ARCHIVED: [OC Kernel] Xionia Kernel 2.6.32.33 (v013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I know nothing about kernels so sorry if I'm way off here, but what about enabling RNDIS for wired tether?

slipd

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Why? Not to be mean or anything I just see no practical use for it. You need an android-networking-enabled cifs mount system as well. ASTRO is a free file manager which supports SMB shares without any kernel hacks.

Checkout CifsManager in the market...

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
new kernel released.

if anyone wants VPN fixed help me with this:
Code:
D/mtpd    ( 2341): Waiting for control socket
D/SProxy_mtpd( 2280): mtpd is running after 200 msec
D/mtpd    ( 2341): Received 20 arguments
I/mtpd    ( 2341): Using protocol pptp
I/mtpd    ( 2341): Connecting to 192.168.2.1 port 1723
I/SProxy_mtpd( 2280): got data from control socket: 20
I/mtpd    ( 2341): Connection established (socket = 11)
D/mtpd    ( 2341): Sending SCCRQ
D/mtpd    ( 2341): Received SCCRP -> Sending OCRQ (local = 8251)
I/mtpd    ( 2341): Tunnel established
D/mtpd    ( 2341): Received OCRQ (remote = 0)
I/mtpd    ( 2341): Session established
I/mtpd    ( 2341): Creating PPPoX socket
F/mtpd    ( 2341): Connect() Operation not permitted

I added pppox, so idk what the issue is now.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I know nothing about kernels so sorry if I'm way off here, but what about enabling RNDIS for wired tether?

btw there is a form of rndis ..

btw remember that hiddenmenu you posted..

CDG2 Settings -> Data Setting > DUN NAI hit no (doesn't save after reboot)

now plug into windows and dial up like modem

bam wired tether

Reactions: Nick7

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
btw there is a form of rndis ..

btw remember that hiddenmenu you posted..

CDG2 Settings -> Data Setting > DUN NAI hit no (doesn't save after reboot)

now plug into windows and dial up like modem

bam wired tether

Thanks a lot zefie, I'm going to play around with this.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Currently using ThunderROM 1.5 and just wondering if there's any major advantage to using this over the kernel included there? At the most I'd probably just overclock to 700mhz or so, as not to kill the fantastic battery life this phone has. If the other optimizations in the kernel and the small overclock would be worth it, is it just a matter of replacing the kernel through "flash from zip" then using a tool to overclock? Is it pretty set it and forget it after that, or does the overclock require constant "baby-sitting" to run reliably? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
ThundeROM does not write a kernel to your phone, it uses the stock kernel. All you need to do is flash the zip file. Set your clock speed with set cpu at boot and you're good to go.

mykenyc

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Would you consider CFS, i remember when i had my Nexus One i use to use that over BFS, i never really understood the difference, i'm sure i can google it, but for some reason to me, my battery life was even better. So are you doing only BFS? Or a branch off of the two.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps some optimizing of how images are rendered? When I look at a picture in any program it takes >30 seconds. Any possibilities here?

what do you mean? mostly likely that is something to do with the Android system, but I can still take a look.

Would you consider CFS, i remember when i had my Nexus One i use to use that over BFS, i never really understood the difference, i'm sure i can google it, but for some reason to me, my battery life was even better. So are you doing only BFS? Or a branch off of the two.

I have tested both extensively and the major lag buster was switching to BFS. For some reason we have an obnoxious lag with Wifi and SD Card loading/unloading activity on CFS, or whatever the standard is. I even tried that new "miracle patch" for auto scheduling using CGroups.

If you really want Xionia Kernel with CFS, here is the patch I used for BFS:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11516160/OptimusS/taskgroup-2.6.38-backport-2.6.32.patch

To get my kernel source up to 005:

Download an extract 004 source.
cd thunderc_kernel_2.6.32.26/
adb dump /proc/config.gz
unzip config.gz
mv config .config

To remove BFS:
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11516160/OptimusS/taskgroup-2.6.38-backport-2.6.32.patch

patch --dry-run -p1 < taskgroup-2.6.38-backport-2.6.32.patch

If there are no errors, (ignore warnings about "fuzz" or "offset"), remove "--dry-run" to make it real.

patch -p1 < taskgroup-2.6.38-backport-2.6.32.patch

Update the config:
make oldconfig

Now you have 005 source without BFS.

Or just try 002 :)

Last edited:

mykenyc

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean? mostly likely that is something to do with the Android system, but I can still take a look.

I have tested both extensively and the major lag buster was switching to BFS. For some reason we have an obnoxious lag with Wifi and SD Card loading/unloading activity on CFS, or whatever the standard is. I even tried that new "miracle patch" for auto scheduling using CGroups.

If you really want Xionia Kernel with CFS, here is the patch I used for BFS:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11516160/OptimusS/taskgroup-2.6.38-backport-2.6.32.patch

To get my kernel source up to 005:

Download an extract 004 source.
cd thunderc_kernel_2.6.32.26/
adb dump /proc/config.gz
unzip config.gz
mv config .config

To remove BFS:
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11516160/OptimusS/taskgroup-2.6.38-backport-2.6.32.patch

patch --dry-run -p1 < taskgroup-2.6.38-backport-2.6.32.patch

If there are no errors, (ignore warnings about "fuzz" or "offset"), remove "--dry-run" to make it real.

patch -p1 < taskgroup-2.6.38-backport-2.6.32.patch

Update the config:
make oldconfig

Now you have 005 source without BFS.

Or just try 002 :)

Lol okay, and i really appreciate it, will just play with CFS but use yours exclusively.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Lol okay, and i really appreciate it, will just play with CFS but use yours exclusively.

Yeah, Xionia 002 had CFS, you might notice the difference :p

Honestly my battery life has been fine.
I fell asleep one night with it off the charger, it was off for a total of 16 hours, just doing its idle things, checking email, syncing, i had a few tweets, ect. It used about 14% battery in that entire time.

I think that's good for Android, eh?

rossum

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the work.

Two questions:

- Will just installing this kernel with the stock ROM give any speed increase?
- Will installing this kernel with the stock ROM cause it to not do the OTA update to 2.3, when it's available?

Thanks

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the work.

Two questions:

- Will just installing this kernel with the stock ROM give any speed increase?
- Will installing this kernel with the stock ROM cause it to not do the OTA update to 2.3, when it's available?

Thanks

1. maybe
2. shouldn't.

bugmage

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Woot!
200+ apps installed
Thunderrom 1.5 with delux build prop
LuncherPro
Xionia
Overclocked MAX 768 MIN 122
just got 1304 in quadrant
SetCPU and Juice Defender

This kernal is not laggy SetCPU is. I tried turning down the refresh to 20k to be more responsive but I was still dissatisfied with it.
Then I flashed this rom and now had 'interactive' Governor option which is the best thing ever! USE IT!
Your phone will be super snappy while still underclocking/Overclocking to the lowest setting

ALSO Leave the SETCUP widget on Passive, the speed improvement is night and day with the UI, I just ended up not using it because I didn't want someone to play with my phone and accidentally overclock and crash it via the widget shortcut lol

This are my tips, Thanks for all your hard work, this phone rocks

Last edited:

neilgoldstein

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Woot!
200+ apps installed
Thunderrom 1.5 with delux build prop
LuncherPro
Xionia
Overclocked MAX 768 MIN 122
just got 1304 in quadrant
SetCPU and Juice Defender

This kernal is not laggy SetCPU is, if you turn on the 'interactive' Governor

Your phone will be super snappy while still underclocking/Overclocking to the lowest setting

Sorry for the stupid question: are you saying that it is laggy IF we turn on the interactive governor, or that it is SNAPPY if we turn it on?

bugmage

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Good Catch :)
Its snappy when you USE it
I was shocked when I turned it on it was so snappy, especially with launcher pro and the 3d app tray and switching screens

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Good Catch :)
Its snappy when you USE it
I was shocked when I turned it on it was so snappy, especially with launcher pro and the 3d app tray and switching screens

Decided to go ahead and take the plunge with SetCPU finally. Doing 122/729 with interactive and 122/600 with interactive after the battery drops below 50%. Hopefully this doesn't kill the battery too badly.

Have you experienced any issues with anything while in the 122 state? Thought I'd read previously that that can be too low for certain actions to occur reliably.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams