ARCHIVED: [Custom Recovery] Optimus S/ Thunderc-sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr34v0

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Um... What does it mean when it says to extract them to the root of the SD? How do I access that? Because I don't see anything different on my SD card from before I rooted to now.

oldblue137

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Um... What does it mean when it says to extract them to the root of the SD? How do I access that? Because I don't see anything different on my SD card from before I rooted to now.

"Root of [drive]" means the topmost "directory" that lists all the files and directories on the drive. Like when you open Windows Explorer and go to your C: and you see a long list of directories (Windows, Program Files, Documents and Settings, etc.) that is the root of the c:. The root of your SD is just the very first thing you see when you open it on your computer. Another way of saying it is place the files on your SD card, but not within a directory on your SD card.

And that ladies and gentleman, is what we call over explanation :)

Reactions: mike9670

beerock

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I feel like I have never done this before

I have been around android phones since the hero release, I have followed these instruction to the T several times. Everything went as expected but when I do reboot recovery it goes from lg splash to just a blank backlit screen. I can then press the menu button and the phone boots up to android but never do I see any kind of recovery.

What have I done wrong....?? I got no errors through the process except for the moving install-.sh it was not in the etc folder. so I moved on.

any help is appreciated.

I rooted with the gingerbreak.apk and everything went smoothly.

I appreciate anyones 2cents! :D

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been around android phones since the hero release, I have followed these instruction to the T several times. Everything went as expected but when I do reboot recovery it goes from lg splash to just a blank backlit screen. I can then press the menu button and the phone boots up to android but never do I see any kind of recovery.

What have I done wrong....?? I got no errors through the process except for the moving install-.sh it was not in the etc folder. so I moved on.

any help is appreciated.

I rooted with the gingerbreak.apk and everything went smoothly.

I appreciate anyones 2cents! :D

You must have the newer lcd. Look for Xionia custom recovery by Zefie on the main page. It works with the newer lcd's.

Sent by Tapatalk ----- Optimus s

Reactions: beerock

beerock

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
You must have the newer lcd. Look for Xionia custom recovery by Zefie on the main page. It works with the newer lcd's.

Awesome my friend... I thought I was loosing it. I wish I would have searched a bit longer. Anyhoo you saved the day.

Herk_FE

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok dumb question yes I searched but I have a feeling this has to have been answered somewhere.

If I do another nandroid back up after flashing to a new rom do I lose my old back up? Or does it just create another back up?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok dumb question yes I searched but I have a feeling this has to have been answered somewhere.

If I do another nandroid back up after flashing to a new rom do I lose my old back up? Or does it just create another back up?

Good question. I asked the same thing when I started out. It will just create another. It's a great thing.

Reactions: Herk_FE

Herk_FE

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Good question. I asked the same thing when I started out. It will just create another. It's a great thing.

Outstanding I didn't want to lose my factory backup with all my stuff trying to back up my new custom rom.

Thanks for the prompt response!

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Outstanding I didn't want to lose my factory backup with all my stuff trying to back up my new custom rom.

Thanks for the prompt response!

No problem. And NO question is "dumb". I don't care what anyone says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon