Need the phone.apk file of the Optimus S for my Epic

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I have the Epic4g & am not satisfied w/the caller id display. I was wondering if there is a way to change the caller id display on my Epic to the display of the Optimus S.

I don't know if this will work, but I am willing to try. I am thinking that I can install the phone.apk file from Optimus on my Epic. Obviously if I get a bunch of f/c, I will revert back to the Epic display.

Would anyone happen to have the phone.apk file available?
Thx.

FWIW: I'm on GB2.3, EF02, Generic ROM

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If you still have your Optimus S you can pull it via ADB and push it to the Epic. Honestly I dont think it will work. But give it a try if you like. Otherwise download a ROM and pull it from there... Just a few ideas for you to solve that on your end. GOOD LUCK :)

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much. I don't have an Optimus S. My son has one. But I will definitely try to pull it from one of the ROMs running on Optimus.

thx.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
ok anytime! I really dont think it will work tho. So I will cross my fingers for you. Report back what happens please. :cool:

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Only other chance you might have is to maybe try the phone.apk from the CM7 ROM's

I don't know if you can mix/match Froyo/Gingerbread system apps, normal apps usually have no issues
but the system apps could definitely cause some incompatibilities on your phone.

Hopefully you got that thing hacked/rooted and can run a NAND backup.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
look around in this zip for the optimus phone.apk in the /system/app folder . Froyo uses contact and phone apk for its graphics. I'm sure you can't use the files anyway, unless you theme your own phone.apk. This won't work for you phone, so don't flash it. Just open it up and look at the directories for the files. undodialer1.zip

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance