Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    Just Works Rom v1

Default Re: Just Works ROM v1 - Coming July 25th

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Nope.

Umm, doesn't Alpha come before Beta?
    This is how I put it since I am creating the ROM.

Beta - Testing and still compiling new features.
    Alpha - Seeing if the ROM is stable enough and all working features are said as working.
    Release - Release but with final adjustments and updates.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    Just Works Rom v1

Quote Originally Posted by mxrider View Post
    Has android even been around for eight years?
    I have not been developing for Android devices for 8 years. I started out as based of Windows Platform and Linux Operating System and developed a code name for my mini OS back then... "Ex OS" I know it sounds cheesy but it was a start when I first built my computer at the age of 15.

implement
    and alpha comes before beta. alpha beta gamma delta etc.
    also you post a teaser for a rom you have developed 4757% ?? how do you know it's gonna (just) work - on july 25th?

*edit for the updated progress and to grab a bag of pop-corn.
    Last edited by memsman; 07-13-2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: f
    sblood86 likes this.

ROM
    Shell 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by memsman View Post
    how do you know it's gonna (just) work - on july 25th?
    My point exactly. Seems odd lol

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    TheKraven's CM&

please just post a screenshot(s)/video(s) and prove us all wrong and show us that this ROM is legit. Why wait for the sreenshot and show us a sneak preview.
    People need proof, words are not going to cut it anymore especially that you have a low post count. I mean I could post a new thread and state the same thing but no one will believe me unless I post videos/screenshots of a new ROM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

ROM
    Just Works Rom v1

Quote Originally Posted by memsman View Post
    implement
    and alpha comes before beta. alpha beta gamma delta etc.
    also you post a teaser for a rom you have developed 4757% ?? how do you know it's gonna (just) work - on july 25th?

*edit for the updated progress and to grab a bag of pop-corn.
    After working on this ROM non stop almost 24/7. I have complete faith that I will be able to pull this off, as your statement as "Just Works". It's not rocket science, I am compiling the ROM off of Sprint's ROM with all features of the ROM but with minor tweaks and adjustments. So I know it will just work, this ROM will not be built from scratch but based off something that has able been proved stable, this is my first time developing a ROM, when I get more in-depth and more experienced... In future releases and when Just Works ROM is released on 25th, thats why I have implimented the uploading of the bugs, glitches, and feedback within the User Interface to help plan for better releases in the future. Good point made.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by JustWorksTechnologies View Post
    I have not been developing for Android devices for 8 years. I started out as based of Windows Platform and Linux Operating System and developed a code name for my mini OS back then... "Ex OS" I know it sounds cheesy but it was a start when I first built my computer at the age of 15.
    I was going to mention that while android hasn't been out for 8 years Linux has which is what android is. Look forward to seeing where this goes. Good luck!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM
    Just Works Rom v1

Quote Originally Posted by ens04 View Post
    please just post a screenshot(s)/video(s) and prove us all wrong and show us that this ROM is legit. Why wait for the sreenshot and show us a sneak preview.
    People need proof, words are not going to cut it anymore especially that you have a low post count. I mean I could post a new thread and state the same thing but no one will believe me unless I post videos/screenshots of a new ROM.
    I will post a screenshot of the Recovery and the Start up for Just Works ROM later tonight. Keep an eye out.

ROM
    Shell 2.1

Good ol' Linux. I actually just started setting up a linux server to replace my windows web server. Got a 4TB network drive which windows won't play nicely with unless its a local drive....lame.

Anyway back to topic....Just Works definitely appears to be putting a lot of effort into this so if he is confident about the release date then I say good for him and I will wait quietly

EDIT: Oh and I agree that in THEORY all of the stuff he mentions should work but I was just pointing out that technically speaking its unknown.
    sblood86 likes this.

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

Quote Originally Posted by kingdavidbaker View Post
    Good ol' Linux. I actually just started setting up a linux server to replace my windows web server. Got a 4TB network drive which windows won't play nicely with unless its a local drive....lame.

Anyway back to topic....Just Works definitely appears to be putting a lot of effort into this so if he is confident about the release date then I say good for him and I will wait quietly

EDIT: Oh and I agree that in THEORY all of the stuff he mentions should work but I was just pointing out that technically speaking its unknown.
    I totally agree; while I am at least slightly skeptical I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt, I hope something does come from this project and I wish the dev the best of luck.

Post SS Bro.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

ROM
    Just Works Rom v1

Quote Originally Posted by ngmanis View Post
    Post SS Bro.
    Screenshot will be up this evening along with a cleaned up post. Also, more surprises will be among tonight.

ROM
    gROM 2.2 modded

Do I get a refund if it doesn't work? Haha, just kidding... :P
    Waiting for screenshots...
    Also, would your ROM focus on anything in particular? (e.g performance, battery life, appearance, etc?)

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Sounds good, but there are some big promises. Good luck and keep us updated

Sent from my Optimus S

ROM
    mirage cm7

intriguing. will definitely keep an eye on this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

ROM
    Just Works Rom v1

Quote Originally Posted by swg0101 View Post
    Do I get a refund if it doesn't work? Haha, just kidding... :P
    Waiting for screenshots...
    Also, would your ROM focus on anything in particular? (e.g performance, battery life, appearance, etc?)
    LOL, the Just Works ROM does have many improvements over Stock ROMs such as improved Battery Life, which last 25% percent longer if using the Just Works Kernel, a customizable appearance, and overclockable processor and the kernel underclocks itself to help preverse battery life and performance as it monitors itself for when certain applications are running.

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

the kernel underclocks itself to help preverse battery life and performance as it monitors itself for when certain applications are running.
    Begs a question: what governor are you using to accomplish this, sounds like a port of smartass?

Global Posts
    1,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sblood86 View Post
    Begs a question: what governor are you using to accomplish this, sounds like a port of smartass?
    I'm confused because the way he has it written in his post, the recovery is part of the rom?
    "Th- th- thinking of a master plan"
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

ROM
    Just Works Rom v1

Quote Originally Posted by basketthis View Post
    I'm confused because the way he has it written in his post, the recovery is part of the rom?
    The Just Works Recovery will be included in the download, the ROM, Recovery, and software will be a seperate download.

Just Works ROM: Based off the LG Optimus Stock ZVD but stripped completely (Only Core), Froyo with potential Gingerbread in future releases.

Just Works Recovery: Has GUI option built-in and also has the text based feature.

Just Works Kernel: The clockable governor is based on "Smartass"

the smartass gov doesn't monitor any specific applications for locking cpu freq up/down. It monitors screen state = on/off. It's interactive (less scaling more jumping) with a screen off profile.

smartass governor – is based on the concept of the interactive governor.
    I have always agreed that in theory the way interactive works – by taking over the idle loop – is very attractive. I have never managed to tweak it so it would behave decently in real life. Smartass is a complete rewrite of the code plus more. I think its a success. Performance is on par with the “old” minmax and I think smartass is a bit more responsive. Battery life is hard to quantify precisely but it does spend much more time at the lower frequencies.
    Smartass will also cap the max frequency when sleeping to 352Mhz (or if your min frequency is higher than 352 – why?! – it will cap it to your min frequency). Lets take for example the 528/176 kernel, it will sleep at 352/176. No need for sleep profiles any more!

EDIT - People ask this a lot on android forums so before it get's asked ....

ondemand - Available in most kernels, and the default governor in most kernels. When the CPU load reaches a certain point (see "up threshold" in Advanced Settings), ondemand will rapidly scale the CPU up to meet demand, then gradually scale the CPU down when it isn't needed.

conservative - Available in some kernels. It is similar to the ondemand governor, but will scale the CPU up more gradually to better fit demand. Conservative provides a less responsive experience than ondemand, but can save battery.

performance - Available in most kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the "max" set value at all times. This is a bit more efficient than simply setting "max" and "min" to the same value and using ondemand because the system will not waste resources scanning for the CPU load. This governor is recommended for stable benchmarking. This governor should not be used as a daily governor.

powersave - Available in some kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the "min" set value at all times. This governor should not be used as a daily governor.

userspace - A method for controlling the CPU speed. For best results, do not use the userspace governor.

Interactive - The 'interactive' governor has a different approach. Instead of sampling the cpu at a specified rate, the governor will scale the cpu frequency up when coming out of idle. When the cpu comes out of idle, a timer is configured to fire within 1-2 ticks. If the cpu is 100% busy from exiting idle to when the timer fires then we assume the cpu is underpowered and ramp to MAX speed.

If the cpu was not 100% busy, then the governor evaluates the cpu load over the last 'min_sample_rate' (default 50000 uS) to determine the cpu speed to ramp down to.
    Last edited by KSmithInNY; 07-14-2011 at 06:09 AM.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

I will post a screenshot of the Recovery and the Start up for Just Works ROM later tonight. Keep an eye out.
    So where are those screenshots you promised, eh?

You know what they say. Screenshot or it didn't happen
    Jessicalt1 and kpfeiffer like this.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    TheKraven's CM&

So where are those screenshots you promised, eh?

You know what they say. Screenshot or it didn't happen
    It takes a while to photoshop.

j/k. All kidding aside, seriously where are the screenshots, you keep postponing them.
    drewwalton19216801 likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

ROM
    Just Works Rom v1

Sorry about the waiting guys, my computer crashed. I was able to flash the recovery and with using Android Screencast, I posted this shot of the entry. Thanks guys.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Sorry about the waiting guys, my computer crashed. I was able to flash the recovery and with using Android Screencast, I posted this shot of the entry. Thanks guys.
    How about a photo of it actually running on a phone? Or at the very least a screenshot of the Android Screencast window itself.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

ROM
    Just Works Rom v1

How about a photo of it actually running on a phone? Or at the very least a screenshot of the Android Screencast window itself.
    Ohhh, good idea... Coming right up! :P
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast