[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.2 (It's....ALIVE!)

I've actually been able to reproduce the error. What seems to have triggered it was downloading a file from the Android web browser. :confused:

Yep this is my fault; I changed code that was already working trying to make it slightly cleaner and accidentally broke this as well. Annoying bit with functions being called on every key press. Drew has resolved it and it should be fixed in the next release (big thanks to Drew for saving me the headache of reverting my repo back to the 13th to try to track this).

Edit: For those who may have been wondering about their phone or sdcard; fear not, this is actually an issue with the sdcard being unmounted at un-opportuned (there's a red line there, I thought that was right, meh) times and has nothing to do with the sdcard or the phone, your hardware is not the cause of this error.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewwalton19216801

ctgova

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.3 (It's....ALIVE!)

I had to reboot first or else I got the -1 error when trying to flash from terminal emulator. Everything is working as expected so far.
ctgova

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
.... and if you really phat finger it during first use and start punching phone buttons, it works like Xionia that you just replaced.. :D

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 & Tapatalk

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

I get a constant out of memory error keeps scrolling thru

memerror.png

what memory am i out of

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you positive this isn't simple user error and you're not just choosing an empty directory. Because that error only happens when you choose an empty directory (or a directory with all hidden files). Try creating a NEW directory and throw the ZIP in there.

I literally cannot reproduce this error, unless I choose a directory known to be empty.

No I got the directory error as well but in the first release

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

was when trying to install version 2

just tried the latest one v3, and it worked great.

Thanks drew no recovery is awesome.

When you get the "out of memory" error just reboot your phone and try again.

No I got the directory error as well but in the first release

A little late much? :p

v1.0.3 fixes the issue completely.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I flashed v2 and got the write errors. Booted back and saw v3 so dl'ed. Got the error first two times, third attempt worked. Rebooted between each try.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14+6/11 patch & Tapatalk

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Drew this is awsome now if we could implement the defibulator function to restart my heart after Havering a heart attack because of the awesomeness :thumbup:

I haven't got the out of mem error is it fixed in 1.0.3? If not how do you reproduce(I wanna see)

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Drew this is awsome now if we could implement the defibulator function to restart my heart after Havering a heart attack because of the awesomeness :thumbup:

I haven't got the out of mem error is it fixed in 1.0.3? If not how do you reproduce(I wanna see)

The "out of memory" error is completely random and is NOT a bug in the recovery.

There is no reliable way to reproduce it. Why would you WANT an error to occur?

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Idk something to do? Learn....maybe figure it out....I'm bored and bummed about certain unmentionable thread being recently closed
My suggestion/request is that you use your skills to make something else that folks would want to use instead of trying to pound square pegs into a round hole. If you're into that kind of thing, try porting! :D

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
No PC if I had one I'd be all over it and if I had one I'd probably pester drew less about insane ideas

By the way drew thanks for entertaining all of my insane ideas

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion/request is that you use your skills to make something else that folks would want to use instead of trying to pound square pegs into a round hole. If you're into that kind of thing, try porting! :D

Had to read it a cpl of times and its true my mom took my hammer peg toy away just for that reason however MY WIFE. Talking about getting a new laptop giving me her old one if she does I will
Everyone that thinks its a good idea:D and encourage her to get herself a new laptop and it will happen it would be my first rom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463