su command in cmd question

brittiny

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I am having a really hard time with flashing a custom recovery. I am trying to flash the xionia clockwork cwma_12518.6 and after about 3 or 4 days of trying to figure it out I am almost there. I am however stuck at this one part. It says To flash: via adb shell or terminal type this from root # shell. Well I found out that that meas to type su in the cmd and I did once earlier but now when I try to do it it tells me su is not recognized as an internal or external command. What am I doing wrong? Also do I have to type adb push and su before every command I send?

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Already answered you in your other post but to reiterate....

Open a command prompt and type "adb shell" without the ""

Then once the adb shell session starts you will either see a $ prompt or an # prompt.

If you see the $ then type su and hit enter. You may need to watch your phone (yes the actual phone screen) and allow access to the "Superuser" app.
If you see the # then you are fine and you need to enter whatever you are trying to do.

Reactions: brittiny

brittiny

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!!! I had one more question on the other thread as well. Sorry for posting it twice but I have been working on this for almost 3 weeks and it's getting really frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol