Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I noticed it this morning I have 2 backups with that date.......

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)-uploadfromtaptalk1340823442402.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Pkt_Lnt likes this.
    yes, that old

ROM
    Codename Android / franco

Default Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/201

Drew, getting some more info on the 1980 date issue. thekraven's new CAI 16, 16b, 16c have flash / boot issues. A logcat shows that same date.
    Code:
    <6>[ 95.247333] request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 95251073299 (1980-01-06 02:13:54.302528299 UTC)
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post1893687

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post1893991

Not saying it is COT, but would like to have your knowledge involved in this, might be related.
    Galaxy Nexus GSM
    [JB 4.3] [JWR66V] Cataclysm

T-Mobile $30 / 5Gb / 100 min Cellular | CSipSimple + voip.ms VoIP

Kindle Fire
    [JB 4.3] [JSS15J] AOSP for the Kindle Fire
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Caught it in action! It went back to the correct date and time when I turned airplane mode off. Anyway I'll shutup now as it really has nothing to do with the recovery. (Sorry Drew :o)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)-uploadfromtaptalk1340850120908.jpg  
    Last edited by Zhara; 06-27-2012 at 09:36 PM.

If I remember correctly, this 1980 date has something to do with time zero in the Unix and, therefore. Linux system, which is where the various kernels originate. Times are kept as an offset to some specific date in 1980.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #330  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Everyone that is experiencing this strange behavior, what ROM were you using when you made the backup that is displaying this date?
    Resident Teen

ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Everyone that is experiencing this strange behavior, what ROM were you using when you made the backup that is displaying this date?
    Quatramis for me. And this new rom over in the V forums called paranoid android

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #332  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by kylemaguire View Post
    Quatramis for me. And this new rom over in the V forums called paranoid android

Interesting. I'm going to wait for more responses before I make a hypothesis, but I have a hunch that this may be somehow related to the clock sync bug experienced in ICS-based ROMs. I will say though that the issues a few have had flashing CAI alpha16 are concerning.
    Last edited by drewwalton19216801; 06-28-2012 at 05:15 AM.

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Interesting. I'm going to wait for more responses before I make a hypothesis, but I have a hunch that this may be somehow related to the clock sync bug experienced in ICS-based ROMs. I will say though that the issues a few have had flashing CAI alpha16 are concerning.
    Just to kinda help support the "not drew's recovery" theory here, I've had that same thing happen two or the times, always with ICS roms, but using CWM.

Thanked by:
    yes, that old

ROM

Thekraven Cold as Ice a15f. Still not able to get past boot anim in a16 b-d.

edit - tdm quatrrimus nightly 06282012 that has the speaker phone fix flashes and boots fine. That speaker fix is where this problem began with CAI.

Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Pkt_Lnt; 06-28-2012 at 11:48 AM.

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

Quote Originally Posted by lichan View Post
    If I remember correctly, this 1980 date has something to do with time zero in the Unix and, therefore. Linux system, which is where the various kernels originate. Times are kept as an offset to some specific date in 1980.
    This is my understanding as well; I've seen this bug occur on the Optimus S in Xionia as well as COT. I've also seen it occur on the Kindle Fire in both an old CWM by the DooMLoRD and COT (only actually happened when the device died and I didn't allow the system to reset the clock before going to recovery).

Q:I tried to flash paranoid rom for the v I don't have service so I don't care about radio IV flashed v roms before but it wont let me with this one is it the rom or recovery? Or cause I look funny?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #337  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by vernotzy21 View Post
    Q:I tried to flash paranoid rom for the v I don't have service so I don't care about radio IV flashed v roms before but it wont let me with this one is it the rom or recovery? Or cause I look funny?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Error messages or logs please... saying "it won't let me flash it" means literally nothing.

ROM
    HydroROM 1.1.0/Hydro v1p4

ive seen a few of my backups over the last few months show the 1980 dates...not just with cannibal...but for the most part the timestamps are 3 hours off from my time zone
    yes, that old

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by pdxguy77 View Post
    ive seen a few of my backups over the last few months show the 1980 dates...not just with cannibal...but for the most part the timestamps are 3 hours off from my time zone
    Is your time zone 3 hours offset from GMT?

- via Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2
    yes, that old

ROM

Drew, do you have a quick list of error codes, [Status X]? I have gotten Status 0 errors on flashing a ROM, reboot recovery in COT and flash again is successful. I forget to save log, will get one if it happens again.

- via Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2
    Resident Teen

ROM
    Quattrimus

Error messages or logs please... saying "it won't let me flash it" means literally nothing.
    in this case, the developer left out some sound files and it screwed up the sig verification.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Just flashed this via recovery over v1.0.8, and man this is one awesome recovery! Love the auto backup feature!
    yes, that old

ROM

I keep getting [Status 0] errors, wish I knew why.
    Galaxy Nexus GSM

Kindle Fire

ROM
    Changes Daily

I really like this recovery also but I don't care for the auto backup..... Here's why.... I go into mounts & storage and format everything then wipe dalvik then flash a rom and it just made a backup of nothing

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

if you read the prompts it ask if you want to back up its not making you, I dislike the feature because I always make a fresh backup when I flash a new rom

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

Quote Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt View Post
    I keep getting [Status 0] errors, wish I knew why.

STATUS 0
    This is usually caused by an incompatible update-binary in edify ZIPs. Replacing it with a compatible one, then re-signing the ZIP, will usually fix this error.

I'm going to assume that an incompatible ROM is being installed or you forgot to set notepad++ to UNIX format (Edit-->EOL Conversion-->Convert to UNIX Format).
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0
    Thanked by:
    yes, that old

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post

STATUS 0
    This is usually caused by an incompatible update-binary in edify ZIPs. Replacing it with a compatible one, then re-signing the ZIP, will usually fix this error.

I'm going to assume that an incompatible ROM is being installed or you forgot to set notepad++ to UNIX format (Edit-->EOL Conversion-->Convert to UNIX Format).
    I was searching for Cannibal Status codes, never thought to try CWM, duh.

Nope, this was from the SuperSU zip and some of the fix zips for thekraven and tdm. Sometimes a second flash works, usually I have to power down fully and then use the three button direct to recovery and it works.

Only editing build.prop so far, but I do have notepad++ configured, thanks.
    Galaxy Nexus GSM

Kindle Fire
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

Did you have any memory errors when you flashed this recovery? I had it happen twice, and I almost didn't catch it the first time. Only the first few lines reported out of memory, but the rest of the lines stated that the rest of the blocks were written correctly. It happened the second time, but the third was a charm. That was the one and only time I flashed it from the ROM (via adb). Before that, I've always flashed it (via adb) from the recovery.
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0
    yes, that old

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    Did you have any memory errors when you flashed this recovery? I had it happen twice, and I almost didn't catch it the first time. Only the first few lines reported out of memory, but the rest of the lines stated that the rest of the blocks were written correctly. It happened the second time, but the third was a charm. That was the one and only time I flashed it from the ROM (via adb). Before that, I've always flashed it (via adb) from the recovery.
    No, I have gone back and forth between COT and CWMT using adb installs. I have a tall adb window open with plenty of buffer so I can scroll and check all output first. No errors. I gave up on the superSU zip and just installed from the Play store and used root explorer to delete the old superuser apk. The patches from thekraven and tdm make me wonder, especially with the problems now on CAI. Lubarsky, blame it on Lubarsky.
    Galaxy Nexus GSM

Kindle Fire
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #350  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    I really like this recovery also but I don't care for the auto backup..... Here's why.... I go into mounts & storage and format everything then wipe dalvik then flash a rom and it just made a backup of nothing

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Read the first post again. There are instructions on how to disable that feature.