ARCHIVED: [OC Kernel] Xionia Kernel 2.6.32.33 (v013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Ugh still no dice. I'm terribly sorry, but v011 and both v012's do not work.. if

This is saddening news... perhaps I'll have to call Asurion and see if I can't get a new old phone lol... or go to a Sprint repair center and see what they can do... Man, this sucks. Not your fault of course, Zefie. Accursed LG....:'(

I don't understand why either especially if CWMA 4 works coz i basically just took LGE's VD kernel, and updated it to .33. That in itself didnt touch the drivers so I don't see why it would break any compatibility that was there. I would really like one of these devices to toy with :/

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Well that was weird. I'm on CM7...was on the kernel that came with it, (v009 maybe?). Went into recovery, flashed V012 boot.img, rebooted. Got the SPRINT splash screen...sprint, not Scott Pilgrim. and it froze on the sprint screen, had to pull battery....Also only got one LG screen before the sprint logo, (normally it's grey LG logo, then red LG logo, then Scotty P starts rocking out on his guitar...).

Restoring nandroid and giving experimental a shot...

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Well that was weird. I'm on CM7...was on the kernel that came with it, (v009 maybe?). Went into recovery, flashed V012 boot.img, rebooted. Got the SPRINT splash screen...sprint, not Scott Pilgrim. and it froze on the sprint screen....Also only got one LG screen before the sprint logo, (normally it's grey LG logo, then red LG logo, then Scotty P starts rocking out on his guitar...).

Restoring nandroid and giving experimental a shot...

yeah dont use boot.img with cm7 or anything besides stock really ;p

Reactions: shortyjacobs

Azaelius

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If I ever get an extra I'd be more than happy to send you mine, though I don't really have a superfluous $100 to get sent another Optimus to replace it, so no go unfortunately.

Ugh this is so frustrating! I think I am going to go to the Sprint repair center and complain and show them the difference in screen colors and brightness (the new LCD's are quite green tinged compared to the older ones which are very red, and they are also MUCH dimmer) and hopefully they can get me an older model with the older lcd.

EDIT: To make 100% sure I've been doing this right, you DO want the kernels flashed through recovery, and not an adb shell, correct?

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
if a sprint dealer here or anyone with some extras want to hook me up with one of these new cursed devices I'd be happy to see if I can't get Xionia to work on it.

Even if it was only a loaner. Anyone who is interesting in donating one to me or loaning me one should PM me.
It shouldn't need active service so even a bad esn should work. I just need to make it boot with picture afaik, right? :p

Azaelius

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
if a sprint dealer here or anyone with some extras want to hook me up with one of these new cursed devices I'd be happy to see if I can't get Xionia to work on it.

Even if it was only a loaner. Anyone who is interesting in donating one to me or loaning me one should PM me.
It shouldn't need active service so even a bad esn should work. I just need to make it boot with picture afaik, right? :p

Damn! now I really wish I could find my old Moment... I'd totally send my Optimus to you. If I find that bastard device anywhere (lost in the chasm of my house somewhere), I'll pm you.

Guppy

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So I want to put your kernel on my stock optimus s that is on ZVD and rooted with cwma.5 but I want to make sure that this works before do it. Also how would I control the clock speed on a stcok phone

Azaelius

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So I want to put your kernel on my stock optimus s that is on ZVD and rooted with cwma.5 but I want to make sure that this works before do it. Also how would I control the clock speed on a stcok phone

Obviously, I am not zefie. However, if CWMA.5 is working on your phone, I would assume that means that any of the Xionia kernels will work for you as well, and I would, from what I've read here, suggest v012, though I am unsure of which one of the two v012's Zefie suggests.

Also, do a backup through recovery before flashing the kernel, that way if anything goes bonkers, you can always revert quite easily.

And for your last question, I bought SetCPU from the android market to support the guys who made it, and it does work wonders for controlling clock speed. Great for underclocking stock rooted phones and overclocking phones with an OC kernel. I highly recommend it, though that is merely my opinion, as there are others available.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
zefie could it be that my phone has the new lcd hardware? i have full function just cant see nothing. its like when i downgraded to zv9 to root. and if so i take it it wont be compatiable with your kernnel? im new at this so i figured id ask.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
zefie could it be that my phone has the new lcd hardware? i have full function just cant see nothing. its like when i downgraded to zv9 to root. and if so i take it it wont be compatiable with your kernnel? im new at this so i figured id ask.

Hold out for a little while v013 may fix the LCD/blank screen issue once and for all :)

I noticed a little difference between LGE's and mine... :)

Reactions: 00_wrath_00

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
i've gone ahead and released v013 without your confirmation I'm fairly confident this should fix it but who knows. Those with blank LCD issues please try 013 experimental

Reactions: 00_wrath_00
Status
Not open for further replies.