Custom recovery

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Im trying to download the xionia_cwma_12518 custom recovery on my fiances phone, she has optimus s just like me, but when i try and download it stops downloading and says phone not supported. Weird cause it downloaded to my phone just fine. So since i don't have a computer to help me out, can i just put my memory card from my phone into her phone and use android terminal emulate to flash custom recovery since xionia_cwma_12518 is already on my sdcard and when im done can i take out memory card and put it back in my phone and the recovery still be there on her phone so i can flash custom roms for her. Does anyone know if that will work?

Sent from my Optimus S CM7

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
im pretty sure you need to push recoveries from adb.

You can do this straight from your phone... I've done it myself on two, using both ThunderC and Xionia recoveries. There is another user on here having the same problem. I'd love to hear a solution!

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You're gonna be better off using adb then the terminal emulator on the phone.
adb allows copy and paste! The emulator doesn't. The emulator is how you would install the recovery straight from the phone.

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
the terminal emulator app will let you install the custom recovery without a computer, but make sure you don't make any typos.
also remember not to type the # symbol.

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work by putting my memory card in her phone and then using terminal emulator to install xionia recovery. Finally lol, I was kinda scared it would mess up my memory card. Everything works great.
Thanks for all the help.

Sent from my Optimus S CM7