Increased charging speed possible?

ngmanis

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have come to realize there is no such thing as a "quick charge" when it comes to android phones so when you see your phone has 8% left and you have to go somewhere in 15 min there is no point in even plugging it in.. So basically what I am curious about is; could it be possible for devs to create an app that helps increase charge speed? Possibly boost/manipulate the system...just an idea. I know its a long shot but you guys never know with today's technology!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
no way too, besides this phone charges faster then the evo and epic i just got rid off, about twice as fast.

if it was to charge any faster, it could blow up the battery.

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Also, fast charging batteries will significantly reduce battery integrity. You'd be replacing batteries in your phone on a regular basis. Did you ever use a fast charger for rechargeable li-ion batteries (AA, AAA, etc.)? They have a considerably shorter life than batteries that were charged normally.

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Watch out for those cheap chargers on ebay. Some are ok, but some are bad bizniss. Some of them put out voltages in excess of 6 or 7 volts! If you have the resources check the output voltages before you use it.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Get an extended battery + cover on e-bay.

I just got one, took about 2-weeks via post mail from Hong Kong.

Stock = 1500mah

Extended = 3600mah + replacement back cover

So if the stock lasts you most of the day, the extended will give you almost 2 full days of use.

It doesn't add much more weight to the phone, adds about less than 1/4" thickness

Actually feels better in the hand with the thicker back replacement cover.

And it was less than $13 shipped from Hong Kong - not too bad a deal.

Only issue, any current case cover you have won't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38