ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP] Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) - 8/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It is open source. Everything I started from is on github. Check out cyanogenmod, zefie, and mik9 on github for the sources and instructions.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. I know there are issues when building from zefie's sources. I'm going to start with mik9's sources.

I have an i7 processor with 9 gigs of ram that builds AOSP in under two hours. (I know I'm the fourth person to say that same thing in the optimus s forums.)

I've always wanted to build something and I thought building a linux distro might be senseless considering there are already so many popular linux distros. Then
I learned about android ROMs and saw that there are many great unique ideas with a lot of potential.

I think my CM source sync is corrupted. It's going to drag having to re download the whole branch again but seeing a great project completed is worth it.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) - v0.2 - 7/4/2011

Anyone test handsfree wired headsets? Just wondering if the mic is working during calls.

thecaptian12975

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I tested GPS because i play with it a lot so far so good on mine.
EDIT: having a weird issue where all of my tones play through my earpiece.

Last edited:

regime2008

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Speakerphone is extremely low, just about the same volume as the earpiece. This rom is getting fast updates and major community support. Keep it up!

LG_Optimus

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I dont know if its the rom or my phone but sometimes when i open market, it will close unexpected.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If still looking for a name how about taking a page from aosp. How about optiCMod. Simple and tells exactly what it is.

I am still running aospCMod but will try this soon. Nice to see this, oh to have cyan built just for our phone!

Sent from my Optimus S

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't found my wired headset to test with so don't know about wired yet. Bt headset worked for stereo, not for calls.

jaysway1005

May 9, 2011
Visit site

great job! keep up the good work bro, for ppl like me who dont like the big 4.3" smartphones, andlike little phones like this optimus, but I can still run cm7 just like an evo, thanks man!

jaysway1005

May 9, 2011
Visit site

There was a random reboot issue on the scott pilgrim rom, does this rom have that problem or was the issue addressed?

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Reboot issue? I have had a few kernal panicks but wasn't able to get logs.

Or are you talking about while charging?

jaysway1005

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Reboot issue? I have had a few kernal panicks but wasn't able to get logs.

Or are you talking about while charging?

No, not while on charge. It just will randomly reboot. It does it on my phone, and my wifes running the same exact rom, scott pilgrim 4/28. Mines overclocked, hers is default.

I'm inquiring about this through this rom page because I followed the scott pilgrim rom for last couple of months and knew you were working with that code and the aospcmod code.

And I didn't know if this was a common issue and if it had been fixed, because really thats my only problem with the current rom, even though I am going to be switching to this rom in the next few days, after a few updates.

jaysway1005

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Only reboot issue I knew of was from clocking too high.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Well my phone is OC'd to the max but will do it even if its not. Like this morning I was playing a video and it got choopy then bam I'm at LG screen. Sometimes while listening to music, browsing web...its completely random and its like before it does it phone will not respond to touches. I can't duplicate it, seeing as how its random...I just wanted to know if anything like that had been addressed on this rom

oh and thanks man for your work

Last edited:

newbk

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

So far WiFi and GPS work great. Bluetooth gets a bit farther than the other CM7 ports since it connects and you can sort of hear something going on but it still is not functional. Other than that though, this seems to be the best CM7 port yet. Very very impressive for a first attempt! Keep up the great work.

ngmanis

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Coming from Reborn I was a bit curious to see how I would adapt to this rom. I love it! One thing I really miss is the battery percentage on the notification bar where the system battery is. Would there be anyway to possibly add that as maybe an optional feature? I would be so thankful!!!

Sent from my Optimus Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.