Reborn ROM Launcher

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
in the reborn rom the app drawer icon is in the middle with two icons on both sides and it slides up but still leaving the dock. i was wondering how can i take off those side icons/dock images leaving the app drawer middle icon like the one in android 2.0 also hiding the dock/icon in the app drawer.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
in the reborn rom the app drawer icon is in the middle with two icons on both sides and it slides up but still leaving the dock. i was wondering how can i take off those side icons/dock images leaving the app drawer middle icon like the one in android 2.0 also hiding the dock/icon in the app drawer.

Nope. They are permanent. Can't customize Android. I hope that's not why you bought the phone because these things are pretty much default everything. No options, no choices. Totalitarian of the phone world. You're out of luck. Should probably get an Iphone...

:D You should be able to move them around by opening the app drawer and hitting the settings button. It should pop up a menu to move icons around! ;)

BakonGuy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Nope. They are permanent. Can't customize Android. I hope that's not why you bought the phone because these things are pretty much default everything. No options, no choices. Totalitarian of the phone world. You're out of luck. Should probably get an Iphone...

Your sarcasm levels have hit critical.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

To answer your question, YES it can be done. The Launcher application itself needs to be modded heavily to accomplish this. I looked into the apk for a bit last night, and it appears it is not an easy task (at least for myself). But if I can come up with anything, I will post it here.

Reactions: username4040

cboekhoven

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
To answer your question, YES it can be done. The Launcher application itself needs to be modded heavily to accomplish this. I looked into the apk for a bit last night, and it appears it is not an easy task (at least for myself). But if I can come up with anything, I will post it here.

What about modding the option for dock size in the launcher settings to allow for only one icon? I literally have no knowledge of coding or editing apk's so I could be wrong. if so let me know and I will silence my ignorance lol

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
What about modding the option for dock size in the launcher settings to allow for only one icon? I literally have no knowledge of coding or editing apk's so I could be wrong. if so let me know and I will silence my ignorance lol

Actually, after looking at it again, I have figured out how to do it. It's not as complicated as I thought. I tend to make things harder than they need to be sometimes. Lol

To answer your question. Your on the right track. A few xml files and png's must be edited to eliminate the dock buttons and icons that are not needed. I even got it to show no buttons at all when the app drawer is open.

Question for the OP, did you want the Android 2.0 app drawer icon or did you want the reborn one? I was confused as to what you would like there.

I need to step away from this project for a bit. (family time) But I can finish it later tonight and have it posted.

Reactions: cboekhoven

cboekhoven

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually, after looking at it again, I have figured out how to do it. It's not as complicated as I thought. I tend to make things harder than they need to be sometimes. Lol

To answer your question. Your on the right track. A few xml files and png's must be edited to eliminate the dock buttons and icons that are not needed. I even got it to show no buttons at all when the app drawer is open.

Question for the OP, did you want the Android 2.0 app drawer icon or did you want the reborn one? I was confused as to what you would like there.

I need to step away from this project for a bit. (family time) But I can finish it later tonight and have it posted.

Awesome!! Glad I could help in some way, shape or form :)

Have fun with the fam! You earned it for sure

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Awesome!! Glad I could help in some way, shape or form :)

Have fun with the fam! You earned it for sure

Oh, sorry I was already flashing and testing the mods I made when you posted your suggestion. But had I not have figured it out yet, your idea would have helped me for sure.

Sorry, I hope that doesn't come across rude, I trully don't mean to be.

cboekhoven

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh, sorry I was already flashing and testing the mods I made when you posted your suggestion. But had I not have figured it out yet, your idea would have helped me for sure.

Sorry, I hope that doesn't come across rude, I trully don't mean to be.

No worries. :)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

papadog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i for one would like to only have one screen instead of 3 can that be done with this launcher i would use it myself if that could be done.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Here is what I cooked up for ya. This is the same Launcher from Reborn Rom with a dock similar to Android 2.0. If you want the app drawer icon from reborn instead, let me know.

Just flash in recovery

Hope you enjoy!!

snap20110812_222139.png
snap20110812_222134.png

LGLauncher-mod-android2.0.zip

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I cooked up for ya. This is the same Launcher from Reborn Rom with a dock similar to Android 2.0. If you want the app drawer icon from reborn instead, let me know.

Just flash in recovery

Hope you enjoy!!

snap20110812_222139.png
snap20110812_222134.png

LGLauncher-mod-android2.0.zip
i've been looking around all day and forgot about this post, i downloaded the old 2.0 launcher almost works the same except for when i hit the home button at the home screen it pops up " the application home processandroid.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." thanks alot, i think i'm gonna use the old app drawer image and nice screenshot!

b4mmb4mm

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I use go launcher off the market it is fully customizable... and you don't have to reprogram anything.