[How-To] SetCPU profiles

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been using No-frills CPU control which has been pretty easy, but the idea of setting up profiles for different scenarios seems brilliant. I may have to try SetCPU. Thanks!
I use CPU master but these profiles seem pretty awesome. I'll have to look into setCPU!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I just switched to CM for some testing and the SetCPU profiles work fine. I'll edit post #1

I wonder if the FC's have to do with people having "set on boot" check marked in Menu>Settings>Cyanogenmod settings>Performance> CPU settings. If you do have that checked, uncheck it and reboot then phone then active SetCPU profiles. Working fine over here.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded again and unchecked what you recommended and it works with no probs now. With that said I found this thread really helpful. Thanks Ksmith

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

wuher69

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the profiles, look solid. I have a question. You said CM7 users should not have the "set on boot" box checked. What about people on Reborn Rom. Should set on boot be checked, or unchecked? What options should be chosen on main screen for Reborn Rom? Thanks!

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Here are the SetCPU profiles that I am currently running with Drew's CM7:

screenshot-1314455542161.png
screenshot-1314455632426.png
screenshot-1314455649964.png
screenshot-1314455658523.png
screenshot-1314455706962.png

First, my default is overclocked to 806 max, 122 min, interactive governor. This is about the best my phone can reliably handle. I don't use the smartass governor at all with CM7 because music playback suffers for me. Some phones can be overclocked higher than 806, some cannot reach 806, so your results may vary. Also, some phones have difficulty waking quickly from sleep at 122, but mine does not, so my minimum is always 122. From the last picure, you can see that my phone spends 90% of its life at the lowest clock speed.

Second, unlike KSmith my highest priority profile is screen off, not temp. Why? because I have my screen off profile settings lower than my battery temp settings. If my battery is running hotter than the profile temp, and my screen is off, I'd rather it choose the lower of the two settings (in this case, screen off; therefore, sceeen off is higher priority).

Third, the other battery settings pretty much flow similarly to what KSmith has suggested in the original post. I have my charging profile set a little higher as far as minimums go only because the only time my phone is really plugged in with the screen on is when I'm using my GPS app (Co-Pilot V8), and it seems to like the minimum being this high for me. I also have my in-call settings a little bit higher because sometimes my dialer screen is a little bit laggy during a call in CM7 and this seems to help with that too.

I'm attaching a link to my setCPU backup file, you should be able to place this on the root of your SD card and restore from the profiles page in setCPU if you like these settings. Here's the link

Important: These are my settings, YMMV, and your phone may not be able to handle overclocking to 806.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhill110

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Kamron,
Thanks for your contribution.
I see you use interactive vs. ondemand in some profiles. What are your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: WickedJezter

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's my understanding that interactive ramps up a bit more quickly than ondemand; therefore, at higher battery, etc., I'm using interactive.

Reactions: wanabee

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. What type of battery life do you get daily? Im running reborn rom and i can barely get 5 hours with it! :(

What kind of usage are you doing? It all depends on that, light, medium or heavy?
I can go all weekend on light usage. I.e: couple of phone calls, checking forums through out the day, & just some playing around with some apps.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

illinoissparks18

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
What kind of usage are you doing? It all depends on that, light, medium or heavy?
I can go all weekend on light usage. I.e: couple of phone calls, checking forums through out the day, & just some playing around with some apps.

I would say medium to heavy. On heavy usage, it drains in 2.5 hrs and on medium to heavy usage, it drains in about 4-5. What profiles are you using? I would love to have that battery life :p