Apps missing won't reinstall. Is it too late for Titanium backup?

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I made a nand backup, and then went to restore. When I restored I only got some of my apps back. (No I didn't add any apps after making a backup) Now if I try to install some apps that I had before, I get: existing app will be replaced, then installing, followed by Install Failed. I'd like to update my rom or something.... but I dunno what to do!!! I don't want to loose the apps that I have. I also would like to install some that I had before.:( I don't have titanium backup yet, and I'm wondering if I install that If I can backup the apps that work, then clear data, then flash new rom and restore all my working apps with titanium. Or if Titanium will just make matters worse.

Please Help I am freaking out.......
Frogger420

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apps missing won't reinstall. Is it too late for Titanium bac

I made a nand backup, and then went to restore. When I restored I only got some of my apps back. (No I didn't add any apps after making a backup) Now if I try to install some apps that I had before, I get: existing app will be replaced, then installing, followed by Install Failed. I'd like to update my rom or something.... but I dunno what to do!!! I don't want to loose the apps that I have. I also would like to install some that I had before.:( I don't have titanium backup yet, and I'm wondering if I install that If I can backup the apps that work, then clear data, then flash new rom and restore all my working apps with titanium. Or if Titanium will just make matters worse.

Please Help I am freaking out.......
Frogger420

Can't imagine why it wouldn't work but to be perfectly honest with you there is no reason a nandroid backup wouldn't restore everything unless the file was corrupt or there was something wrong prior to making the nandroid. Obviously that's not the point just felt like it should be said.

You should in theory still be able to install titanium backup and procede to backup the apps that do work. I would probably be careful with the restoration process though; wouldn't want to restore any bugged settings or similar; maybe restore the apps without data not really sure.

Absolute best recommendation I can give is after you make your titanium backups and flash a new rom make a fresh nandroid before trying to restore anything that way if something goes bad you can restore from that.

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apps missing won't reinstall. Is it too late for Titanium bac

thats happens to me and the way i fix is either root boot a couple of times until they come back, or recently i found out that when you reinstall it from titanium backup it saves all of your data.