[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that I could only flash one zip at a time from ORS. It flashed the ROM but didn't flash the Google apps package I had set to install after it.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.8 (sig verification FIXED

I noticed that I could only flash one zip at a time from ORS. It flashed the ROM but didn't flash the Google apps package I had set to install after it.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Just tested it on my end and it worked fine.

Reactions: ShadowEO

jzee420

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

After flashing over the Cannibal Recovery Img v1.0.8, doing a nandroid backup, viewing the log and rebooting into Android, I discovered that about 95% OF MY SDCARD had been WIPED CLEAN! Where did I miss this in the beginning thread? Where this went wrong, I have NO idea. I know it's a lost cause, but any help restoring this would be greatly apreciated. I have Titanium Bkup Pro, but all the data in it's folder is part of the 95% allong with my previous nandroid backups too. :( huge down-er :(

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
After flashing over the Cannibal Recovery Img v1.0.8, doing a nandroid backup, viewing the log and rebooting into Android, I discovered that about 95% OF MY SDCARD had been WIPED CLEAN! Where did I miss this in the beginning thread? Where this went wrong, I have NO idea. I know it's a lost cause, but any help restoring this would be greatly apreciated. I have Titanium Bkup Pro, but all the data in it's folder is part of the 95% allong with my previous nandroid backups too. :( huge down-er :(

If it's truly erased, restoration is basically impossible. That said, there is literally NOTHING about anything you did that should cause that. You sure you didn't enter a command wrong somewhere?

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If it's truly erased, restoration is basically impossible. That said, there is literally NOTHING about anything you did that should cause that. You sure you didn't enter a command wrong somewhere?

This issue I do belive is a read/write flaw with android I don't know what causes it but IV seen it a cpl of times
Files deleted,ones that are left get renamed gibberish incorrect file sizes?....it seems to happen more when android has to process large amounts of data....it blows the goat I was makeing a kids game a version of beauty and the beast on my Droid I lost the project because of this error(3 weeks of work:( )

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

This issue I do belive is a read/write flaw with android I don't know what causes it but IV seen it a cpl of times
Files deleted,ones that are left get renamed gibberish incorrect file sizes?....it seems to happen more when android has to process large amounts of data....it blows the goat I was makeing a kids game a version of beauty and the beast on my Droid I lost the project because of this error(3 weeks of work:( )

I've never even heard of this issue. I've flashed ROMs literally hundreds of times, flashed who-knows-how-many recovery images, run many many many nandroid backups and restores and not once has anything like that happened.

Either way, there isn't anything I can do about it without a LOT more data/information.

EDIT: Did a quick google search and found this, but it's super old and seems to have been fixed since at least Android 2.2, possibly 2.1. Also, according to this comment, the LG Optimus One (and thus the Optimus S and other variants) do not have this specific issue.

Last edited:

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

No really Swear to God it happened to me on thekravens cm7.2 its definitely not a wipe ....it kinda like a grenade went off some files are untouched others gone completely then others incorrect file size, file names gibberish and the lost and found folder looks like a md5 sum nightmare that died and went straight to hell
............its eViL!
Undelete DOES NOT work after this happens
....eeevvviiilll!!!

Last edited:

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

were you using data2ext, app2sd, or any other data relocating method?

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

@drew, I think I just found another proof of the law of cybernetic entomology :D

backup and restore
advanced restore
(choose nandroid)
Restore sd-ext

Screen output:

Checking MD5 sums...
Restoring cache...

Restore complete!

Hoping it is sd-ext restore, and just reports cache incorrectly.

Here is the recovery.log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7y12630kq2pzx9/recovery.log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34