noob question about flashing/recovery asopCmod

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I was going to update my reborn rom to the latest version yesterday, and I have some confusuon about the instructions. It says clear data and dalvik cache. I hit clear data/factory reset in my recovery menu (see version in sig). Well I didn't see the dalvik cache clear option so I cleared the other 2 that I saw. The dalvik cache was under advanced. When I finished installing reborn rom 2.2 I had to set up Google sync again and I had no apps. I then decided to restore my phone to how it was before. After restoring, I noticed most of my apps were gone. Is this normal or did I clear the wrong thing before I installed reborn 2.2? I want to install asopCmod. I want to know if I will lose most my apps again or all of them. I like my android green bootscreen will that stay on there if I opt to keep stock bootscreen? Thanks in advance for the help.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Any time you wipe data /factory reset before flashing a rom, that wipes all apps and user data. That is what titanium backup is for. To restore apps when switching to a new rom. As for dalvic that is under advanced settings.

Sent from my Optimus S

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I use Xionia clockwork... Doesn't seem to work very well... It restored some of my apps when i went to the restore option... now the apps that weren't restored can't be installed again. When I click on an apk that I had on my phone before it says that the current app will be replaced.. then it says installing, and after that it just says failed.

Any time you wipe data /factory reset before flashing a rom, that wipes all apps and user data. That is what titanium backup is for. To restore apps when switching to a new rom. As for dalvic that is under advanced settings.

I thought a nandroid backup was supposed to restore EVERYTHING back to the way it was! Why are half my apps gone now? Can I use titanium to backup the apps that still work, and switch to a different custom ROM?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debeon