[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th8.1 (Froyo-friendly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th6 (T is for TOUCH!)

Hey drew, I really enjoyed having the text log, and it was helpful for debugging errors with ROMs. Even if you don't re-enable it permanently, is there a way we can turn it back on?

Not currently. We are working on a user-modifiable switch to turn it off and on. This make take several attempts to get it working but it will be done.

We are also working on a better long-term solution which is to modify the way the on-screen text log gets displayed.

something15525

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Not currently. We are working on a user-modifiable switch to turn it off and on. This make take several attempts to get it working but it will be done.

We are also working on a better long-term solution which is to modify the way the on-screen text log gets displayed.

Alright, no worries! Thanks man!

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I was looking at the differences between Xionia's backups and this ones, and I noticed that .tar files were used instead of .img files for .android_secure and sd-ext. Will I be able to restore my previously backed up versions I have saved without causing heartache and pain?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I was looking at the differences between Xionia's backups and this ones, and I noticed that .tar files were used instead of .img files for .android_secure and sd-ext. Will I be able to restore my previously backed up versions I have saved without causing heartache and pain?

You *should* be able to restore backups made with Xionia, but it hasn't been fully tested yet.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Are nandroids made with CWMT incompatible with Xionia CWMA? Last night I reinstalled Xionia, but when I tried to restore one of my backups, i got something like "no __________.img found" for system, data, cache, and recovery. Boot was the only .img that would be restored, which just led to an unbootable setup (I was going from CM9 Kraven to a nandroid of CM7 Kraven). Eventually I reinstalled CWMT and i was able to complete the restore.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Are nandroids made with CWMT incompatible with Xionia CWMA? Last night I reinstalled Xionia, but when I tried to restore one of my backups, i got something like "no __________.img found" for system, data, cache, and recovery. Boot was the only .img that would be restored, which just led to an unbootable setup (I was going from CM9 Kraven to a nandroid of CM7 Kraven). Eventually I reinstalled CWMT and i was able to complete the restore.

Xionia backups are fine in CWMT but the reverse is not true. In ClockworkMod 5, there is a new backup mechanism that is incompatible with older recoveries.

Last edited:
Reactions: prowlingfox

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue and a fix is being worked on. In TH6, I've disabled the on-screen recovery log. This is NOT a final decision, but I would like everyone's input. I believe the recovery is stable enough to warrant this change.
IMHO, I do not like that the text has been removed. It's nice to see, especially when making a backup or flashing a file, if there have been any errors. Just my 2 cents. Keep up the great work drew! You astound us all every day

Sent from Hydro

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

IMHO, I do not like that the text has been removed. It's nice to see, especially when making a backup or flashing a file, if there have been any errors. Just my 2 cents. Keep up the great work drew! You astound us all every day

+1

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Sent from Hydro

The on-screen log will make a return in the next build until we can find a good compromise, be it a menu switch or something more fancy.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to disable the touch controls? They can be useful, but i've caught myself rebooting the phone or almost flashing update.zip due to accidental touches. IMHO, it's a little risky to have touch controls for something that can mess you up big time if you're not paying attention :p

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Is there a way to disable the touch controls? They can be useful, but i've caught myself rebooting the phone or almost flashing update.zip due to accidental touches. IMHO, it's a little risky to have touch controls for something that can mess you up big time if you're not paying attention :p

Nope, they're baked into the recovery code. Remember that the standard Volume-Up/Volume-Down/Menu buttons still behave normally, so you can use those instead if you wish.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

running kraven's cm9 (so adb doesn't work). after trying to flash by typing:
flash_image recovery /CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img (recovery is on root of sd card)
I get the message
error opening /CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.imgfailed with error: -1255|app_13@android:/ #
help please?

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

running kraven's cm9 (so adb doesn't work). after trying to flash by typing:
flash_image recovery /CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img (recovery is on root of sd card)
I get the message
error opening /CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.imgfailed with error: -1255|app_13@android:/ #
help please?

I literally just dealt with this about five minutes ago. What you gotta do is boot into recovery, go to mounts and storage, then hit "mount sd card". i also hit "mount system" but i'm not sure if that's necessary.

Then type

Code:
adb shell
flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th6_thunderc.img

Reactions: Va1ha11a

nolanswartz

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Followed the directions, Im getting the error "Flash_image: not found" and I put in the line # flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (I renamed the file in case that changes anything)

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Followed the directions, Im getting the error "Flash_image: not found" and I put in the line # flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (I renamed the file in case that changes anything)

you need to download the flash_image.zip file, extract it to the root of your sd card.
then, from a root shell

Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak   -- [COLOR="Red"](If you get an error here, it's ok keep going)[/COLOR]
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude