with CWMT incompatible with Xionia CWMA? Last night I reinstalled Xionia, but when I tried to restore one of my backups, i got something like "no __________.img found" for system, data, cache, and recovery. Boot was the only .img that would be restored, which just led to an unbootable setup (I was going from CM9 Kraven to a nandroid of CM7 Kraven). Eventually I reinstalled CWMT and i was able to complete the restore.
    Xionia backups are fine in CWMT but the reverse is not true. In ClockworkMod 5, there is a new backup mechanism that is incompatible with older recoveries.
    Last edited by drewwalton19216801; 02-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Zionist backups are fine in CWMT but the reverse is not true. In ClockworkMod 5, there is a new backup mechanism that is incompatible with older recoveries.
    Interesting. Thanks!

ROM
    Stock.... for now

This is a known issue and a fix is being worked on. In TH6, I've disabled the on-screen recovery log. This is NOT a final decision, but I would like everyone's input. I believe the recovery is stable enough to warrant this change.
    IMHO, I do not like that the text has been removed. It's nice to see, especially when making a backup or flashing a file, if there have been any errors. Just my 2 cents. Keep up the great work drew! You astound us all every day

Sent from Hydro
    Buddlespit likes this.
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

Quote Originally Posted by Sdude1200 View Post
    IMHO, I do not like that the text has been removed. It's nice to see, especially when making a backup or flashing a file, if there have been any errors. Just my 2 cents. Keep up the great work drew! You astound us all every day
    +1
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #131  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by Sdude1200 View Post

Sent from Hydro
    The on-screen log will make a return in the next build until we can find a good compromise, be it a menu switch or something more fancy.

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Is there a way to disable the touch controls? They can be useful, but i've caught myself rebooting the phone or almost flashing update.zip due to accidental touches. IMHO, it's a little risky to have touch controls for something that can mess you up big time if you're not paying attention :P
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #133  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by prowlingfox View Post
    Is there a way to disable the touch controls? They can be useful, but i've caught myself rebooting the phone or almost flashing update.zip due to accidental touches. IMHO, it's a little risky to have touch controls for something that can mess you up big time if you're not paying attention :P
    Nope, they're baked into the recovery code. Remember that the standard Volume-Up/Volume-Down/Menu buttons still behave normally, so you can use those instead if you wish.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

running kraven's cm9 (so adb doesn't work). after trying to flash by typing:
    flash_image recovery /CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img (recovery is on root of sd card)
    I get the message
    error opening /CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.imgfailed with error: -1255|app_13@android:/ #
    help please?
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

Try this instead:
    Code:
    # flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img
    Thanked by:

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    running kraven's cm9 (so adb doesn't work). after trying to flash by typing:
    flash_image recovery /CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img (recovery is on root of sd card)
    I get the message
    error opening /CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.imgfailed with error: -1255|app_13@android:/ #
    help please?
    I literally just dealt with this about five minutes ago. What you gotta do is boot into recovery, go to mounts and storage, then hit "mount sd card". i also hit "mount system" but i'm not sure if that's necessary.

Then type

Code:
    adb shell
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img
    Thanked by:
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    Try this instead:
    Code:
    # flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img
    thanks. This worked

Followed the directions, Im getting the error "Flash_image: not found" and I put in the line # flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (I renamed the file in case that changes anything)
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Quote Originally Posted by nolanswartz View Post
    Followed the directions, Im getting the error "Flash_image: not found" and I put in the line # flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (I renamed the file in case that changes anything)
    you need to download the flash_image.zip file, extract it to the root of your sd card.
    then, from a root shell

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak   -- (If you get an error here, it's ok keep going)
    mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    reboot recovery

Where do I download flash_image.zip?

ROM
    cm7

Where do I download flash_image.zip?
    go to the xionia clockwork thread. You will find the flash.img dl.

Followed your directions, after I input "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img" I get "error opening /sdcard/recovery.img: No such file or directory. I checked the file is in the top level of the sdcard.

ROM
    cm7

Followed your directions, after I input "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img" I get "error opening /sdcard/recovery.img: No such file or directory. I checked the file is in the top level of the sdcard.
    replace" /sdcard/recovery.img" with "/sdcard/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img"

code: flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img

Quote Originally Posted by dobbs69 View Post
    replace" /sdcard/recovery.img" with "/sdcard/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img"

code: flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img
    finally.. been having the same issue as that guy, for some reason i thought i had to rename it to recovery.img, slow sporadic reading of this thread poisoned me i think lol. but finally worked.. thanx!

could have sworn i tried it with the original filename before and it didnt work.. think i just have a bit of the wet brain.

also the recovery is working perfect with the new touch buttons.. to bad my volume down is so worn out now it dosent even have a slight click you can feel.

Last edited by deejayadhd; 02-22-2012 at 06:35 PM.

ROM
    cm7

glad to help.

ROM
    jellybeanLIH leak

will this recovery get the function to convert to rfs/ext2/ext3/ext4
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Can we have the REGULAR CWM build? I just want the regular build from when it wasn't touch screen...

Xionia just ain't cutting it.

Sent from my LG-LS670 running CyanogenMod 9 and Ice Cream Sandwich!
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #148  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAkridge View Post
    Can we have the REGULAR CWM build? I just want the regular build from when it wasn't touch screen...

Xionia just ain't cutting it.

If you want standard CWM, you can port and build it yourself. Sorry but this is the direction we're going with this.

What bothers you about a touch interface? You can still use the hardware buttons.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

I liked to be able to see the running log of what it was doing. Also it gave us forgetfull people an idea of what we had already done (kinda nice on xionia when you have to wipe about 8 different ways). But I liked the touch interface enough to deal with the loss.
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

If you want standard CWM, you can port and build it yourself. Sorry but this is the direction we're going with this.

What bothers you about a touch interface? You can still use the hardware buttons.
    The touch interface is just that I am used to the HW buttons... also, I need CWM ... like this one but it doesn't show the log....

Thnx for suggestions.

Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast