Get Programs to Work From Sd Card

rammv

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I rooted to Cm7 Mod and through the file manager I can find the programs from the android market when I had stock rom but how to you get these to function? Another Noob question :cool:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I rooted to Cm7 Mod and through the file manager I can find the programs from the android market when I had stock rom but how to you get these to function? Another Noob question :cool:

I'm having difficulty understanding the question. You rooted to CM7. And, previously you could find programs from the market with file manager when you had the stock ROM? What are you trying to do? Backup programs? Find apps in the Market?

rammv

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having difficulty understanding the question. You rooted to CM7. And, previously you could find programs from the market with file manager when you had the stock ROM? What are you trying to do? Backup programs? Find apps in the Market?
Trying to get apps to work from my sd card that were existing when I had stock rom. They are there but they do not load to the phone now that I rooted.Do I have to reload the apps from the market again? Apps like gas buddy and freedownload music. File manager shows them on sd card but they are not loaded on phone , do not show up in the apps manager. Hope That explains it better. Sorry if vague. Thanks for any help.

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Trying to get apps to work from my sd card that were existing when I had stock rom. They are there but they do not load to the phone now that I rooted.Do I have to reload the apps from the market again? Apps like gas buddy and freedownload music. File manager shows them on sd card but they are not loaded on phone , do not show up in the apps manager. Hope That explains it better. Sorry if vague. Thanks for any help.

What you see on the sd card are not the apps themselves. That's some data they stored on the sd card.
You will have to go install your apps again from the market.

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I assume that when you were stock, you used "move to SD" from the applications setting to move those apps to your sd card? If you did, you actually did not move the whole app to your SD card, only a portion of the app lived there, the remainder of the app stayed in internal memory. Now that you flashed CM7, the portion of the app that was in internal memory is now gone.

You have two options, but really the first one is preferred because the second one can cause problems:
(1) reinstall the apps from the market.
(2) if you made a nandroid backup of your stock rom, install a backup utility like titanium backup and backup your apps, and then restore them in CM7. This may cause funky results with some apps, some people back up and restore just the data for the app and first reinstall the app from the market.

ninjajp247

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I assume that when you were stock, you used "move to SD" from the applications setting to move those apps to your sd card? If you did, you actually did not move the whole app to your SD card, only a portion of the app lived there, the remainder of the app stayed in internal memory. Now that you flashed CM7, the portion of the app that was in internal memory is now gone.

You have two options, but really the first one is preferred because the second one can cause problems:
(1) reinstall the apps from the market.
(2) if you made a nandroid backup of your stock rom, install a backup utility like titanium backup and backup your apps, and then restore them in CM7. This may cause funky results with some apps, some people back up and restore just the data for the app and first reinstall the app from the market.

I have this prob also, but i already have a nandroid backup in my clockwork recovery even though im now using c7.

Noob question as im just now getting to doing this, but...how will backing up something already backed up help?

im currently having an issue getting my apps data restored for drag racing and skyfire plus vid license. I did re download it but obviously none of the info supposedly saved on their server was relegated to my account. Cant even claim my own name. i should just try titanium anyways?

random stuff like the music and contacts were brought out, so...wheres my App data?

Last edited: