Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

Love the bg changer... To think that original commit was just a PoC.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by sblood86 View Post
    Love the bg changer... To think that original commit was just a PoC.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
    Proof of concept, you say? Well I say proof of WINNING!
    Thanked by:
    sblood86 and epidenimus like this.

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

Default Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0 (It's....ALIVE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    I'm getting errors whenever to open a folder to flash a zip: Couldn't open directory
    No files found.

I've ejected the sdcard and checked it via computer and the files are there, yet the phone doesn't find them. Problem did not exist on v1.0. Was about to flash a14. Wiped Cache, Dalvik, boot, system (everything but data).

Edit: found a temp workaround by moving files to root of sdcard via computer. I'm just glad the opti uses an external sdcard, rather than internal sdcard (can't eject if phone stops working). All good now. Flashed ROM and back in business.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    That is very strange, especially so because I can't reproduce it. The even weirder part is NO CODE was changed between 1.0 and 1.0.1.
    Hey Drew... This is the same issue I've been having in the most recent (unreleased) version of the Kindle Recovery (github issue) as well, still working on what's actually causing it....

Edit: I'm hoping to have this fixed sometime before the end of the week, I've narrowed down when I broke it but not exactly where, bit of a failure on my part lol...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEO View Post
    Thanks Drew, downloading now. Can't wait to use it. The Recovery was the only thing not matching my red UI theme and now I can have a Touch Recovery and a matching UI ^_^
    You like the color red, you say? Well how about a sneak peek of things to come (notice the touch UI controls):

Thanked by:
    ShadowEO and sblood86 like this.

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

You like the color red, you say? Well how about a sneak peek of things to come (notice the touch UI controls):

Click to view quoted image
    Hackety Hack!!! :P
    drewwalton19216801 likes this.

Hey drew just had a idea, is it doable/possable to build a tiny OS .Img file you flash to the recovery
    say doshell/mc style file system (Wich this has) Im assuming the recovery .img use the kernel From android? Or its own tiny kernel?? . Boot the tiny os from the recovery then use a form of script Ala 2sd but from "recovery-data-sdcard" effectively readdressing the partitions of the phone allowing use of them all. The use of the screen_grab (or whatever that command was we talked about a few days ago) maybe run Linux apps with full screen? but like old school from the command line/shell, sound driver,wifi driver, keyboard/mouse interface. (Maybe take a page from hackerskeyboard(only see thru) and dosbox)?????????

Edit: this ^ is what happens to a nerd without a laptop/computer they steal their moms toaster and hack the **** out of it until it installs something and boots
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by vernotzy21 View Post
    Hey drew just had a idea, is it doable/possable to build a tiny OS .Img file you flash to the recovery
    say doshell/mc style file system (Wich this has) Im assuming the recovery .img use the kernel From android? Or its own tiny kernel?? . Boot the tiny os from the recovery then use a form of script Ala 2sd but from "recovery-data-sdcard" effectively readdressing the partitions of the phone allowing use of them all. The use of the screen_grab (or whatever that command was we talked about a few days ago) maybe run Linux apps with full screen? but like old school from the command line/shell, sound driver,wifi driver, keyboard/mouse interface. (Maybe take a page from hackerskeyboard(only see thru) and dosbox)?????????
    Uhh, no.

If you want to run REAL Linux apps/programs, use a REAL Linux box. Running Linux programs in Android recovery? Not likely.

Theoretically, it should be possible to use the sound driver in recovery (recovery-based music player?) but that's not something even remotely on the drawing board right now.

True and I agree but could it still be done? I mean the most basic os and yes a custom ui just for s and giggles. I mean it would totally be a novelty item

What would something like that take to build from the ground up?

[QUOTE=Theoretically, it should be possible to use the sound driver in recovery (recovery-based music player?) but that's not something even remotely on the drawing board right now.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good What are the cannibals video capabilitys? I'd bet $10 to $1 you got wifi figured out
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

True and I agree but could it still be done? I mean the most basic os and yes a custom ui just for s and giggles. I mean it would totally be a novelty item
    What would something like that take to build from the ground up?

That sounds good What are the cannibals video capabilitys? I'd bet $10 to $1 you got wifi figured out
    There are a million many better things I could do with my time than to turn ClockworkMod Recovery into a fully-functional OS. There's barely enough room for the recovery image as it is!
    sblood86 likes this.

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

There are a million many better things I could do with my time than to turn ClockworkMod Recovery into a fully-functional OS. There's barely enough room for the recovery image as it is! The end.
    To expand on that; I sure won't help you do it if you decide to try :P

Not even so much as games but web, video,music,nethack

..sorry don't mean to triple post
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Not even so much as games but web, video,music,nethack
    So you want me to build a recovery-based web browser and media player?

That'll be $500,000 and a crack team of developers, please.

Seriously though, you're barking up the way wrong tree. Better stop before something flies out and bites you in the face.

Drew makes me laugh.

Can you guide me to unpacking a boot.img?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I'm thinking of old school stuff. Like arachne,lynx some old school doslike mediaplayer
    ....I know your doing lots
    How big is the recovery partition? And is it negotiable?

I know a oldschool lynx text based browser is very small.... idk I got a ton crazy ideas what I need to to is become a good a programmer as you then go nuts with it

Ahhhh shucks! Lets face it I just want to turn anything and everything. Into a operating system......is that so wrong?
    I was a fan of opengem and arachne early boot disk/media tech.....now here I am like a moth to the flame and this recovery just screams BOOT ME!.....so I did and love it!

Sorry to pester just got high energy curiosity

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

I'm thinking of old school stuff. Like arachne,lynx some old school doslike mediaplayer
    ....I know your doing lots
    How big is the recovery partition? And is it negotiable?
    The fact of the matter is we are running out of space with the themes as it is; no it's not negotiable without losing the space in other partitions such as data or system (this would obviously be counterproductive). Wifi for downloading something (a zip) is one thing (config would be a hassle but it's actually possible), we do NOT need or really even have a use for Audio and it's not worth the headache to try to add it, end of story.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    Drew makes me laugh.

Can you guide me to unpacking a boot.img?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    There's a guide here: HOWTO: Unpack, Edit, and Re-Pack Boot Images - Android Wiki

If you're on Linux, a handy little program called abootimg will help
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Default Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.2 (It's....ALIVE!)

Release Announcement:
    Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.2 has been released! With v1.0.2, the Colorific theme engine now loads sets of touch button images based on the current theme. Unfortunately these are not hot-swappable, so your theme changes will not be fully seen until a successive reboot of recovery (AFTER changing themes).

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

So you want me to build a recovery-based web browser and media player?

That'll be $500,000 and a crack team of developers, please.

Seriously though, you're barking up the way wrong tree. Better stop before something flies out and bites you in the face.
    Lmao
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Only one little issue for me on this fantastic recovery is that the touch buttons' input response zone seems to go the entire length of the screen. That seems a little excessive, even for my Shrek fingers. For instance, touching on the second text option triggers whichever action button my fnger is directly over. If it happens to be the enter button, then my phone starts doing whatever action was highlighted at the time and it freaks me out. Nothing I can't get used to, but could it easily be adjusted to maybe just the bottom third of the touchscreen? Knowing the power this thing has, I am afraid to try swiping down, but someone else might.

Also, the install works just fine in Terminal Emulator for those who don't want to fire up ADB or don't have a computer available. Just be sure to enter the command and your filepath exactly; renaming the file to "recovery.img" helps make it easier.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

Drew, I'm having the same problem with 1.0.2, when I try to flash a new rom it says "could not open directory" "file not found". Reason?

sent from my icy cold beta1using inverted T.T.2
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

That is very strange, especially so because I can't reproduce it. The even weirder part is NO CODE was changed between 1.0 and 1.0.1.
    I'm having the same issue, no matter where I have the file it says can't find them.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Move em to root of SD.
    Thanked by:

Where does the time stamp pull from? ie. battery level: X% at Y time. I am showing 4 hours ahead of local time.

ctgova

ROM
    Drew's CM10

Click to view quoted image
    Omg drew that.. Is.. Beautiful!! I love it. Your recovery will stay on this phone till the end of time now.

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast