[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.1 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 11-20-2011

I found a HUGE problem when trying to service program the phone. IT WON'T DO IT. It just won't work.

I reverted back to stock ROM to get it done, while chatting with a CSR on the webchat. Now, does this unroot your phone? I saw a set of instructions with 29 steps that made it too complicated

Its really nothing more than:
1.) boot into recovery
2.) flash update.zip (Stock Sprint ROM) that you put on the SDCard (you may want to do the wipe data/factory reset)
3.) reboot after flashing
4.) if it doesn't boot up completely, pull battery and then boot into recovery and flash update.zip again to get the radio
(I did a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition here)
5.) reboot.

Seems the 3G radio isn't working (WiFi and Cellular is working)

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I found a HUGE problem when trying to service program the phone. IT WON'T DO IT. It just won't work.

I reverted back to stock ROM to get it done, while chatting with a CSR on the webchat. Now, does this unroot your phone? I saw a set of instructions with 29 steps that made it too complicated

Its really nothing more than:
1.) boot into recovery
2.) flash update.zip (Stock Sprint ROM) that you put on the SDCard (you may want to do the wipe data/factory reset)
3.) reboot after flashing
4.) if it doesn't boot up completely, pull battery and then boot into recovery and flash update.zip again to get the radio
(I did a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition here)
5.) reboot.

Seems the 3G radio isn't working (WiFi and Cellular is working)

Cm7 is not based on sprint software, so does not have the "hooks" built in for sprint to service. So yeah, if you are having sprint based issues, reverting to stock rom would be a necessity. As for data issues, all i would know to recommend would be to try re applying the update.zip. Once done, actually boot into android and from settings>privacy>factory reset. Hopefully that will help. Then you will be ready to reroot and go from there as you like. Any other issues on this i would recommend starting another thread, as it is likely to get lost here.

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Cm7 is not based on sprint software, so does not have the "hooks" built in for sprint to service. So yeah, if you are having sprint based issues, reverting to stock rom would be a necessity. As for data issues, all i would know to recommend would be to try re applying the update.zip. Once done, actually boot into android and from settings>privacy>factory reset. Hopefully that will help. Then you will be ready to reroot and go from there as you like. Any other issues on this i would recommend starting another thread, as it is likely to get lost here.

Well, the LG Optimus S isn't my primary phone anymore, as I have a Motorola Photon 4G now, so I'm not going to put CM7 back on the Optimus S (I plan on giving it to someone else).

As for the Motorola Photon 4G, I might not put any ROM on it, since the stock ROM is pretty powerful as it is. If I did, I'll wait till they had the 4G unlock issue fixed.

Re-flashing (a third time), still hasn't gotten the 3G radio working.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTravers

extrafuzzyllama

May 8, 2010
Visit site

since this is a AOSP rom this has no traces of CarrierIQ right?
i recently heard about CIQ so i removed it from my new Epic Touch 4G and i have some family members with the Optimus S and dont want them exposed to CIQ spying

snipsta

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

Just put the latest full build on and am experiencing one problem. Incoming calls always vibrate and never audibly ring. I have checked every setting and volume and nothing seems to let it make a sound during calls. Ideas?

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

since this is a AOSP rom this has no traces of CarrierIQ right?
i recently heard about CIQ so i removed it from my new Epic Touch 4G and i have some family members with the Optimus S and dont want them exposed to CIQ spying

Correct!

You can verify by Settings -> Applications -> Running Services

No Carrier IQ in this Rom.

11/20 build with Bob's 3.3 kernel is STABLE!

Do a full wipe and format system too.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just put the latest full build on and am experiencing one problem. Incoming calls always vibrate and never audibly ring. I have checked every setting and volume and nothing seems to let it make a sound during calls. Ideas?

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

it works in go, you have to turn off high quality drawing in the settings menu....

i had that disabled already, uninstalled go launcher and transparency works fine with whatever the standard cm7 one is. i'll just use that for now or check out adw.

can anyone reccomend som transparent themes? or s there a list somewhere of all the transparent cm7 themes?

Last edited:

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Feels great to be back on kravens cm7, oops 7.1 lol!!! Recently had my sprint radio fry due to an outage. Yeah messed up, right lol. Well I had to revert to stock for a bit due to the fact that i might need to send it in. Sure enough i had to, and got a new lg optimus s today:) Just rooted, installed recovery and 11-20-2011 with bobzhome3.3 kernal and loving it!!! Its flying lol:p

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Feels great to be back on kravens cm7, oops 7.1 lol!!! Recently had my sprint radio fry due to an outage. Yeah messed up, right lol. Well I had to revert to stock for a bit due to the fact that i might need to send it in. Sure enough i had to, and got a new lg optimus s today:) Just rooted, installed recovery and 11-20-2011 with bobzhome3.3 kernal and loving it!!! Its flying lol:p

Umm, its 7.2 actually right? Thats what it says under about phone/mod version.

*did I just prove myself a noob?* :-!

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Actually not at all, if anything my blunder means I'm the noob:D haha thanks for the correction invincible madness:)

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

i had that disabled already, uninstalled go launcher and transparency works fine with whatever the standard cm7 one is. i'll just use that for now or check out adw.

can anyone reccomend som transparent themes? or s there a list somewhere of all the transparent cm7 themes?

did you try the theme chooser thread on xda?

convictus

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Thank you so much for this rom, really breathed new life into this phone. I was on thunder rom (which was nice) but it didn't give me much room to install apps. I have all of the apps I typically had on the phone that left me with about 16mb free on thunderrom and I have about 96mb now!!!

Another huge improvement over the stock it plays 320kbps MP3's that caused the stock music player to choke!

so far I have zero trouble. I haven't gotten the GPS turned on yet, so I need to test that but I followed your steps exactly and have not had any troubles.

pakaloabob

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Many thanks to thekraven for making this ROM possible - it has been an incredible experience so far!
Also thanks to everyone in this forum who has submitted questions and bug reports. Reading through this thread has helped me fix several quirks along the way. However, I do still have a few minor issues.
1) It seems that when I enable GPS then disable it, the icon remains in the status bar. This occurs whether I use the power widget or menu to enable/disable.
2) When I reboot the phone, I need to re-login to Facebook and Twitter, but not Gmail or Amazon (apps).
3) In the Google voice app, when I try to make a call from the messaging window, it prepends a "+1" in front of the contact number and the call is lost. The contact info at the top of the screen does not indicate the "+1," nor do any of my contacts have this. Additionally, any incoming voicemail has the "+1" as well.
If I could get help with 1 or 2 of these things I would be a very happy man :D

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

Many thanks to thekraven for making this ROM possible - it has been an incredible experience so far!
Also thanks to everyone in this forum who has submitted questions and bug reports. Reading through this thread has helped me fix several quirks along the way. However, I do still have a few minor issues.
1) It seems that when I enable GPS then disable it, the icon remains in the status bar. This occurs whether I use the power widget or menu to enable/disable.
2) When I reboot the phone, I need to re-login to Facebook and Twitter, but not Gmail or Amazon (apps).
3) In the Google voice app, when I try to make a call from the messaging window, it prepends a "+1" in front of the contact number and the call is lost. The contact info at the top of the screen does not indicate the "+1," nor do any of my contacts have this. Additionally, any incoming voicemail has the "+1" as well.
If I could get help with 1 or 2 of these things I would be a very happy man :D

Problem number three is a Google Voice quirk. It actually adds the '+1' on all ROM's but every CM based ROM I've used on the Optimus S, for some reason, doesn't seem to like dialing numbers with a '+1' attached so they fail at 0 seconds with a 'Call Lost' notification. Either GV needs to stop appending the +1's or CM needs to change to allow dialing numbers with it attached. Either way, that's not something easily fixed in this particular build. Maybe submitting a bug report directly to the CM team would help.

Reactions: pakaloabob

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

After about a week of flashing, my phone is very sluggish, i keep getting the force close/wait menu pop ups and when receiving a text, the phone lights up and the message shows up in the notification bar before the sound goes off lol. i clean flash fixed everything, but i dont want to have to do this every week or so. i wipe cache, then under mounts, format boot, system, data, and cache and flash the debug-system.zip and still get this problem =(

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

After about a week of flashing, my phone is very sluggish, i keep getting the force close/wait menu pop ups and when receiving a text, the phone lights up and the message shows up in the notification bar before the sound goes off lol. i clean flash fixed everything, but i dont want to have to do this every week or so. i wipe cache, then under mounts, format boot, system, data, and cache and flash the debug-system.zip and still get this problem =(

Why don't you try redownloading 11-20 zip and repeat the same procedure. May be the download was corrupted. Also, are you on VD?

fee444

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Home Back and Menu button on status bar

Is it possible to put the Home Back and Menu buttons on the status bar. My Back button is getting squishy.

It looks like it's already on CM7 but the menu options do not exist, in the 11-20 bare bones build. Is it in the full version?

forum.xda-developers [dot] com/showthread.php?t=1002000

TIA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney