[HOW TO] Return to Stock V9 Recovery
Thanks to Drew for this method. Going to pass it on for those that need to get back to stock Sprint.
Here are the steps necessary to flash the stock v9 recovery image.
This is for a rooted phone running either ThunderC or Xionia CWMA recoveries:
1) Download this: platform-tools.zip
2) Inside that zip file is a folder called "platform-tools"
3) Copy that folder to the desktop
4) Inside the folder you copied to the desktop, there is a file called "v9recovery.img"
5) Copy v9recovery.img to your sdcard
6) Turn OFF USB Storage
7) Open a command prompt (in Windows XP this is Start->Run then type "cmd" (without quotes) then hit enter
8) In the command prompt, type "cd" (without quotes)
9) Drag the platform-tools FOLDER from the desktop to the command prompt
10) Make absolutely sure there is a single space between "cd" and the rest
11) Hit enter
12) Type "dir" followed by hitting enter
13) One of the files listed should be adb.exe
14) Type "adb shell" and hit enter
15) When it connects, type "su" if it shows a dollar sign ($) and not a pound(#)
16) Type "cd /sdcard" and hit enter
17) Type "ls" and hit enter (that's a lowercase L followed by a lowercase S)
18) One of the files listed should be v9recovery.img
19) Type "flash_image recovery /sdcard/v9recovery.img" and hit enter
20) When that finishes, type "reboot recovery" and hit enter
Should reboot into LG stock v9 recovery.
Then you need to get stock ROM: [How-to] Revert to LS670V9, after installing OTA LS670VC/VD, using KP500 (Diag mode)
[How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK
- 07-13-2011, 12:43 PM #2
- 07-13-2011, 01:33 PM #3
- 07-13-2011, 02:33 PM #4
- 07-17-2011, 12:27 AM #5
- 07-17-2011, 01:34 AM #6
- 07-17-2011, 08:29 PM #7
- 07-17-2011, 09:13 PM #8
- 07-17-2011, 10:45 PM #9
- 09-30-2011, 02:22 AM #10
- 09-30-2011, 09:01 AM #11
- 10-04-2011, 12:30 PM #12
Little trouble with this. I could use some help.
I have followed the directions exactly.....no problems until I put in the last command....
I get this error.
"sh: flash_image: command not found"
I have tried it several times so I know that I am inputting it correctly.....Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
And yes the flash v9recovery file is on my sdcard where it should be.
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
- 10-04-2011, 10:42 PM #13
Re: [HOW TO] Return to Stock V9 RecoveryCode:
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system # cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image # chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image # mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system # flash_image recovery /sdcard/v9recovery.img # reboot recovery
- 11-27-2011, 11:10 AM #14
- 13 Posts
Re: [HOW TO] Return to Stock V9 Recovery
Some thing has gone TERRIBLY wrong.
I followed your directions and had complete success at each point.
I flashed the v9recovery.img, and when finished I typed reboot recovery.
The phone rebooted and goes to a blank screen. Windows xp sees GOOGLE Mass storage device and generic volume "f"...but I can't access volume "f" .
If I repeat the cmd process when I type adb shell it says:
-exec ' /system/bin/sh' failed: no such file or directory <2>
So now what????
- 11-27-2011, 07:55 PM #16
- 13 Posts
Re: [HOW TO] Return to Stock V9 Recovery [SOLVED]
Thank you for the quick reply, I couldn't use screencast as it needs to be launched from the phone (which I cant see).
I managed to get it all straightened out anyway though.
I downloaded the ZVD.cab and renamed everything accordingly. Then I simply went through the steps again and I got a working screen again.
Then the usual stuff: root,xionia recovery, make backup, load new rom, tweak, make new rom backup, DONE...lol
ALL the information that allowed me to get EVERYTHING working again came from this thread:
***[How-to] Revert to LS670V9, after installing OTA LS670VC/VD, using KP500 (Diag mode)
Just thought I'd include it in case anyone else needs it.
- 12-15-2011, 10:52 PM #17
- 12-22-2011, 07:12 PM #18
- 12-22-2011, 07:27 PM #19
- 03-22-2012, 04:40 PM #20