Cannot update profile/PRL?

Donx510

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
My cousin and I recently switched numbers today, and the sprint rep told me to update my profile, but I was running CM7 so I couldn't update the profile. So the sprint rep hung up, and in the meantime I restored my nandroid to the stock LG rom using Xionia Clockwork recovery. Another Sprint rep tried to make me update my profile when I was on the LG rom, but it didnt work still. I cannot update the PRL/Profile, and I have no data connectivity what so ever. I checked my settings, and the only thing that works is voice. If I check what network/MAC address/IP etc, it says that it's unavailable.

I am running a rooted Optimus S using Xionia Clockwork Mod and on the stock LG rom (So I can update the profile)

What should I do to get it back and running? Thank you

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
My cousin and I recently switched numbers today, and the sprint rep told me to update my profile, but I was running CM7 so I couldn't update the profile. So the sprint rep hung up, and in the meantime I restored my nandroid to the stock LG rom using Xionia Clockwork recovery. Another Sprint rep tried to make me update my profile when I was on the LG rom, but it didnt work still. I cannot update the PRL/Profile, and I have no data connectivity what so ever. I checked my settings, and the only thing that works is voice. If I check what network/MAC address/IP etc, it says that it's unavailable.

I am running a rooted Optimus S using Xionia Clockwork Mod and on the stock LG rom (So I can update the profile)

What should I do to get it back and running? Thank you
What happens when you hit update PRL?

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

anon(523450)

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem (minus the sprint reps)
My problem is that the Update PRL and Update Profile commands are gone. They are supposed to be in the About the Phone part of the settings, but there are no longer those choices there.
I also can't find the way to put the phone in USB mode when I plug it in to the computer....

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I think your update options aren't there because you're not on a Sprint-Based ROM. Grom or Reborn are ROMS that are Sprint based. If you flash one of those, you can update your stuff. also, when you plug in your phone, do you allow mass storage mode?

Sindustry

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you might have your radios/roms mixed up? aka zvh radio with zvd lg rom or vice versa

What baseband version does it list?

You'll pretty much have to update PRL from a stock rom, and pretty sure if you went from zvc to zvd your nand.roid stock might be zvc while your radio is still zvd (nandroiding doesn't replace radio)

If this might be the case, just download the stock rom that matches your radio, and make sure you do a total clean from recovery before loading it.

If you want to update cyanogen PRL, just use QPST and upload the same PRL version as your brother? I could be wrong, but profile isn't required except for bloatware?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781