memory leak possibly?

deathangel1496

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've been through 2 replacements now. And I'm positive it has to be something on my part, I'm running drew's cm7 experimental 6. I've tried stable. I am oc to 768 atm and it seems stable. Now the problem, my phone will slowly get slower and slower almost like a memory leak. I've fixed permissions, and lowered my oc. I have a task killer. There's hardly any apps installed. If I reflash everything, its fast, then slows down more and more. Any ideas? Its very frustrating >_<

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I've been through 2 replacements now. And I'm positive it has to be something on my part, I'm running drew's cm7 experimental 6. I've tried stable. I am oc to 768 atm and it seems stable. Now the problem, my phone will slowly get slower and slower almost like a memory leak. I've fixed permissions, and lowered my oc. I have a task killer. There's hardly any apps installed. If I reflash everything, its fast, then slows down more and more. Any ideas? Its very frustrating >_<

Post 2 question/answer 2:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...p-general-roms-rooting-related-questions.html

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
make sure its not an auto task killer. heard they can cause troubles....and these phones are quick but not much in the way of memory. skillful memory management, data2sd and app2sd can help free up resources but can also slow you down if you have a slow sd card (class6 or better is best). also, before running intense apps i make sure that i clear caches and have as little running in the background as possible.

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
What happens is that every time you open an app it runs a small process in the back that helps the app do a number of different things like your facebook app will keep pinging facebook.com to see if there is anything new, after a while these back ground processes add up and eat your free amount of RAM which slows down everything else, a quick reboot every now and then will fix it for you

deathangel1496

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
What happens is that every time you open an app it runs a small process in the back that helps the app do a number of different things like your facebook app will keep pinging facebook.com to see if there is anything new, after a while these back ground processes add up and eat your free amount of RAM which slows down everything else, a quick reboot every now and then will fix it for you

I know what processes do. I'm really smart with technology. Answer 1 seems to have solved it. But its only been a day so far.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
AND.....? I think your reply got cut.
Edit:
OK that's weird, how come I did not see your reply before, but mow that I quoted you it shows up.

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!

I could see baskets quoted post and reply yesterday...but now it's disappeared and I can only see baskets reply in you're quote...weird.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Also (please excuse the double post) has anyone used the v6 supercharger script? Supposed to greatly improve memory usage and make Android devices Snappier but i'm not sure if it would work on our phones (says it should/could) or if it'a already cooked into one of the available ROMs. Id post a link but I'm too lazy to check if that's ok. I know some forums frown on links to other outside forums.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk