[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.7 (GooManager support FIX

Generally if we say something doesn't work their is a reason, quite frankly your lucky if you don't brick something going around like that.

Wait a little while than complain some more (anyone watching the source tree will get my meaning here).

Edit: apparently Drew beat me to the punch there.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Wasn't complaining, just thought I'd provide a little extra feedback in an attempt to be helpful. I did realize there was a chance of bricking.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Wasn't complaining, just thought I'd provide a little extra feedback in an attempt to be helpful. I did realize there was a chance of bricking.

No worries, I wasn't meaning to be harsh in my response either; seen a lot of bricks over in the kindle forums lately from people using a recovery with big warnings saying to stop. I didn't mean to imply you were complaining so much as trying to suggest to everyone that if they are interested in progress to watch the source repo ;)

I haven't even been able to flash this new build, I got ORS working last night but do to the amend stuff Drew mentioned broke normal flashing; at some point I need to update my phone cause currently it will ONLY flash roms from goo manager...

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Just a thought, but would it be possible since you guys now have ORS working to make the recovery receive updates through GooManager? :D

That would be amazing :)

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

In my quest to get tdm to add support for this recovery to his RomKeeper for the LS670 builds, I asked if he planned to include open source scripting. Searches for documentation do not show me anything that appears ("appears" to a non-dev could be wrong). Do one of you, drew or sblood, have a link to it. PM is fine to not go off subject too much. I looked at your profiles and github links, it may be there and I don't fully understand. Watching the kindle carnage as well. :(

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Just a thought, but would it be possible since you guys now have ORS working to make the recovery receive updates through GooManager? :D

That would be amazing :)

That's what the GooManager app is for, isn't it? ;)

In my quest to get tdm to add support for this recovery to his RomKeeper for the LS670 builds, I asked if he planned to include open source scripting. Searches for documentation do not show me anything that appears ("appears" to a non-dev could be wrong). Do one of you, drew or sblood, have a link to it. PM is fine to not go off subject too much. I looked at your profiles and github links, it may be there and I don't fully understand. Watching the kindle carnage as well. :(

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. OpenRecoveryScript is fully supported by Cannibal Open Touch as of v1.0.7.

I think me flashing recoveries is catching up with my rom flashing. :p

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Well get ready to flash another one...

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I think you are talking about the actual documentation or whatever for the use of ORS itself, DeesTroy documented it on the TeamWin site here, to add ORS support to an app like RomKeeper one only needs to follow the script requirements outlined there.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. OpenRecoveryScript is fully supported by Cannibal Open Touch as of v1.0.7.

I am asking for an OpenRecoveryScript documentation link to pass on to @tdm to incorporate in his RomKeeper app so it will also work with Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.7.

I think you are talking about the actual documentation or whatever for the use of ORS itself, DeesTroy documented it on the TeamWin site here, to add ORS support to an app like RomKeeper one only needs to follow the script requirements outlined there.

That is precisely what I was asking. Thank you!

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.8 (sig verification FIXED

Code:
mtd: write error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: re-read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)

These 3 lines keep repeating every time I try to flash 1.0.7. Why?

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Code:
mtd: re-read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)

These 3 lines keep repeating every time I try to flash 1.0.7. Why?

Known issue. Reboot and run adb commands again. And update to 1.0.8 :)

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS alpha 15 linaro2 & Tapatalk 2

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Dang. Just flashed 06 earlier today. ;) I'll have to put this on soon. Fine work.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Ok so I tried flashing the latest version 1.0.8. when I try to reboot into recovery it stays at the LG logo. I tried going back to 1.0.5 and when I typed "flash_image recovery /sdcard/Cannibal-v5.img(this is what i renamed it too) this came up in adb Usage: flash_image partition file.img and then the # came back up, but I still can not get into recovery. It stays at the lg logo.

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok so I tried flashing the latest version 1.0.8. when I try to reboot into recovery it stays at the LG logo. I tried going back to 1.0.5 and when I typed "flash_image /sdcard/Cannibal-v5.img this came up in adb Usage: flash_image partition file.img and then the # came back up, but I still can not get into recovery. It stays at the lg logo.

You left out the partition

flash_image recovery /sdcard/Cannibal-v5.img

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

You left out the partition

typo on my part while typing this post, This is the actual readout from ADB.
# flash_image recovery/sdcard/Cannibal-v5.img
flash_image recovery/sdcard/Cannibal-v5.img
usage: flash_image partition file.img
# reboot recovery
reboot recovery

EDIT 1
: I got 1.0.5 reinstalled using
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/Cannibal-v5.img
# reboot recovery
reboot recovery
will try again with 1.0.8

EDIT 2: Tried to again install the Cannibal 1.0.8 using just flash_image recovery/sdcard/Cannibal-v8.img
got stuck at the LG logo again, but this time it rebooted back into android on it's own. I then adb shell back into recovery and 1.0.8 came up.

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
# reboot recovery
reboot recovery

Double check image name. Did you rename it? That is not image name of download.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS ROM & Tapatalk

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
EDIT 2: Tried to again install the Cannibal 1.0.8 using just flash_image recovery/sdcard/Cannibal-v8.img
got stuck at the LG logo again, but this time it rebooted back into android on it's own. I then adb shell back into recovery and 1.0.8 came up.

Check the syntax. Make sure of the spacing etc.

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

# reboot recovery
reboot recovery

EDIT 1
: I got 1.0.5 reinstalled using
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/Cannibal-v5.img
# reboot recovery
reboot recovery
will try again with 1.0.8

In addition to what pkt_lnt said put a space after recovery
Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/<correct file name>

it's a 3 argument command; flash_image calls the command with argument 1, argument 2 is recovery (this assigns the flash location) argument 3 is the file to be flashed. You have it written as 2 arguments.

Edit: you have it written correctly (with a space) in your first edit there, and someone beat me to that answer as well lol...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey