Page 1 of 36 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Default [DEAD ROM] nROM v1.6.3

[note] This ROM has been discontinued in light of a new project that you can find . [/note]

v1.6.3 is available. Check the changelog and enjoy!

Information:
    This is my first shot at a custom ROM. I've learned a lot and am still trying my best to give you guys the best experience possible with your LG Optimus S. I would appreciate any feedback/comments/criticism. If you like my ROM please remember to thank my post

* This does not erase /data so no need to back up apps.
    * Long press "search" for voice to text. VTT button is now mapped to "phone."
    * Need force roaming? Use the "Roaming" app in my ROM.
    * Want the widget in my attached pictures? Get it

Instructions:
    Disclaimer (as usual):
    Use at your own risk, I am not responsible for any bricked devices, yada yada, etc etc.

1. Ensure that your phone is rooted and you have a custom recovery.
    2. Update your PRL and profile before flashing.
    3. Get nROM . Place on root of SD card.
    4. Boot to recovery. Wiping data is not necessary.
    5. Flash nROM.
    6. Boot up.
    7. If you would like to change the theme, visit the and follow the instructions.

Mods:
    * Stock voicemail application. Installs as a normal app.
    * Stock email. Flashable through recovery. Installs the stock email client.
    * Stock calculator. Flashable through recovery. Installs the stock recovery and removes RealCalc.
    * Voice Dialer. Flashable through recovery. Removes my custom key mapping and installs Sprint's voice dialer application.

All mods can be picked up from my .

Features:
    * Usual ROM optimization.
    * Around 160 mb of space to install applications.
    * Includes zefie's Xionia kernel 011 - capable of overclocking.
    * Ported Burst GatorBoots theme with white circle battery mod and reboot mod.
    * Remapped "voice" button to "call." Long press "search" for voice input.
    * Added :
    • LauncherPro
    • ES file explorer
    • LG weather/news widget
    • Spare Parts
    • Terminal Emulator
    • Wireless Tether
    • Alarm Clock
    • RealCalc
    • Music Mod
    • Force Roaming

Editing your build.prop
    * Open the terminal emulator app found in nROM.
    * Type "su"
    * Type "sh /system/tweaks"
    * Follow the prompt.

Overclocking:
    To overclock on this ROM you first need to get the SetCPU application. SetCPU is also available on the market. Copy it to your SD card and install it using a file manager. Launch the application and change the max to 768000. I do not recommend going any higher than this because the phone may become unstable and freeze or reboot.

Credit:
    * kazea182 for hosting nROM.
    * dsixda for his ROM kitchen.
    * zefie for his kernel.
    * ruigui for his build.prop tweaks script.
    * Eliot Stocker for his music mod.
    * Burst for his theme. <3
    * untermensch for his reboot mod tutorial.
    * The internet.

Donations:
    Donations go to a good cause (feeding me). They are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

ROM Archive
    If anyone is interested in previous releases you can check out my ROM archive. Use this in conjunction with the change log. The ROM archive is .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [DEAD ROM] nROM v1.6.3-nrom.jpg   [DEAD ROM] nROM v1.6.3-nrom2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KSmithInNY; 04-20-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Thanked by 33:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks going to try it out.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Have any screenshots?

ROM
    AOKP Stable

Always nice to see new Roms pop up thanks for giving it to us. DL and flashing now

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always Flashing Who Knows

Nick7 I am so happy to see more great roms developing I just of course have to ask just a few questions before I flash this new rom of course is it stable, the other is you said in the change log you did some tweaks to the task killer did you make it so that it kills stuff faster cuz there are always big boy apps running and I was always before froyo I always using task killers and I didn't want to download a kask killer if it would give the rom more probblems and to everyone helping on this great job guys will deff give feed back asap lol

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ROM

And have you personely tested zefies kernel with this rom or it not compatible? And or is it going to only be compatible with your kernel?

ROM
    AOKP Stable

Everything seems to be working fine all my apps are on it now no problems i can see (wifi works,bluetooth,ect.)

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

Any screen shots?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

prittyboy203 - the task killer tweak is very subtle and should not affect any of your applications getting killed prematurely. Also, yes I tested Zefie's kernel and it works just great.

Screenshots posted.
    Thanked by:
    kalex 

ROM
    thundeROM 1.5 / xionia

i believe variety is indeed the spice of life, so more ROMS = spicy optimus, i just downloaded this, will try it out l8r on and report back.
    thank you for all the hard work you've put into this, Nick7. devs rock!

EDIT:
    i had launcher pro installed prior to flashing your ROM, so i was able to avoid sprint id's that way. hotspot widget size is not compatible, but deleting it and adding it back to your homescreen works. all apps are there/functional. phone feels a bit slow, tried tweaking/turning off cpu-governor to no avail. off to reflash thundeROM. again, thank you dev.
    here are are some b4 and after stats:
    img1&2 are thundeROM
    img 3&4 are "nameless"ROM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [DEAD ROM] nROM v1.6.3-screenshot_1.png   [DEAD ROM] nROM v1.6.3-screenshot_2.png   [DEAD ROM] nROM v1.6.3-screenshot_3.png   [DEAD ROM] nROM v1.6.3-screenshot_4.png  
    Last edited by infid3lkastro; 12-07-2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ROM

How do you have the htc hero clock on your screen I couldnt find it and I like the little black and white theming you guys did looks cool only thing I'm not liking is for some reason odly I always have great service where I am and with any hacks I have done never messed with this now I get more 1x data and its a drag but I already know all the tricks to fix it and it when away for now lol and what is this mean you said you ported something what was is and what dose it mean for helping this rom thanks for everyones hard work on the rom :-)
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

The lower quadrant and linpack scores are due to jit and stagefright not being enabled. I'm still deciding if these tweaks are worth adding. Added in v0.3 for testing.

Prittyboy203- The HTC-like clock and weather widget is called "fancy widget." You should be able to find it with a quick google search. I ported a theme from SDX developers. The author is Burst and the theme is named GatorBoots. So the port is purely for visual effect.
    Last edited by Nick7; 12-07-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ROM

Ok got ya thanks im deff going to get that I actually bout the hero phone cuz of it that was the deal breaker looks so hot on android haha
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Glad I could help.

v0.3 released!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ROM

What there is already a 3 haha I did have alot if trouble flashing back to a nand I just made before flashing your rom it kept putting little bits of your rom on my nand but I made sure I wiped everything but that led to me haven to download every single app I had they showed in there places on the screen and then I just deleted them then replaced lol off to download the sick clock haha

ROM
    thundeROM 1.5 / xionia

just got out out of class, and i'm on androidcentral already. thank you for explaining the bit of a lag/quad no.s i experienced earlier, Nick7. i just flashed 0.3 and already my optimus is snappy as ever. i even have the 3d app drawer enabled in launcher pro and there is no hint of lag. ran linpack and quad, and just like you suggested the scores are up/doubled. i'll keep tinkering with it, this is too much fun. again, thank you for your work.

the img's attached are from V0.3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [DEAD ROM] nROM v1.6.3-screenshot_6.png   [DEAD ROM] nROM v1.6.3-screenshot_9.png  
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Possible scores with overclocking:

ROM
    CM 7 v9 radio

Quote Originally Posted by infid3lkastro View Post
    just got out out of class, and i'm on androidcentral already. thank you for explaining the bit of a lag/quad no.s i experienced earlier, Nick7. i just flashed 0.3 and already my optimus is snappy as ever. i even have the 3d app drawer enabled in launcher pro and there is no hint of lag. ran linpack and quad, and just like you suggested the scores are up/doubled. i'll keep tinkering with it, this is too much fun. again, thank you for your work.

the img's attached are from V0.3

dude your shooting yourself in the face with cpu tuner, set cpu make ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. i'm sure if you were looking you could find a "demo" of setcpu or if you promised to be a good boy/girl and delete it after trying it i could always email you the apk.

drop me a pm if interested

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ROM

Hey nick7 im starting to see things that are not going away I had your color tweaks and the voice changes you did have stuck to the phone for some reason I have done 2 full wipes did you happen to see this and do you know if there is a fix back to stock cuz I can't do voice while in text using swype like before and the camera and voice did do anything when I press them and I have my nand from thunde rom I was using and the voice tweaks are stuck hum ? Dont know how to fix thanks for the help

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

A nandroid restore should fix all of your issues. I find it very strange that it didn't. The visual changes that are "sticking" are included in framework-res.apk and LGE-res.apk. Both a nandroid backup and a ROM would over-write these files.

Try flashing ThunderROM. If that does not do the trick you can use "ButtonRemapper" attached to this post to set your buttons however you would like them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

v0.4 Released! Let the overclocking begin

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Thanks for this ROM! I have yet to try any ROMs, but I'll definitely give this one a try in the near future. Will this be updated periodically? o.0
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Yes sir. I update this ROM frequently.

ROM
    CM 7 v9 radio

when you say overclocking, what do you mean, like the OS will be able to run stable at 806+??? if thats the case i'll run two OSs on the phone, that wont bother me a bit especially since backup and restores are as fast as they are.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

The max I could run stable was 825MHz.
Page 1 of 36 1234 ... LastLast