graphic errors on CM7

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I never got graphical errors before but now when I play Fieldrunners HD, some characters are missing from the screen and some lag occurs. Is there anyway to fix this?

earlier i mentioned:
One of the tower defense games occasionally will start getting super bogged down. I could run maybe a couple of levels before I see this occur. If it does, I exit, and relaunch, usually fine for a while (continues exactly from where I left off)

It was actually field runners HD I was referring to. I suspect you have the same issues as me. As of yet, i'm unable to solve them.

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed, when I set up my dual g voice/sprint numbers, that the check boxes our checks show up in the browser.
not sure if it's Drews' rom. Could be android font switcher.
Or, maybe the fact that I've never flashed the debug file when flashing roms?

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
A couple days ago the amazon free app was Everlands, and I noticed they also had Everlands HD. I was curious so i downloaded both.

Using Drew's Stable2 release-
Everlands: Works mostly. Occasional ~15 second hiccups where nothing moves and if i try to do anything I get a force close option, but if I wait, its fine. and occasionally the animations (one hex attacking another hex) are extremely slow, lasting ~15 seconds.

Everlands HD: Would not load properly, once it mostly loaded, but there were artifacts.

I gave Everlands HD a try on Reborn, no problem.

Since Everlands is a pay app, I wanted to find a different (Free) app as an example. I searched HD found Robotek HD by the same company. It plays fairly well on CM7, but if you look at the attached picture, you'll notice there is a graphics problem. one of the layers appears to be missing. The CM7 is Drew's Stable 2 the only steps I did was install market, titanium backup, and sign in (with no restore) to my google account.

List of games I've seen similar issues to varying degrees during
Plants Vs Zombies (Pop Cap Games)
Inotia3: Children of Carnia (Com2uS)
Everlands HD, Everlands, Robotek (Hexage)
Fieldrunners HD (Subatomic Studios)

==> I would say it sounds like my phone, but in every case, Reborn works just fine.
==> It doesn't appear to be application specific or even developer specific.
==> please post if you have tried running PvZ, Everlands HD, Robotek HD, Inotia3 on a fresh installed CM7 ROM. I'm trying to find out if this is a phone specific problem or not. It sounds like only 2 people have the same issues. ens04@Fieldrunners and sjc11221@PvZ

PvZ - inital loading screen, if you dont let your phone sleep, will not appear to load (but kind of does)
Everlands HD - Doesn't load well
Robotek HD - the map is missing the land outlines
Inotia3 - occasional pauses, 80% of the time there is a dialog sequence, the dialog windows become corrupt or shortly after will crash

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
just tried a fresh install of cm7 (wiped everything & flashed the debug file).
Plants vs zombies - my game gets hung up on the loading screen and when it finally works (after a manual force close), the zombies on my screen are not visually there even though I hear and kill them.

FIeldrunners - yeah, still same problems. Unable to play because of the lag and invisible soilders running on the screen while lagging at the same time.

Both worked great without problems on Reborn 2.2.2 (that was when I was on that ROM)

Reactions: bweb

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The regular (non-HD) Everlands freezes on me occasionally...freezes for about 5-10 seconds and then goes as if nothing happened. A few other games I were downloading do the same thing....

Reactions: bweb

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
thekraven said:
Try to turn off a setting ... go to Settings..cyanogenmod settings..performance.
Uncheck Enable surface dithering.
Make sure JIT is checked.
Turn on 'Lock home in memory" Check mark that one. This one made a big difference.

Turn off Haptic feedback helps.

these changes did not work for me, but thekraven's 2nd suggestion of trying Drew's Gingerkernel solved the video issues.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/lg-...ernel-v01.html

Gingerkernel passed my quick PvZ and Robotek tests.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34