[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th8.1 (Froyo-friendly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th5 (T is for TOUCH!)

Will this work on cm7.2 cause I know it is gingerbread but just wondering if so ill use it

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Noice! I'm digging the subdued Honeycomb look. You're making it really tempting to move back to ZVH lately.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

if anyone can help look on my thread i need help my usb wont hook to computer without total phone reboot im trying to install this recovery

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

alrighty didnt work for my kravens cm7.2 port can someone tell me what to type in to flash im using mmarks rom tools which is just like adb shell

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

1. Please use ADB. I am not familiar with what you are using, and I don't know how many people here are and can help you troubleshoot.
move all of the files in the platform-tools folder to C:/android (not necessary, but makes things easier)
type (hit enter after each line)
C:
cd /android
adb shell
su
than type the command drew says in the OP. (I would suggest putting the files in the C:/android directory to make things easier

Troubleshooting:
Do you have USB debugging enabled? Double check and make sure.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

1. Please use ADB. I am not familiar with what you are using, and I don't know how many people here are and can help you troubleshoot.
move all of the files in the platform-tools folder to C:/android (not necessary, but makes things easier)
type (hit enter after each line)
C:
cd /android
adb shell
su
than type the command drew says in the OP. (I would suggest putting the files in the C:/android directory to make things easier

Troubleshooting:
Do you have USB debugging enabled? Double check and make sure.

where do i get the adb thingy

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I don't support third party one-click tools that I didn't create. You need to learn how to use ADB.

ok here i go.
i installed sdk and saw app called adb and i opened it and it looked like it opened a command window for 3 seconds then it closed. i know how to get to command prompt if i need to do that. any tips i can make a video on my phone and post link for youtube if it helps. please tell me what im doing wrong because im soon going to be upgrading to zvh again. (2nd time this week!). and theres a fix to sms and mms for cm9 so i need to learn to use adb. any knowledge will be appreciated if computer model helps here you go.

acer aspire 1
windows 7 starter 32 bit

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Open a regular command prompt, and plug in the commands I told you on the previous page.for the last line, type the last line drew says in the OP. The opening and closing command prompt you see is the adb service startingwhen you click the link.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Open a regular command prompt, and plug in the commands I told you on the previous page.for the last line, type the last line drew says in the OP. The opening and closing command prompt you see is the adb service startingwhen you click the link.

sorry but when i now use the command prompt after installing the sdk my cmd is on desktop??????? i tried logging into it but heres what it says and i quote
system cannot find message text for message number 0x2350 in the message file for the applacation???????
what does this mean

oh yeah please note i did try your way but it said commands not recognized. please help i know this is for android threads but please help

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Drew, I decided to try upgrading from the earlier version of this to the new touch version. Placed it on the sdcard and opened cmd.exe, typed adb shell as always and it goes to something like "sh-3 #" or something very close. I think I remember you mentioning this was okay so I typed SU to get my $ prompt and it fails. Takes me right back to sh-3 #. I am running current hydroRom. I did have USB mass media disabled and debugging on. Any thoughts?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Drew, I decided to try upgrading from the earlier version of this to the new touch version. Placed it on the sdcard and opened cmd.exe, typed adb shell as always and it goes to something like "sh-3 #" or something very close. I think I remember you mentioning this was okay so I typed SU to get my $ prompt and it fails. Takes me right back to sh-3 #. I am running current hydroRom. I did have USB mass media disabled and debugging on. Any thoughts?

# means root shell. No su needed. Nothing failed, you just started a root shell from a root shell, therefore got (gasp!) a root shell :p

In other news, how's about a new build! Nothing much was updated, just some awesome UI enhancements thanks to sblood86.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar