ARCHIVED: [OC Kernel] Xionia Kernel 2.6.32.33 (v013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonKei

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the hard work on this kernel, zefie.
I'm plagued by the laggy phone after flashing the kernel however -- odd because it's not consistant, tried re-flashing/wifi/waiting for lock/airplane mode/rebooting.. no dice.. so I've restored to my nandroid backup pre-flashing. I'll keep my eye in for updates. Good stuff!

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I really appreciate you developing this Kernel for the Optimus.

I know that I should have fully read this thread and been more aware of the lag issues prior to installing the Kernel but I didn't.

Can someone please tell me how to uninstall the Xionia Kernel and go back to ThundeROM V1.3???
(Note: I have NOT created a nandroid backup since installing ThundeROM so if there is a way to remove the Kernel but keep ThundeROM w/o a re-install, I'd appreciate it)

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughtful feedback and thanks for your hard work in developing material for the Optimus S.

infid3lkastro

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
quadrant numbers went from 980+ to 480ish. everything/apps get laggy - tried with wifi off, reboot ... all that. off to reflash thundeROM.

EDIT:

after i set cpu governor to ondemand quadrant went back up to 890. back of the phone feels a bit warmer than usual.

Last edited:

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your help scmastertech and others, I was able to re-flash ThunderROM 1.3 and the device is back to normal :)

Also, thanks to Zefie and others who are taking the time to provide us with customizations for the Optimus S.

infid3lkastro

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
i messed around with setting the governor a little bit trying to figure this one out. but it wasn't until i installed an OC widget on homescreen (i was stable @768) and setCPU to ondemand that the phone really felt snappy. just to mess with it, i chk'd the quadrant no.s and they were the highest i've seen for my phone (1200+). this was true for both ROMs i chk'd.

infid3lkastro

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
sorry i may have misinformed you, the widget is not all that important. as long as governor in setcpu is set to ondemand per @zeffie's instructions, you can OC thru profiles.

infid3lkastro

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
zefie, first off congrats on the awesome update for the kernel. i flashed kernel0.2 over my thundeROM install and i'm glad to say my lag issues are gone. there was a hint of choppiness in the graphics (if that makes any sense) when i opened appdrawer right after flashing. ran linpack+quadrant scores and they're significantly higher (7.97/1200) than i've seen them on my optimus w/o OC. thank you so much!

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
some choppiness is from apps2sd loading if you have alot of apps on your sd card it may take a bit to smooth out. nothing I can really do about that.

Reactions: infid3lkastro

infid3lkastro

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
some choppiness is from apps2sd loading if you have alot of apps on your sd card it may take a bit to smooth out. nothing I can really do about that.

thanks for explaining this, zefie. i have a 2GB SD of which 1GB is free (and 114MB free on internal). i've read what you+others have posted about the need to invest in better cards (class 6+?).
i'll be checking ebay i guess.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey zefie, there might be a problem with your lib/modules/wireless.ko included with the kernel. I can't get wifi to enable. I'm looking into it now because it might have to do with my ROM as well.

Last edited:

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey zefie, there might be a problem with your lib/modules/wireless.ko included with the kernel. I can't get wifi to enable. I'm looking into it now because it might have to do with my ROM as well.

there was an issue with 002 (for hotspot tethering) but it should be fine on 003 (hotspot and client work fine for me with wpa on both)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara